Iron Man 3 Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As long as you promise to be a gentlemen then I’m game :lol

I doubt it though, I LOVE the TDK trilogy. I know it’s flaws, to me the good far outweighs the bad.

Can't make any promises, just ask Jye.

I always thought it funny how many did not like Iron a Man 3 because Tony did not wear the armor very much in the movie, but in a Dark a Knight arises Bruce was only Batman for less than half of the movie.

Since I revisited IM3 a few days back I decided to do the same with Thor: TDW. It was actually quite a struggle to stay with it for the first hour to hour and 15 minutes. After the tone of IM3 (which I liked) it was weird watching a follow-up that felt more like a Terry Gilliam movie or the Princess Bride. And I realized that other than Lady Sif and Loki I really don't care for Asgard or any of its major players. Odin is kind of annoying, Thor's three male friends are just a little too cartoony for me, even for a Thor movie. Even Heimdall is kind of "eh" to me.

But once Thor ditched his friends and went off with Loki to the Dark World I thought it got pretty sweet. Then they go back to earth and finally I start enjoying the zaniness with the big battle through all the portals. Totally fun stuff and I had a good smile going for the last however many minutes. It's hard to rate a movie that I didn't really care for over an hour though. I just found myself wishing I was still watching IM3 or TWS while it was playing. But it ended on one heck of a high note IMO and even 3 minutes of GOTG during the credits is sweet. :)

I'd definitely say its the low point of Phase II but still fun if you can stick it out to the end.

For me I loved going around Asgrad and getting to know those characters. Thor, Loki, and Lady Sif are still my favorites even after getting to know the others and I'm very much looking forward to Thor 3 and seeing what is next for them. I will say Odin is a bit of a ****** in this and preached a bit the opposite of what he did in film one. Still if folks consider this the weakest of phase two then I think that says how good these films have been.

While I agree with most of this post, there were a number of heroic moments in the film, even still the movie is a giant turd.

If people like this movie, then Marvel can literally make anything and get away with it.
There were a few action sequences, but nothing heroic, the only "heroic scene" was the airforce one sequence... Then we learn tony wasnt even in the suit. Thats not heroic, as theres no risk to the hero, he isnt in danger... Its just a weak movie

There were a few action sequences, but nothing heroic, the only "heroic scene" was the airforce one sequence... Then we learn tony wasnt even in the suit. Thats not heroic, as theres no risk to the hero, he isnt in danger... Its just a weak movie

If you’re not counting that as heroic, then I guess your right.

I think it's a weird thing to fixate on, but ok.

I don't think any one of the people that were rescued from the plane cared whether there was a man in the suit or not. A hero (empty shell or not) still saved them from certain death.

As far as TDKR, I'm hardly a Nolanite, but I enjoyed them all. I liked BB the best, and thought the other two were good, solid comic book movies. I watch them every once in a while and thoroughly enjoy the realistic approach and overall tone of the trilogy.

So if there's a man holding a a child hostage with a gun to the kids head…and a police sniper on the adjacent roof takes a shot and downs the man holding the child…the police sniper is not a hero because he himself was not in the bullet….hmmmm...

So if there's a man holding a a child hostage with a gun to the kids head…and a police sniper on the adjacent roof takes a shot and downs the man holding the child…the police sniper is not a hero because he himself was not in the bullet….hmmmm...

It also wasn't heroic when Tony had the MK42 surround Pepper instead of himself when the house was collapsing, because, you know, boobs. :lecture

Or when he called in all of his armors to fight the bad guys and help save the president.

So it's looking like Iron Man won't be the first superhero since Superman IV to get a forth solo movie

For me I loved going around Asgrad and getting to know those characters. Thor, Loki, and Lady Sif are still my favorites even after getting to know the others and I'm very much looking forward to Thor 3 and seeing what is next for them. I will say Odin is a bit of a ****** in this and preached a bit the opposite of what he did in film one. Still if folks consider this the weakest of phase two then I think that says how good these films have been.

I loved the first Thor but hated how they didn't move on in the sequel. The first Thor had the human characters to set up the differences between Midgard and Asgard and so we could relate more. Instead of moving on from that we got it all again, Darcy had more screen time than Sif for goodness sake

Terrible analogy... It would be more like a remote control mechanism attached to a sniper rifle on a roof, while the sniper is off controlling it from a van. And no its not heroic, as there is no risk to stark/sniper... They will be fine as theyre nice and cozy off in the distance.

And Nam, i already addressed the pepper thing a page or two back, said it was the only heroic thing he did

Remember folks, saving lives is only heroic if YOUR life is in danger. Doctors and surgeons that do badass things, snipers and sharpshooters, NOT heroes. Got it guys? They are NOT heroes. Okay carry on.

It also wasn't heroic when Tony had the MK42 surround Pepper instead of himself when the house was collapsing, because, you know, boobs. :lecture

They go squish. Thats physics!

Terrible analogy... It would be more like a remote control mechanism attached to a sniper rifle on a roof, while the sniper is off controlling it from a van. And no its not heroic, as there is no risk to stark/sniper... They will be fine as theyre nice and cozy off in the distance.

And Nam, i already addressed the pepper thing a page or two back, said it was the only heroic thing he did

How is it a terrible analogy? Both are tools. You can't discount one because it's more effective or advanced technologically. The sniper just saved the kids life, due to his ability to control the rifle. Also where is the idea coming from that I have to be in danger to be a hero.

If I throw a rope to someone sinking in quicksand... I'm not in any danger...I'm anchored just fine to this large stone boulder...but suddenly I'm not a hero because I'm A: not a rope and B: not in danger of falling in myself?

Remember folks, saving lives is only heroic if YOUR life is in danger. Doctors and surgeons that do badass things, snipers and sharpshooters, NOT heroes. Got it guys? They are NOT heroes. Okay carry on.

:lecture.

I dont know what kids these days believe in anymore :lol

I think the point is if they do all that by remote then it's not as heroic. Put it this way, what's more heroic a SWAT officer busting in to rescue hostages or a SWAT officer sitting in safety somewhere controlling a drone doing that.

The answer is pretty clear

Last edited:
It's less "badass" for him to not be in the suit but no less heroic if he still gets the job done. This is the 4th Iron Man movie if you count Avengers. So they wanted to do something a little different. I think they earned the right to be a little less predictable without people freaking out about it.

Back