Art Books -

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and something from the other end of the spectrum, been waiting for this from before december! the artwork is tediously exquisite

After opening this up I have to say it's probably one the most beautiful works I've seen. the quality of the paper and the color reproduction is on another level.

20140225_093524_zps0a3f0f03.jpg

Last edited:
Just a few pages from. Beautiful watercolor illustrations. tried to get a little close up to show the ridiculous detail he captured.

20140228_085350_zpsb1eb05ff.jpg

20140228_085328_zps9d3c0121.jpg

20140228_085339_zps3187703d.jpg

Middle shelf all PIXAR? Nice.
It is indeed and thank you. Aside from a few exceptions it basically goes:
Top shelf - Disney
2nd Shelf - Pixar
3rd Shelf - Dreamworks etc

x:duff
Awesome collection :rock

Is that a regular and collectors edition of The Illustration Of Life? :panic:
It is. Its a 1981 1st Ed Signed in slipcase, Deluxe cloth Edition and then a regular for readin ;). So 3 versions of that animation bible.

Thanks guys.

Sorry I posted the pics wrong so deleted my post (still not used to this 'new' forum :duh), here it is again :lol

Overall Pic:

Top Shelf:

Pixar shelf:

DreamWorks and Others:

I've had many of these for ages but they've been packed away. My brother and others have recently bought me some though, trying to get me enthused again with some of the newer ones (though I bought the Frozen ones :lol- one is actually for my Niece's birthday)

think I still have some other older ones boxed up but that's the bulk of it. I'm not used to having full shelves, lol.
x :wave

Last edited:
It is indeed and thank you. Aside from a few exceptions it basically goes:
Top shelf - Disney
2nd Shelf - Pixar
3rd Shelf - Dreamworks etc

It is. Its a 1981 1st Ed Signed in slipcase, Deluxe cloth Edition and then a regular for readin ;). So 3 versions of that animation bible.

Thanks guys.

Sorry I posted the pics wrong so deleted my post (still not used to this 'new' forum :duh), here it is again :lol

Overall Pic:

Top Shelf:

Pixar shelf:

DreamWorks and Others:

I've had most of these for many years but they've been packed away. My brother and others have recently bought me some though, trying to get me enthused again with some of the newer ones (though I bought the Frozen ones :lol- one is actually for my Niece's birthday)

think I still have some other older ones boxed up but that's the bulk of it. I'm not used to having full shelves, lol.

I've been wanting the deluxe version for awhile now. It's just so expensive :(

Fabulous collection Shell. For some reason your original post of this is not showing on my computer, just everyone else's quotes. Love those art of books

Fantastic collection Shell!! :clap

I too have all of my books packed away. :( Just going by yours I'm gonna need a lot more shelves than that!

A couple of things I noticed. You're missing the first Toy Story and A Bug's life books. And Robots is not Pixar! :gah: :monkey3

Love ya!

Gah! Beautiful.
Thank you,

I've been wanting the deluxe version for awhile now. It's just so expensive :(
But it's so worth it. If I see any FS I'll let ya know.

Fabulous collection Shell. For some reason your original post of this is not showing on my computer, just everyone else's quotes. Love those art of books
Thanks G. I know I messed up and deleted the initial post as I was getting mixed up. I've not been online lately so I'm not used to this forum yet. Well that and I messed the photos up. So I deleted my initial post but the guys were too fast for me and had already replied/ posted. My bad, sorry.
I'm glad you like them mate :1-1: I stopped collecting them for ages and my older books have just been boxed up till recently.

Fantastic collection Shell!! :clap

I too have all of my books packed away. :( Just going by yours I'm gonna need a lot more shelves than that!

A couple of things I noticed. You're missing the first Toy Story and A Bug's life books. And Robots is not Pixar! :gah: :monkey3

Love ya!
Thanks Ill :1-1:

I can imagine you needing a few shelving units, not just the one cos you get all the film art, and artist art books too don't cha?. At least mine is restricted to animation :lol though I do have another shelving unit for my LOTR and Titanic books.

First Toy Story and Bugs life are placed on top of the bookshelf unit, you can just see them in the overall picture. They are too big (Toy story is too tall and bugs life too wide) to fit in this unit unfortunately, so they are resting on top :)

As for Robots, I know but they look so pretty together all the same uniformed size, My OCD won't let me have multi sized books next to each other. Polar Express is in there too and that's not Pixar, so my 3 shelf theory is just a guide as there are a few scattered, but I like them all to match.
It's funny when size matters to a girl like me :wink1: :lol

Last edited:
Back