Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EE changed GMK XPlus to Feb 2015. :gah:

64 still Sept.

GMK was never even confirmed for a re-re-release. So far, only G54, G64, and G03 (I think) are concrete. Everything else on EE's site is tentative. I placed an order for the second run of Gargantuas just in case, but I doubt it'll happen.

According to tracking, I should be hearing some rather gigantic footsteps at my door tomorrow. Positively burning with excitement over here. If I don't let off some steam, I could have a meltdown.

Mothra Larva!

Full Album here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.587842021287155.1073741833.532016576869700&type=1

mothra_larva___darkness_by_mikallica-d7xs1rw.jpg

mothra_larva___neutral_stance_by_mikallica-d7xs1qd.jpg

mothra_larva___cocoon_by_mikallica-d7xs1od.jpg

mothra_larva___jump_by_mikallica-d7xs1n8.jpg

mothra_larva___string_shot_by_mikallica-d7xs1lx.jpg

mothra_larva___silk_attack_by_mikallica-d7xs1gm.jpg

Based on the movies I had and watched most as a kid, my most favorite foes and looks of all are Show Ghidorah, larval Mothra, Rodan and Mecha Godzilla. I watched those movies so much. Would love to have decent figures of them all some day.

My Grail godzilla posters came in!!!

The elusive and hard to come by b1 sized:
temporary_zpsba2735ff.jpg

temporary_zps97cbaa7a.jpg

b2 size poster from 1970. I can't believe the condition of this 44 year old poster!
temporary_zps5b266b44.jpg

Just two more godzilla posters and I'm done collecting. Whew, so close to the finish line.

The japanese godzila posters are beatiful. Which two remain?

I love the artwork versions of the hesei (all of them really) and godzilla vs megaguirus and gmk. The showa had so many great, cult classic posters.

Only japanese godzilla poster I have is destroyah. I love it because unlike many of tg e other ones, Godzilla is the main backdrop looming over his opposition.

Yeah the artwork for the hesei series are gorgeous. Not intending to collect them all ( well unless I win big time in some lucky dip) so the final two posters that I'm hoping to get in B1 size are the following:

godzillavsmechagodzillaII.jpg

and

GodzillaFinalWars.jpg

Hopefully one day soon I'll get to own them.

Look who decided to stomp in despite today's morning power outage.

IMG_3692_zpse341c43f.jpg

A word of warning to those who have yet to receive their figures: the smell of this guy can't be exaggerated. Honest to God, it smells more like pesticide than plastic. I'm keeping mine in the garage to air out for at least a day, if not two. Review with more photos coming when I regain my sense of smell.

I plan on getting one gigantic series figure. I just want to wait and see what comes next. To me, since ill only be getting one, it has to be my favorite look and something very iconic. I think '54, '62, '64, '91, and 2000 would be the ones that would be the ones id really invest in--and only one of those. Imagine a gigantic series '54 or 2k? Hell, imagine a 2014.

And Jye you need to look at your inbox dude I tried to hook you up.

I was in the same boat as you. Didn't want a GMK since I'm quite happy with the 30cm version, but the Burning Godzilla design felt like the right mix of iconic and bold.

Having that said, I would break my rule of one for a gigantic 2014 figure.

Yeah...burning godzilla is one of those. His intro scene is so badass in the movie. And im also a big gmk fan so im surprised ive managed to not get reeled in yet...but im very particular with these humongous figures. And I already have a two foot tall meltdown burning godzilla godzilla so Im very picky. 2000 I feel like will be one of the next ones and it'll either be very awesome or just too over the top spikey and cartoonish.

My Grail godzilla posters came in!!!

The elusive and hard to come by b1 sized:
temporary_zpsba2735ff.jpg

Just as beautiful as an 18 year old cheerleader bending over for a quater.

Look who decided to stomp in despite today's morning power outage.

IMG_3692_zpse341c43f.jpg

A word of warning to those who have yet to receive their figures: the smell of this guy can't be exaggerated. Honest to God, it smells more like pesticide than plastic. I'm keeping mine in the garage to air out for at least a day, if not two. Review with more photos coming when I regain my sense of smell.

Pesticide. :lol

Question since I don't own any Xplus.

When the vinyl smell is brought up, does it mean it smells good or bad?

And Jye you need to look at your inbox dude I tried to hook you up.

Just got home from the office, thanks for looking out, but I want to hold out for a new one.

Last edited:
Back