Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Awesome review as always John! :rock

10548095_776413965754324_8940597074352575985_o.jpg

Looks like I'll be buying all 3! Neca did a fantastic job IMO. Thanks for improving the 84! :clap

I'm still not understanding these 2 new NECA godzilla's. The 6" Bandai vinyls are far more accurate. I can't really tell that the '94 is supposed to be the '94, and the '85 version is... recognizable, but he looks a bit like a cross between Teddy Ruxpin and Godzilla 1985... :rotfl

They're certainly not the worst toys ever, by any means... But for the retail price, it's funny that they fall so short of mass-produced Japanese Vinyls. (Not that Bandai Japan is currently producing much of any, but maybe we'll see a 60th Anniversary Box Set? :dunno)

first yeah i will prolly get these when is see them at rus, quick G fix etc. but....

they look so "toy" like to me. not a collectible figure but a toy.

the rebirth SHMA Godzilla i got recently i love so much, its like perfect in every way seriously. cant help but compare that to the neca 94 its like apples and oranges, one is a collectible figure the other a cheap toy by appearance. IMO

jeeeeebwus that big neca 2014 G looks epic. trying hard to resist.:gah:

Picked up this dude from a fellow forum member. Ric Boy 99, waiting on 84 and 92 30cm X-Plus this week. Almost done playing catch up. Good week for boxes!

14971404805_16d29d9d07_b.jpg

14948441126_bd15cd18b4_b.jpg

The '94 godzilla by neca looks better than their prototype of it that they showed off but still doesn't have the spirit of the shma. The '85 I'll buy for lack of other options in that scale but if tamashi releases him I definitely expect better.

That x-plus 2000 looks sweet. Hes very, very popular.

Picked up this dude from a fellow forum member. Ric Boy 99, waiting on 84 and 92 30cm X-Plus this week. Almost done playing catch up. Good week for boxes!

14971404805_16d29d9d07_b.jpg

14948441126_bd15cd18b4_b.jpg

That 2000 is bad arse! And I also love the close ups of the Neca 2014! Very intense face!!! :thud:

I watched Godzilla 1984 last night and it's so funny to watch now. The robot head is a mess. Can't believe Godzilla was put down by Super X. I always disliked how they made Godzilla essentially a big bird, not even being smart enough to avoid getting hit by the cadmium over and over again in his mouth. Godzilla 2014 has changed the way I watch serious Godzilla movies lol. Thankfully, I love the Showa camp and fun-oriented feel so I can watch those and grin.

That homeless dude though...ugh he was so annoying. I'd watch ATJ for 8 hours nonstop just stare blankly at the world going to hell around him rather than a few more minutes of the bum.

But I'm hoping the '84 figure turns out nice. The costume was pretty sweet, wish they were able to do more with it or it battled another monster. I wonder if Godzilla will look different enough in the upcoming films to justify more 24 HTT figures lol.

G84 is definitely a flawed movie, I really love it for the suit, cinematography and the general depiction of Godzilla an some of the music, but the story and characters are lacking, but the bar for 2014 is low because of that, other than '54, few Godzilla movies really wow me with story, it's really just a matter of being interesting enough to not want to fast forward to G scenes.

Back