Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2b9d4bc65d8ecdd63cd95d407e391e34.jpg

Shuuuweeet

That closed mouth shot looks so damn good!

I know! They really captured prehistoric, almost decaying, look he had in some of his closeups--like the receding lips/gums and jacked up teeth. Hes going to be great in person.

Thanks for those 89 comparison pics, I prefer the arm-hand-claw positions on the original version.

Both look great, but i'm going with the reissue to save money.

SHMA 14 does look menacing with mouth closed.

I bought godzilla digital copy as well as Gojira and godzilla vs monster zero. I might pick up biollante as well. I just want a few certain Godzilla films in my digital library. Rumors are of an upcoming destroy all monsters and Godzilla vs megalon blu ray as well...

I bought godzilla digital copy as well as Gojira and godzilla vs monster zero. I might pick up biollante as well. I just want a few certain Godzilla films in my digital library. Rumors are of an upcoming destroy all monsters and Godzilla vs megalon blu ray as well...

That Megalon bluray has been "coming out" for years now :lol. I had it poed on amazon for quite some time...actually i think i still might :lol

That Megalon bluray has been "coming out" for years now :lol. I had it poed on amazon for quite some time...actually i think i still might :lol
[emoji28]
I mean if there is a Show a film other than Godzilla's revenge that I won't be upset about if it doesnt come out its Godzilla vs megalon lol

For those up in the air about the Sakai '89, here's how it compares to the current X-Plus version. Evaluate for yourself, but for me, the Sakai blows the X-Plus out of the water. First, let me say that this is the built up resin model version of Sakai's '89. It was never 30cm, so there was no shrinkage when they switched to vinyl. This comes in around 28-29cm. Second, the stance of the Sakai isn't much different than the current X-Plus version. The tail goes in the same direction on both, and only the leading foot is different. The head on the X-Plus is too big and not quite the correct shape. The 89 is my absolute favorite design so I know it pretty well. I'm not saying Sakai's is 100% perfect, but it's pretty close.View attachment 129875View attachment 129876View attachment 129877View attachment 129878View attachment 129879View attachment 129880

Great photo set!

I wonder if they are actually increasing it to 30 cm....I hope so...
y
Either way, I do prefer the Sakai sculpt...mainly cuz for me 89 is also my fave and I was always a little disappointed the head wasn't quite right on the 30 cm xplus --looked a tad cartoony, kinda like the intermediate model kits out of japan compared with the kaiyodos and the horizon kits.....
But I do like it and it's one of my favorite 30 cm G's.

Btw the diamond vinyl bank is not an 89.... I know t's labelled that way, but I do believe it's either a 92 or 93 suit based on the sculpt and pose.

A few quick shots of the NECA 1994 Godzilla that just arrived in stock. Make no mistake this is not SHMA, but not too shabby for a godzilla under $20. It has good texture, reasonable articulation and SOLID like a brick, definitely well worth every penny.

20140827_024839.jpg

20140827_024918.jpg

20140827_025213.jpg

20140827_025247.jpg

20140827_025352.jpg

X-Plus' own '89 sculpt is a solid effort, but compared to Sakai it just doesn't hold up. Sakai captures suit accuracy and film personality within his sculpts, they're really works of art in the Godzilla world, I'm so glad I own a number of his pieces.

I've seen the neca 94 in a couple of stores now and I've decided I don't like it. It just looks very uninteresting as far as godzillas go. I dont like the texture, nor the weird neck collar he's got going on. Also, every single one I've seen has blue toenails :lol It is a decent effort though.

Back