Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine was like that. Go ahead and use the hair dryer. Really heat it up and close the gap. Hold it until the vinyl cools completey. Mine ended up looking fine. I also needed to pop the head off mine and adjust that as it was stuck way off to the side.

It's not stuck. The articulation is fine. I believe something happened during the molding process. The rep said the gap was there to allow room for articulation, but I think this gap is just way too big to be normal. I thought about using a hair dryer to reshape the torso but am afraid I might make it worse.

If the barbell joint inside is lined up properly, there is a slight gap on each side to allow a wide range or torso posing. Mine was like yours when I got it, off more to one side, but I just had to keep moving the upper body around wiggling the joint around until it eventually shift and now it's pretty even. The joint is very tight so it takes a bit of work.

I got the Neca 94 Godzilla today, and I like him a lot, to be honest. I used to collect the Trendmasters line when I was a kid since they were readily available in U.S. stores. This guy reminds me of a Masters if the Universe Classics update to the old Trendmasters Godzilla. A pretty neat, cheap generic Heisei Godzilla.

For those up in the air about the Sakai '89, here's how it compares to the current X-Plus version. Evaluate for yourself, but for me, the Sakai blows the X-Plus out of the water. First, let me say that this is the built up resin model version of Sakai's '89. It was never 30cm, so there was no shrinkage when they switched to vinyl. This comes in around 28-29cm. Second, the stance of the Sakai isn't much different than the current X-Plus version. The tail goes in the same direction on both, and only the leading foot is different. The head on the X-Plus is too big and not quite the correct shape. The 89 is my absolute favorite design so I know it pretty well. I'm not saying Sakai's is 100% perfect, but it's pretty close.View attachment 129875View attachment 129876View attachment 129877View attachment 129878View attachment 129879View attachment 129880

Awesome comparison! Thank you! I'm looking forward to getting BOTH these next few months! :clap

Biollante Bluray coming out for $13.00 on 10/07/14.

:yess: I still need the Blu-Ray of this one!

Streaming movies, yuck.

I will never give up my physical media that I can play when the internet is down.

Agreed! :exactly:

1300x-1985_Godzilla1.jpg

1300x-1985_Godzilla2.jpg

1300x-1985_Godzilla3.jpg

You're the '84 expert MaulFan but he looks strange to me. Head (though improved) looks too big for his body. The spines too small. The legs?

Oh boy. That NECA '85 Godzilla is giving the '67 suit a run for it's money... :lol

You're the '84 expert MaulFan but he looks strange to me. Head (though improved) looks too big for his body. The spines too small. The legs?

It definitely has flaws and is probably less accurrate than '94, but I like how they captured his attitude in the head and overall it's close enough that I'd be happy to get it for $20 but it won't be close to a favorite in my '84 collection. The big flaw now is the spines are about 2/3 the size the should be, if they were bigger the rest would probably look better. '84 is one of the largest head to body proportions of all the Godzilla's, funny since in '89 they went to one of the smallest.

Hey, do you guys have any Sofubis? These look so cute but I'm curious if they're worth the price. Are they durable even though they are hand painted?

I did a double take when I saw NECA G '14 at Wal-Mart this morning. Anyone else see this?
It was in the trading card section next to the checkout lane I was in.

Yeah apparently some walmarts are sticking the small 2014 from NECA, my local never had any Bandai so I'd be stunned if they got NECA.

Should be a couple weeks before SHMA 2014's start getting to some people I'd imagine.

Other than that, the wait is November for my King Kong vs. Godzilla X-Plus. I don't even know when my '89 is coming out. Don't want to depress myself.

Still hoping to awake each day hoping that X-Plus has gotten rights to do Legend-Goji.

Back