Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a pretty good deal! I can't wait for the 30cm reissue. Hope the paint apps are good.

X-plus_Godzilla_62_Image.jpg

Has anyone ever tried to paint these types of vinyl figures and is there any type of finisher that works on this type of soft plastic?

There are a couple of customizers and kit builders on the X-Plus Facebook group. I know some of them have repainted and touched up their figures. Not sure what finishers they're using, though.

There are a couple of customizers and kit builders on the X-Plus Facebook group. I know some of them have repainted and touched up their figures. Not sure what finishers they're using, though.

I just received the Diamond bank and think this would look great with some more color and details. The nails and eyes could certainly use some work but this is the way the new movie version should look, IMO.

Hallmark ornament photo and details.

hallmarkGodzilla-QXI2553.jpg

The Hallmark Godzilla Keepsake Ornament features sounds from the new movie… press the button to hear Godzilla in action!

The ornament will be available in Hallmark Gold Crown stores starting July 12, 2014 (U.S. only) and online at Hallmark.com starting July 21, 2014 (U.S. only).

Sculptor: Orville Wilson
Manufacturer: Hallmark
Product #: QX12553
Product Dimensions: 2 3/8” x 3 7/8” x 2 ½”
Release Date: July 12, 2014
SRP: $17.95

Yeah, how can a ornament be "getting it" more than Neca, Bandai and Jakks? The monster-arts had better look this good at least.

Hallmark ornament photo and details.

hallmarkGodzilla-QXI2553.jpg

The Hallmark Godzilla Keepsake Ornament features sounds from the new movie… press the button to hear Godzilla in action!

The ornament will be available in Hallmark Gold Crown stores starting July 12, 2014 (U.S. only) and online at Hallmark.com starting July 21, 2014 (U.S. only).

Sculptor: Orville Wilson
Manufacturer: Hallmark
Product #: QX12553
Product Dimensions: 2 3/8” x 3 7/8” x 2 ½”
Release Date: July 12, 2014
SRP: $17.95

Seems like these other company's should be hiring Orville Wilson cause thus is the best looking offering so far.

Yeah, how can a ornament be "getting it" more than Neca, Bandai and Jakks? The monster-arts had better look this good at least.

JAKKS and Bandai are catering to kids so they just didn't care, and I think NECA's as close as you can get with articulation, you have to take some artistic liberties to make the articulation points stand out as little as possible and they seemed to do a great job. Hallmark and Sideshow get to just sculpt him so their pieces will look better.

Well, promotional pictures always look a bit better. The real thing at only 3 & 1/2 inches high isn't going to look quite so nice, but it's still cool nonetheless. Much like the original Godzilla suits, this design just looks better when it isn't broken up with so many jointed points of articulation.

Without question, this image seems more in line with what the final piece looks like but still looks good.

13724038595_aff3db18bc_o.jpg

I'd you look, you can even see seam lines where the arms are attached where on the recent image it's solid.

That ornament is going to be my grail from this movie lol no the neca looks good

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Back