Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That 89 is a Yuji Sakai sculpt, you can't beat his work and it looks more like the suit than either of X-Plus' efforts.

This new one is almost $300. The diamond reissue will $150 same height

Wow,

I see that the new one has him in a walking pose while the original his legs are together standing, plus his hands are just a little wider apart.

So the double increase is just because of the sculptor?

Has it been confirmed that the original 89 will be reissued?

Where do babies come from?

Here ya go, Blade

I can indeed confirm that this is a bank. Just like the 89 Godzilla one they put out.

Thanks for the confirmation, it just looks too good to be a bank!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Going for the Diamond '89 reissue. Sakai is a huge talent and that figure does indeed look more like the movie suit, but -- and I could very well be stoned for this -- I think I prefer X-Plus' take on that one. The more exaggerated (and comparatively cartoony) face stands out more from the other Heisei Gojis. Seeing as my main goal is color and sculpt contrast between suit designs, it's a no-brainer. That and it's cheaper. :lol Factor in shipping on that Sakai sculpt and you'll end up paying more than twice the reissue price.

The '89 will be reissued, by the way. He and Gorosaurus are the last two to be reissued on the current Diamond contract. We'll know in October at NYCC what the next contract run will entail. I'm hoping Baragon, Gigan, Titanosaurus, and -- of course -- Anguirus '68!

x-plus89.jpg

For half the price I think I'm more than okay with this. But we'll see. We're comparing final product to prototype.

Godzilla-89-xplus.JPG

Actualy Ithink I just realized that my favorite '89 figure is STILL the 25cm X-Plus.

They mentioned they would be using a different kind of plastic for the wings in last year's Kaijucast X-Plus interview video. ABS, if I remember correctly. I believe that's also what they used on the 25cm adult Mothra.

I wonder if the wings will be soft vinyl or if they will be made of something stiffer. It seems they would sag after some time.

Now we're talking. That's just a wonderful rendition of one of my all time favorites.

Looks pretty close.....to this

GodzillavsGHIDORAH1_zps761aa289.jpg

Though I wouldn't mind having this version in my livingroom...lol

GodzillavsGHIDORAH2_zps3a90e9dc.jpg

Now we're talking. That's just a wonderful rendition of one of my all time favorites.

Looks pretty close.....to this

GodzillavsGHIDORAH1_zps761aa289.jpg

Though I wouldn't mind having this version in my livingroom...lol

GodzillavsGHIDORAH2_zps3a90e9dc.jpg

If I were a rich man. da da da da da da

Picked up my pint glass over the weekend, worth every penny, really cool, the blue glass is neat and the art has this metallic, shiny quality too it, even though it's a cartoony image it's not like a cartoony looking glass if that makes sense.

14764660001_83555727f5_o.jpg

14764659951_df2c71a4ce_o.jpg

Back