Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had the 24" HTT for almost 2 weeks now and I'm still in awe of it everytime I look at it, and I have to say, maybe blue wasn't the right highlight color choice, but I love the highlights cuz in the lighting where I have him, it makes his skin pop and his spines contrast, it makes his skin look just enough like a different color.

It's a wonderful figure. I love the face. I dont like how one of the thighs always pops out or the bland blue paint (grey or brown would have been better imo). But sculpt wise its great.

I sort of have one, I painted my X-Plus '54 concept maquette figure a light grey to make it look like a clay sculpture to be more authentic to the source.

That sounds pretty cool. Did it come out good? I had thought of doing that once. but then I'm always coming up with all sorts of ideas; that's just one that never came to fruition. (Sort of speak.)

Yeah, the paint has a full finish so it looks like dry clay, I wanted my '54 collection to include replica of the maquette that started it all. I'm glad X-Plus made one, just a shame it was glossy teal plastic, but I fixed it :)

I recently received a 24" NECA Godzilla from BBTS. When he is positioned with the upper and lower body lined up, the upper torso bows out almost 3/4 inch from the lower half on his left side. I can easily fit two fingers in this gap. A BBTS rep said that the others she looked at have a gap but it just looks weird to me.Is this how it is supposed to look? Thanks.
CAM00259_zps385b4fb5.jpg

CAM00255_zpsde06a82d.jpg

^^isnt it a barbell style double ball joint? if so you should be able to get it to line up more by trying to push it over some, utilize the ball joint in lower torso. maybe its stuck? :)

^^isnt it a barbell style double ball joint? if so you should be able to get it to line up more by trying to push it over some, utilize the ball joint in lower torso. maybe its stuck? :)
It's not stuck. The articulation is fine. I believe something happened during the molding process. The rep said the gap was there to allow room for articulation, but I think this gap is just way too big to be normal. I thought about using a hair dryer to reshape the torso but am afraid I might make it worse.

Mine isn't like that either, but on the bright side his figure's spikes arrived in great shape.

Back