Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So after thinking long and hard, I preordered X-Plus 30 cm Godzilla '54. I couldnt decide on which one to get just in case I only stick to one. Its hard to pick one Godzilla with so many great figures. '64 is great, I love the '89 design, '74 will always have a soft place in my heart since it was my first Godzilla movie I ever saw. But I had to go with the original--the beginning of it all. Its just so iconic and I love the film. Plus I think he's still one if the best designs and has the best spikes on any Godzilla, to me at least.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

X-Plus '54 is nice, but even though it's 2" shorter, you can't beat the Banpresto '54 sculpt.

9901537384_81d2b9d08c_o.jpg

X-Plus '54 is nice, but even though it's 2" shorter, you can't beat the Banpresto '54 sculpt.

You know, I owned a Banpresto at one point in time, and maybe I got a slightly off figure, but I wasn't impressed. I'd take the X-Plus over that any day. (Though there's still something about the X-Plus that doesn't quite 'nail it' for me.) I don't know what it is about the original Godzilla design, but it seems awfully hard for anyone to get right. Anymore, I start to feel like I'm seeing companies make reproductions of other companies' reproductions instead of the movie's designs! :rotfl

The Banpresto is sculpted by Yuji Sakai, probably the best Godzilla sculptor in the world when it comes to accuracy and capturing his character from a film.

Banpresto is great for the price you pay, but overall I just don't think the quality is really on par. '54 (to me) X-Plus 30cm looks straight out of the movie.

diamond-54-med-shot.jpg

Thanks for the heads up! Got my orders placed!!! :hi5:

Nooooo! Go with Entertainment Earth! You'll get a lot better packing and shipping service, and your figure / box will arrive looking mint without you having to pay extra. :clap

Get ready to wait an extra two weeks to get your figures. :lol But the customer service, box condition, and price-matching are worth it.

I have the Banpresto and while it is a nice sculpt.... It looks like a toy and lacks the detail of xplus. Yuji Sakai is the man when it comes to G sculpts but even his little Godzilla Dioramas have better detail then the Banpresto Godzilla 54 and G 2000.

I have the Banpresto and while it is a nice sculpt.... It looks like a toy and lacks the detail of xplus. Yuji Sakai is the man when it comes to G sculpts but even his little Godzilla Dioramas have better detail then the Banpresto Godzilla 54 and G 2000.

I agree that the detail isn't as crips on the Banpresto, but for me it's a bout capturing the suit, and the X-Plus looks like the '54 Godzilla gone anorexic, they slimmed his body and neck down too much and the proportions just don't look right.

81MUM46TyBL._SX466_.jpg

Godzilla-1954-01-g.jpg

I'm very pick with '54 collectibles, I feel like it's a tough suit to properly capture and really appreciate when it's done right. I have several '54s and other than the 6" Bandai vinyl, the rest are all by Sakai, I just feel like he's one of the few to get it.

I agree that the detail isn't as crips on the Banpresto, but for me it's a bout capturing the suit, and the X-Plus looks like the '54 Godzilla gone anorexic, they slimmed his body and neck down too much and the proportions just don't look right.

81MUM46TyBL._SX466_.jpg

Godzilla-1954-01-g.jpg

I'm very pick with '54 collectibles, I feel like it's a tough suit to properly capture and really appreciate when it's done right. I have several '54s and other than the 6" Bandai vinyl, the rest are all by Sakai, I just feel like he's one of the few to get it.

I think from the profile it looks very accurate. But to me, even if the figure is slightly thinner, I think it makes for a beautiful figure. The face is far more spot-on than the Banpresto which is way more vital to me..

7e3u6yvu.jpg

gu6atu8e.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Does anybody out there have the X-Plus Gotengo(Atragon)/Manda? If so, were you able to display it? I hate that mine is sitting in the box, but I'm afraid to push Manda all the way over the ship to it's required position. Any suggestions?xplusgoten6301.jpg

I always thought Rodan '56 looked so much better than any Showa Rodan but that is a pretty figure. It captures the power but yeah kind of goofiness of the suit perfectly. X-Plus really has been knocking them out of the park. I'm not going to take this plunge and I might just keep my collection solely to some Godzilla's that I like, but Rodan, Anguirus, King Ceasar and Titanosaurus really make it tempting. Thankfully I'm late to the party for the most part and now they are way out of my price range.

Back