Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice rundown. I haven't seen it in a while and this makes me want to watch it again. Biollante was such a weird creature - but cool.

I have been working my way through the series agsin the last few months. I picked up the Criterion 1954 Godzilla a while back and that set it off.

Biollante thoughts:

Weird music choices in parts. :lol

Battle with Biollante much shorter than I was expecting.

Incredibly bad ass look for Godzilla.

Decent story.

Batman line made me lol, makes sense since Batman was huge that year.

Loved how the soldier died in the high rise, dummy.

So that's 2 movies before 2014 where Godzilla shoots his AB into the mouth of a monster (this and 2000), so 2014 was NOT ground breaking in that department as I had believed.

Biollante was big, as much so as Destoroyah.

Godzilla's hands being given the Jesus treatment, ouch! (Gamera gets the same treatment 10 yrs later).

Fight with military was cool in the water.

Had the fight with Bio been longer I would've picked this over Destoroyah, but it didn't so I still pick Destoroyah as the overall better movie.

But still worth owning.

I thinnk the human cast is probbaly the most interesting batch out of the entire Hesei series. Love the volcano scene. Biollante was a nice change-up of the typical Godzilla villain. You could actually almost root for her. I really loved the Godzilla rampaging through the city scene (which was it, Osaka, maybe?) from the cinematography to how mean Godzilla looked. I liked the young military commander, I thought he was easy to root for. The spies were funny, but mostly funny in a bad way, especially the very beginning with the soldiers "OVA HERRREEE!!".

Biollante's final reveal was pretty epic.

10488061_10204369336939619_592597074291530969_n.jpg

try to mimic the poster :p

The Biollante film was a fun one! I love the military battle scenes with Godzilla and Biollante was a unique creature! What impressed me was how much bigger she was over Godzilla and yet, he still did not back down from her! The atomic blast down her throat was a priceless moment which is what I hinted to earlier about the Muto battle. To have made the 2014 more original, would have been to have Godzilla just brutally rip the Muto's head clean off with his bare hands and add some gore! However, family orientated patrons wouldn't find that too amusing I think. :lol

Last edited:
Nice score! I heard about that kmart price mistake, I didn't see any at my local kmart. But my local TRU is getting 4 next weekend and being in Hawaii people snatch toys up on sale or not. I want one of these for my NECA 18" Danger.

Looks like kmart online price is still $39.99, I'll see if TRU will price match.

It was definately worth the $34.00 I paid for it, wait for a price drop.

$60.00 hmmmmm....Yeah! :lol

Last edited:
Excellent pic woof!

I watched GMK this weekend. Daaang that G was intense! Makes my need for the X-Plus stronger, lol. Although he was so evil you were almost rooting for them to stop him. I think it's my favorite suit so far.

Also watched G Against MechaG. I think it's one of the better ones in terms of the human characters being interesting and not so much lag between fights. Plus the story behind MechaG is pretty awesome. I need a 1/6 Akane please! Lol. :inlove

The Burning Godzilla has been delayed for anyone who doesn't know. Standards ship out at the end of August, Ric Boy exclusive versions ship direct from X-Plus in mid- to late July.

Damn he looks awesome, my only complaint is that his eyes are a tad bit too large. I can't wait to get him.

It's neat don't get me wrong at all, but something about that face doesn't really look all too screen accurate either.

Back