Hot Toys –MMS120 - Iron Man 2: War Machine full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did a new mod to mine at work yesterday.

78EDEC5E-BD78-487F-BF04-AF45F631A6B4.jpg

AF150F30-238F-49AC-A260-7149FC1FE36F.jpg

Nicely done :clap: still love this version of war machine

Is it an easy mod to take apart the neck?

I'm paranoid wen it comes to electronics.

Kind of easy. I got the neck as a spare from a fellow member here so i knew that even if i messed up i still had my original. But in the movie his eyes aren't red. There's a red outline, but the light is white...
So, the neck is popped together. First you get a thin chisel on the thin line between the parts and gently pop the seam. The from comes off and can be put to one side. The back, with the battery compartment, switch and LED is all together. I snipped the red LED off it's pegs(I didn't want to have to connect the small wires as they are *really* tiny.
So, with batteries in the back and the switch turned on, i made sure of the correct way to attach the new Super bright LED. Then i sweated some solder onto the old LED pegs and melted that onto the terminal legs on the new LED. After it cooled, i snipped them to size and put it all back together again.
Although Eric doesn't like it, i prefer the white light, lol.

im2dvdrippt2avi_snapshot_014250_20140731_162533.jpg

:lol

It might be just the rim, depending of the angle of shot, but you can pretty much see the red hue constant during the film.

I don't recall it matching the white chest rt at all. :dunno

The light was always white. But there's an outline of red. Like there's a frame of red reflective material around the eye holes.
Its just a personal preference.
But next time you watch the movie I expect an apology, lol.
The eyes in the movie are not the red colour HT makes them out to be.

The light was always white. But there's an outline of red. Like there's a frame of red reflective material around the eye holes.
Its just a personal preference.
But next time you watch the movie I expect an apology, lol.
The eyes in the movie are not the red colour HT makes them out to be.
I have the movie right on my pc & I forwarded to the scene where WM is introduced by Hammer at the Stark Expo before I posted. :lol
It definitely is not white like the chest rt.
It's very hard to tell what's white and what's red since it's CGI in motion, but I am willing to agree with your assumption that it's outlined in red. :wink1:
Agree, HT over emphasized the red on their figures.

The thing with the red outline I can achieve sometimes while taking pictures when the LED had fresh battery and with in the first 5 minutes of turning on the LED eyes. After that 5 mins mark the eyes start to dim down or the battery run low. Here's an example early on when I just got the figure. Afterwards I can't achieve that same eye colour until I replaced his batteries. Also I find it easier to get the eyes to look like that by taking the pictures straight ahead. In person though it never looked like that, only on camera.

Attachments

• war machine 1.jpg
    war machine 1.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 266

Great pic!
And an incredible pose.

The thing with the red outline I can achieve sometimes while taking pictures when the LED had fresh battery and with in the first 5 minutes of turning on the LED eyes. After that 5 mins mark the eyes start to dim down or the battery run low. Here's an example early on when I just got the figure. Afterwards I can't achieve that same eye colour until I replaced his batteries. Also I find it easier to get the eyes to look like that by taking the pictures straight ahead. In person though it never looked like that, only on camera.

Yeah. That is the closest I have ever seen the HT WM ever get to the look in the film.

This is War Machine when he changed color to Iron Patriot while he still has Mark I. Rhode didn't like the color of the flag on Mark I so later he asked Tony to change to Mark II as Iron Patriot :rotfl I guess this is Iron Patriot Mark 0 or 0.5 :lol
1452420_771027666262242_165467058441823909_n.jpg

so I might be buying War Machine off a fellow freak for a decent price but it has no light up helmet. Anyone think they can help by selling me one?

so I might be buying War Machine off a fellow freak for a decent price but it has no light up helmet. Anyone think they can help by selling me one?

You are usually talking $100 for the WM helmet. And i haven't seen a light up one for sale in ages.
The cheapest one i have seen is $70 and that is a helmet with a Terrence Howard head in it and no lights.
Good luck with your search though.

The neck peg has the light up feature. The helmet itself is blank I would figure the don cheadle sculpted helmet to be more expensive then the blank helmet.

That helmet sculpt goes for about $90 and if your talking about the $195 one for sale than $285 isnt bad but I just bought a brand new one for $300 so being untouched was worth the $15.

Back