Alamo Drafthouse Posters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks a lot. Looks beautiful. Now, this may be a silly question but how does TS make those posters knowing so little of an unrealeased movie.

No worries!

Color is kinda blah but as usual the detail is spectacular. The reg will prob rule the world.

Agreed!

Agreed. Here's to hoping for a reg.

Agreed again! It's similar to my complaint about the Avengers poster. I can't have a poster with Hulk and NOT have him green. Same thing here. Color means everything. Hopefully, the ES is somewhat decent, giving me a chance. If not, oh well. But I'll definitely try for this one.

James Flames will sell artist copies of his Goonies poster today. It’s a 24″ x 36″ screenprint, has an AP edition of 45, and will cost $55. The variant has an AP edition of 25 and will cost $75. These go up today (Tuesday, July 29th) at 2pm Eastern Time. Visit www.JamesFlames.com.

unnamed5_zps58d22714.jpg~original

unnamed6_zps9c5cae38.jpg~original

I was at SDCC and got the Stout GotG Variant. We sort of "knew" it was coming. Mondo staff was amazing and very friendly. I wanted to point out Moe (or Mo?) in particular who had to sort of play the bad guy at times and cut lines off but he remained very professional, courteous and friendly.

Mondo did a great job with the Stout and were prepared for it. My brother and I missed the Starlord variant by a few people but the Mondo staff told us to be there super early for the next drop on Sunday because it was huge. My brother also noticed a tweet/blog post from Tyler Stout about taking a photo with his buddy at SDCC for a chance to win his new Mondo poster. So there were two hints.

We woke up at 4 am and got to the Con around 4:45ish. Once they opened the doors, we got to the Mondo line and we were still around 50 people mark. Moe took numbers and names down and I believe it was capped at around 150 or 175 people. Yes, some people had their girlfriends/boyfriends, husbands/wives and generally people that "looked" like they didn't collect Mondo but that's almost a given at ANY Exclusive line at the Con.

Once it dropped, Mondo moved the line well, you paid towards the front and were handed a ticket to turn into the staff who in return gave you the poster. One guy missed the line and was wandering around the front offering $300 cash to anyone who would sell their poster to him.

There will indeed be a regular that Mondo will post up later, so keep an eye out for the news. Tyler Stout will also be offering both on his site later on like he usually does with his e-mail raffles. I'm with you all that I actually prefer Stout's Regulars to his Variants, but it's still an awesome poster and we were very fortunate to get it. I can only imagine that if they do Avengers:AOU posters at the next SDCC, it'll be even crazier.

Another interesting tidbit, Kevin Tong had a booth there. My brother and I were walking and he noticed first and we walked in. I immediately bought his regular "ALIENS" poster he had on sale (the one with Ripley facing down the Queen in her hive and the green tones). He was an extremely cool guy so it was nice to meet him.

I was at SDCC and got the Stout GotG Variant. We sort of "knew" it was coming. Mondo staff was amazing and very friendly. I wanted to point out Moe (or Mo?) in particular who had to sort of play the bad guy at times and cut lines off but he remained very professional, courteous and friendly.

Mondo did a great job with the Stout and were prepared for it. My brother and I missed the Starlord variant by a few people but the Mondo staff told us to be there super early for the next drop on Sunday because it was huge. My brother also noticed a tweet/blog post from Tyler Stout about taking a photo with his buddy at SDCC for a chance to win his new Mondo poster. So there were two hints.

We woke up at 4 am and got to the Con around 4:45ish. Once they opened the doors, we got to the Mondo line and we were still around 50 people mark. Moe took numbers and names down and I believe it was capped at around 150 or 175 people. Yes, some people had their girlfriends/boyfriends, husbands/wives and generally people that "looked" like they didn't collect Mondo but that's almost a given at ANY Exclusive line at the Con.

Once it dropped, Mondo moved the line well, you paid towards the front and were handed a ticket to turn into the staff who in return gave you the poster. One guy missed the line and was wandering around the front offering $300 cash to anyone who would sell their poster to him.

There will indeed be a regular that Mondo will post up later, so keep an eye out for the news. Tyler Stout will also be offering both on his site later on like he usually does with his e-mail raffles. I'm with you all that I actually prefer Stout's Regulars to his Variants, but it's still an awesome poster and we were very fortunate to get it. I can only imagine that if they do Avengers:AOU posters at the next SDCC, it'll be even crazier.

Another interesting tidbit, Kevin Tong had a booth there. My brother and I were walking and he noticed first and we walked in. I immediately bought his regular "ALIENS" poster he had on sale (the one with Ripley facing down the Queen in her hive and the green tones). He was an extremely cool guy so it was nice to meet him.

Yeah that was such a great experience, definitely makes for a story when showing off the poster. Getting up early, rushing to the line with the crowds, staff telling people not to run, exhibitors holding up their iPhones filming as the opening crowds rushes in, great stuff.

Mondo was awesome, great staff, they're a friendly bunch. Did miss out on StarLord, so I'll be checking Mondo constantly to nab the regular of that to complete the set.

Kevin Tong was very nice and cool. I'm relatively new to collecting this kind of art, so I've never met the artists and I didn't realize how much of Tongs work I actually enjoy. I now have a much greater appreciation for their craft and specifically Kevin's work.

I'll be honest... the colors don't do much for me... It lacks pop. Especially with Gammora being Green and Groot's brown tones... It lacks pop as much as the Variant did.

I'm going for a Stout regular as well. If someone is willing to help me out, I'll pay a little extra or perhaps trade a SDCC poster for it.

First I notice is there is no Thanos head in the reg. The colors are nice but I was hoping for at least some green in Gamora.

First I notice is there is no Thanos head in the reg. The colors are nice but I was hoping for at least some green in Gamora.

Also StarLord is holding the orb in the regular and in the variant he is holding his gun. Lots of other differences actually, take a look at both side by side.

Back