NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jonah Hex is the funniest flop as far as NECA goes :lol I think that less than 20 people bought any of those figures. some of those lines make no sense.

speaking of Hunger Games, I remember seeing those for one dollar at TRU... ONE Dollar each. I almost bought them to make some customs or do something but didn't wanted to waste a buck :lol

I Wonder the same about MEZCO, a lot of times they make living dead dolls out of movies and those dolls are never sold, They made one out of the new freddy Kruger and those dolls were at Spencers for months and months, they were reduced 50%, then 75% and Still no one touched those either.

So I wonder if they get paid like you are saying.

It really annoys me when they say stuff like 1/4 Aliens aren't economically viable. And letting the 1/4 Preds line just sort of stop even though they were selling well enough to warrant, what, nine figures in that line?

Then I walk into a toy store and see no Preds or Aliens on the shelves, but still a buttload of Jonah Hex, Carrie and 1/4 LONE RANGER AND TONTO!

Even if you just go with the theory that they're making those kinds of lines to appeal to the mass market "impulse buy" crowd, how many people are likely to drop $75 or whatever a 1/4 Lone Ranger costs simply on movie hype. I would asume not enough to be economically viable. Yet you have legions of fans from movies that are 20-30 years old asking for stuff that's almost guaranteed to sell in high numbers, and we get bullcrap excuses about how it's not a smart business move.

Is there some weird licensing where Neca are paid by the company to make the figs and lionsgate make money from the sales?

That would be my guess. They do merchandising for a lot of movies some of the bizarre peg warmers are most likely a part of that. A line failing that was backed by a studio is probably far less of a loss than a line they purchased the licence for themselves.

Given the AvP Preds are a whole new sculpt I imagine the continued delays are down to time. They pretty much know they can repaint a current sculpt call it Kenner and get paid whilst keeping the line ticking over. I get peoples frustration when they take the time to sculpt something like the blade fighter over movie Preds though.

What bothers me is that they said it was going to be like $60 or $80 with a figure. Now it doesn't come with a figure and its $100. That's just crazy. I just don't see $100 there.

I get peoples frustration when they take the time to sculpt something like the blade fighter over movie Preds though.

I didn't even think of that, but now Im even more pissed lol :slap

Who's actually excited about the Blade Fighter on here?

I don't know. That looks like a kid's toy. Looks like something you will see Lego release for a human pilot or something.

I get that is Kenner and I get nostalgia will play a big part on this getting picked up, but since I am Not a Kenner fan, it just looks like a crappy kids toy that you would see a 5 year old play with.

Besides that Blade thing won't even fit with anything else in your collection. it would look stupid with any of the other predators besides Kenner, :dunno

I think it looks cool, I'm still debating on picking it up though, $100 is a little too much for me. Plus, at 2 feet long, I don't know where the hell I would even put it. I'd much rather save my money towards the power loader.

I'm sure though as time goes on, the price for this piece will skyrocket, so if you do want it, I would recommend picking it up when it's first released.

Yeah I always assumed Neca's massive hard on for Kenner stuff was because it was just cheap, easy repaints but the blade fighter flies in the face of that.

As a collector of just movie stuff I'd have preferred a jungle diorama or something, perhaps a final battle "playset" to go with the dutch/pred two pack

I guess I'm one of the Few who's preordered the Blade Fighter:) better get it now than regret it later plus I haven't missed a single wave or collectible from the Predator line. Seriously can't wait for the New sculpts for AvP line and then the BD, Unmasked, Open and Closed Mouth Figures.

Yeah I always assumed Neca's massive hard on for Kenner stuff was because it was just cheap, easy repaints but the blade fighter flies in the face of that.

perhaps they are doing so well with the kenner crap that they decided to gamble on the blade fighter and see if it pays off

I guess I'm one of the Few who's preordered the Blade Fighter:) better get it now than regret it later plus I haven't missed a single wave or collectible from the Predator line. Seriously can't wait for the New sculpts for AvP line and then the BD, Unmasked, Open and Closed Mouth Figures.

good one :lol

honestly though, it is over priced by $50-$60 easy

I guess I'm one of the Few who's preordered the Blade Fighter:) better get it now than regret it later

Its people like you that makes them raise prices. They figure fans will pay the price no matter what and its ridiculous. Ive got money, Im just not stupid with it. F--- that crazy price. I really cant get over the fact that they took a figure out of the deal and raised the price. Seriously.. WTF?!

Back