NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anyone is looking for an loose orig 1987 Masked Predator 1/4 scale i have one for sale $125 shipped...

No more P1 soldiers and no Harrigan = no care anymore

Thanks NECA for what you did make from P1 and P2, I'm now done with Predator until Hot Toys makes Dutch again

No more P1 soldiers and no Harrigan = no care anymore
I said this a long time ago. NECA's Twitter man told me flat out he hates Predator 2. Which is why I went with Hot Toys and made my own Harrigan.
2drc57a.jpg

For those who enjoy silly repaints of P1 to look like he did on the title screen of one of the worst NES games ever made, good for you. To make figures based on a fan film (Big Red) or Kenner remakes is also a silly endeavor over the stars of the actual movies. I was in the checkout at Toys "R" Us buying Dutch back around Christmas and the older guy who worked at the store asked me if they made Mac, Dillon, Blain, etc. Some casual interest guy immediately wanted to know if the other soldiers were out there. But NECA will keep regurgitating the same line about how they know what will sell and what won't. Even if they wanted to do a limited production run and charge a higher price for them as collector's editions, it would satisfy tons of people.

I said this a long time ago. NECA's Twitter man told me flat out he hates Predator 2. Which is why I went with Hot Toys and made my own Harrigan.
2drc57a.jpg

For those who enjoy silly repaints of P1 to look like he did on the title screen of one of the worst NES games ever made, good for you. To make figures based on a fan film (Big Red) or Kenner remakes is also a silly endeavor over the stars of the actual movies. I was in the checkout at Toys "R" Us buying Dutch back around Christmas and the older guy who worked at the store asked me if they made Mac, Dillon, Blain, etc. Some casual interest guy immediately wanted to know if the other soldiers were out there. But NECA will keep regurgitating the same line about how they know what will sell and what won't. Even if they wanted to do a limited production run and charge a higher price for them as collector's editions, it would satisfy tons of people.

NECAs excuse is always that the only way they can have a successful business is by doing repaints and that making figures from soldiers that they cannot repaint later will not bring them money.

so there you go, we have a company run by a guy that won't release toys from movies he hated and that will do as many repaints as possible.

Sounds like a company run by a 12 year old lol :lol:lol

Well that's Hot Toys aswell. Howard Chan has no interest in Star Trek, therefore no Star Trek figures. Apparently he was approached and turned down the license. He didn't want it, so despite the countless fans who'd love to buy a Hot Toys Captain Kirk it won't ever happen.

Well that's Hot Toys aswell. Howard Chan has no interest in Star Trek, therefore no Star Trek figures. Apparently he was approached and turned down the license. He didn't want it, so despite the countless fans who'd love to buy a Hot Toys Captain Kirk it won't ever happen.

I always make fun of Hot Toys as well lol.

Yeah. The Star Trek franchise has no fanbase willing to buy collectibles at all.... :lol

We know they'd sell big. However, if Hot Toys got a Star Trek license, we'd probably only see 686983 Borg releases.

Seriously? Did anyone buy that stupid thing?

I actually cracked down and bought the NES Pred. I dont collect anything below 1/4 scale, but I thought it was cool and unique and Amazon had it for $22.

Yeah, someone asked about 1/4 Preds on Twitter about a month ago, and Randy said there won't be because of the Blade Fighter.

I have 6 1/4 Preds and I would love a Wolf 1/4 fig but I'm not in a hurry to get one. I can wait and see what other goodies they come out with.

I still own the original Kenner Blade Fighter and all the figures from that line. The charm of those figures (besides the fact that they were the only Predators available at the time) is the way they're stylized. NECA copying the color schemes to put on some movie Predator sculpts isn't the same.

Back