Welcome to SideshowCollectors.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 61 of 96 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast

Default Re: Spartacus on Starz

It will be interesting to see how they pull off the art direction the closer they get to Rome. Basically most of the story has taken place around a mid-sized ludus in Capua. By comparison Rome should be ornate and excessive. So I'm expecting a lot of virtual sets and CGI cities, which will be fine as long as they look good.

2. Fanboy Collectibles  160x600 Collectibles Direct UK-300x250
    I think the brief glimpses we got of Rome this season were fairly well done. I don't expect to see anything the caliber of what we saw in Gladiator, but then I don't see the show doing huge, elaborate shots of Rome. To me, that would make the show lose that feel it's had in these 3 seasons.

Keyboard Cowboy
    Feedback
    20 (100%)
    Does anyone else hope that they decide to start ignoring history a little bit?

I thought they were already kinda doing that to add more dramatics to the show.

Keyboard Cowboy
    Feedback
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sprig0701 View Post
    I thought they were already kinda doing that to add more dramatics to the show.
    I mean even more so than they are doing now. Like Spartacus has a s duel with Julius Caesar or something.

Maybe something along the lines of the alternate universe created in Inglorious Bastards.

BALANCE OF OPPOSITES
    Feedback
    8 (100%)
    imo this season was the weakest. too many things seemed forced for the sake of ratings or shock value. most of the gratuitous nudity took place in a whore house with people ____ing all over, and the gore was mostly to one up the past seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Something Sexy View Post
    I mean even more so than they are doing now. Like Spartacus has a s duel with Julius Caesar or something.

Maybe something along the lines of the alternate universe created in Inglorious Bastards.
    I say screw history! I want to see Spartacus gut Ceasar and become the tyrannic ruler of Rome!

Quote Originally Posted by a-dev View Post
    The thing for me is I only started watching this show last month or so. So from my POV Andy Whitfield was Spartacus for about a week, as long as it took me to get through season 1 while Liam McIntyre has been Spartacus for longer than that to me. From about episode 5 of season 2 onwards, I've had to wait the week between episodes along with everyone else. So for me its been Liam McIntyre over a longer duration.
    That's the same for me. I bought season 1 on DVD and watched all the episodes within a week. I started watching season 2 online at episode 3 or 4. Still, I have to say that Liam is doing a good job at portraying Spartacus. I just prefer Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by Something Sexy View Post
    Does anyone else hope that they decide to start ignoring history a little bit?
    It depends on *what* they change. As long as it ends the same as it did in history, I'm happy tho.
    "There is only one god, and his name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: ‘Not today.’ "

Super Freak
    Feedback
    59 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiko82 View Post
    It depends on *what* they change. As long as it ends the same as it did in history, I'm happy tho.
    Oh I don't know. I love these characters. If they rewrote it so the rebellion succeeds and everyone lives happily ever after I think I could accept that!

Sig by EndoSickness

great finale!!! Next season is too far away already....

and seriously what a strange moment with Lucretia

Page 61 of 96 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast