DC Direct Keaton Batman 1989 Product Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, it's an easy pass. The face sculpt is butt ugly. It looks like Jay Leno under the cowl with that gigantic chin. Too bad. I'm guessing it will be a year before we see the HT version for sale.

500x_custom_1266290174421_mk.jpg

Well the pics bout one year old, possibly they changed the sculpt and corrected the problem

they already have released a kit from Horizon with almost the same sculpt and even if the kit is several years older I think the sculpt of the Horizon kit is better than the statue DC is releasing now.

phoca_thumb_l_DSC03039%20(Large).JPG

I bought the bust today from my local comic store, it's pretty nice. The presentation of the box is great and the bust itself is good.

Unfortunately when I opened it the batarang was broken in it's hand. Not quite sure how that happened. It was out on display and I watched the owner put it inside the foam and it didn't look broken. Thankfully he was nice enough to order another one so I can replace it.

If you can get it for a relatively cheap price (the prices are pretty low on ebay), I recommend it if you're a Batman or Keaton Batman fan. It's really not much and the quality isn't that great, but it is modern '89 Batman product, something that's been non-existent for awhile now. If you can get it for around $40, I'd say go for it. Just beware of the batarang, ears and gauntlet blades.

I saw the statue in person. While the body is better, much better than the initial pics above it still has those wonky eyes. I didn't buy it because it's too expensive for sub-par product.

I actually thought it looked much more impressive in person than in photos, still not a great likeness though, which is a shame. The Keaton/Batman movies are my faves, so had this been up to par, it would have been an easy purchase for me.

Back