The Amazing Spider-Man - OPEN SPOILERS NOW

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spider-Man: The Reboot!

I am surprised this happened so quickly however, I cannot say I am disappointed. Let's see what happens.

i hope this isn't made like some high school musical or hannah montana disney CRAP! i (personally) enjoy the ultimate spiderman series, and i hope this reboot has a more realistic high school feel to it, mixed with the super hero feel at the same time. does that make sense?

I don't hold high hopes for this. The reason the first two worked so well was because Raimi was a big comics nerd who grew up with the character and had a genuine knowledge and affection for the material. The moment the studios and producers started sticking their noses into it, we got Spider-Man 3. I expect this new reboot to be as mediocre as most of the other Marvel flicks.

Sitting here and thinking about it, there must be a ton of good directors out there that are Spider-man fans, and would love the job of directing a new vision.

I think this is a good move. Raimi had his shot, and did a pretty good job until the 3rd one. I think 3 is enough, though, and am ready to see something a little fresher.

Whoh boy.... let's see what happens....

I do get tired of origin stories in superhero films though, so I'm hoping they jump right into the action. :rolleyes:
Seconded. We know Spidey's origin, so I think 10-15 minutes max would be more than enough. Better yet, do it like Hulk and go over the origin during the opening credits.

I dont like this, SPiderman 1 was peter in high school basicly and them rebooting the franchise for more money is stupid, Mabey i just grew up with TObey as my spiderman but there gonna make it seem like the original 3 never existed

Eh, I'm not into the reboot. Origin stories are okay for new movie franchises but I don't really want to see Parker bitten by a spider again.

This can only be good news. Yes, it may suck, but it cant get any worse than where it was. It has nowhere to go but up. I only liked 2, and even it was full of flaws. I am gonna stay stoked about this until I have a reason not to...

This is absolutely ridiculous IMO. The cast was great. There was nothing wrong with them. Sure, SM-3 didn't live up to the expectations of most, but you couldn't tell that by the box office numbers. (And that's a large part of what the "corporate executives" care about.) To say that this is a good move would be a mistake. A reboot is NOT what this franchise needs. A Spider-Man 4 is what it needs.

What is with Hollywood and rebooting everything?

Seconded. We know Spidey's origin, so I think 10-15 minutes max would be more than enough. Better yet, do it like Hulk and go over the origin during the opening credits.

^^^^^^^^^^THIS!

Spidey's origin is like Batman's at this point. Everyone knows it. Radioactive spider, bla bla bla, no need to waste time retelling OR reimagining. You can work it in without wasting 30-45 minutes of storytelling. I would love to see Spidey reintroduced to a worl where other superheroes exist and Eric Foreman does not.

Given this is not the first Marvel franchise in need of a reboot *cough* X-MEN *cough* but it's a good pick.

Whoa, that sucks....I think. I hope they don't go the Disney way. I want gore, please?

Given this is not the first Marvel franchise in need of a reboot *cough* X-MEN *cough* but it's a good pick.
Well, I might make the argument for Fantastic Four, but :D

Yeah, X-Men also needs it more than Spidey, but seems like the spin-offs are all that are planned in the foreseeable future. By the time Wolverine: Origins 4 comes out (or whatever they will call it), hopefully they will be ready to re-cast Wolverine in an X-Men movie and do something a little better than what the existing franchise has become.

I did love me some X-Men 2, though. That was a fine film.

Call me a fanboy, etc. etc., but Tobey will always be Peter Parker and Kirsten will always be Mary Jane Watson, in my eyes.

i have mixed feelings about this since i think the movies did a great job of portraying peter parker, and i hated the fact that they killed of all the villains and mary jane was just whiney and always getting herself kidnapped and halfway through the 2nd one it seem like she wasnt even trying to act. so hopefully they could find someone who can do Mary Jane justice

Wow, so this means they could put Spider-man in the Avengers then?

i dont think he will be able to be in the Avengers movie, maybe a Civil War type movie with all those characters on the big screen in 2013?

Reboots mean New fans and new money i guess. I can see if they reboot a franchise that didnt make money or wasnt successful but even SPiderman 3, with its flaws still holds one of the bigget box office records of all time, same with all of the spiderman movies. I love tobey as Spider man and Kirsten as MJ, i even saw tobey a few weeks ago on Conan an he said they were wokrin on it. I dont like this at all to be honest. ITs not fair to brush 3 succesful filsm under the rug along iwth its cast. Ill stck by this forever when i say SPiderman 1 was a Epic film and a breakthrough. No rebbot will top it. i can guarentee you that

Casting Tobey McGuire was an inspired move, but surely there are others out there who can provide a good, alternative take on the character.

Back