Post Your 1:1 Helmets and/or Props

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice pictures, buddy. Really a cool piece.

Thanks Chris!

I want a MR Shadow Trooper lid :( Do you know anyone/anywhere selling? I just don't see them for sale.

It was one FS on Rebelscum not long ago. Since SSF started the premium member only selling, they lost quite a few sellers already. The same happened with RPF. And Rebelscum got more sellers from both forums.

Awesome pics.

there is such a huge hole in the weapons, etc. prop market that hopefully Disney will fill. Hopefully with the new movies coming out there is still hope for some OT stuff. I won't hold my breath though.

Thank you Al.

Not sure if licensed companies like eFX will go back in making metal blasters, they already said some time ago that they most likely won't. Even with resin they might have some issues, but with the new harsher international gun laws, there is harder and harder to make blasters that look like real guns.

Yeah, it's a bit nuts, and it DOES sound pretentious, but it's not. There are WAY too many shady dudes out there doing exactly what Jack said... casting the EFX or other known direct lineage casts and pawning them off as something they're not. Trying to get large $$$ adding fake details. The more you arm these guys with info, the more people they dupe.

It is based on trust actually, Thomas is a really cool guy with an amazing knowledge of Vader... and is not pretentious at all. As for fear...not really, it is mostly for the protection of someone getting scammed and the integrity of the piece. Even now on ebay you can see sellers who have already recast the eFX Vader adding surface details and are trying to pass it off as a direct lineage helmet.

For me, because I am a Vader collector primarily, that was my motivation. I own an eFX Legend and it is awesome, but for production reasons they couldn't leave all the detail on it and that lessens the piece for me. I wanted something more...and the SL was it. I know that Gino's personal eFX master has all the surface detail of the SL, but he can't/won't post pics of it for the same reason.

So for the people getting the SL: are you getting a finished one (painted, weathered etc.) or a rough unpainted one, to see all the warts and dings?

eFX Darth Vader Legend #130 joined my collection. A very cool rough helmet, and even better was the fact that I was able to compare both the Legend and the Limited Edition closely.

Wish I could take detailed comparison photos of the two, but the weather is rainy and I also decided to put the LE in its original box. This is because I don't have a place to display it, and there is a pending local buyer for it, which makes me very happy that it most likely won't leave my country.

Not too impressed about the Tsuneo Sanda print the helmet came with. But really impressed by the best offer price I was able to get the helmet with. In the end I simply couldn't pass on such a great deal, which would have been perfect even for an US customer, not to mention an international buyer where shipping, taxes, VAT etc. would make so hard to get it.

eFXDarthVaderLegendEditionhelmet31.jpg

eFXDarthVaderLegendEditionhelmet33.jpg

eFXDarthVaderLegendEditionhelmet34.jpg

eFXDarthVaderLegendEditionhelmet38.jpg

eFXDarthVaderLegendEditionhelmet41.jpg

eFXDarthVaderLegendEditionhelmet44.jpg

eFXDarthVaderLegendEditionhelmet01.jpg

eFXDarthVaderLegendEditionhelmet04.jpg

eFXDarthVaderLegendampLEhelmet01.jpg

And a youtube video of the Legend Vader:

Looks great, sergiu! :) Really happy for you, after reading all the pages in the vader thread about how the international shipping fiasco had happened back at release, and your anticipation for the piece was essentially squashed by efx. Congrats! :duff

My acrylic cover has finally arrived from Acrylic Designs, and it looks great. If I wanted something to clean it with I'd be good with Novus, yes? It's got a little dust on the inside I'd like to deal with(though truthfully it's only even visible under direct bright lighting. Still bothers me knowing it's there :lol ).

Looks great, sergiu! :) Really happy for you, after reading all the pages in the vader thread about how the international shipping fiasco had happened back at release, and your anticipation for the piece was essentially squashed by efx. Congrats! :duff

My acrylic cover has finally arrived from Acrylic Designs, and it looks great. If I wanted something to clean it with I'd be good with Novus, yes? It's got a little dust on the inside I'd like to deal with(though truthfully it's only even visible under direct bright lighting. Still bothers me knowing it's there :lol ).

Thank you. International shipping for bigger items is most of the times simply insane, especially US to EU (and especially to Eastern Europe). But inside EU shipping is great, and this was the proof - plus no customs, no VAT, nothing. :)

Congrats! I think the Legend Vader Helmet is the best Vader collectible to date.

Thanks

BTW the Legend Vader Helmet is the best licensed Vader collectible to date. ;)

Congrats Sergiu!!! Awesome Legend. It is such a great piece. What are your thoughts on it compared to the Limited Ed?

Congrats Sergiu!!! Awesome Legend. It is such a great piece. What are your thoughts on it compared to the Limited Ed?

Congrats on such an iconic piece. :clap

Thank you very much. :duff I am glad now I passed on the direct eFX Legend sale because it would have cost me so much more with taxes and shipping. Wish I could keep them both the Legend and the Limited Edition (LE), but at least it will go to another cool Romanian collector. Now after I'll be selling the Vader LE helmet (talked to the buyer by phone and has half the money ready - thus soon... :)), there are also a few things I would like to get in the future like a MGC C1, a SL, MR AT-AT LE (to join my SE), maybe an Attakus Vader 1...

Thank you very much. :duff I am glad now I passed on the direct eFX Legend sale because it would have cost me so much more with taxes and shipping. Wish I could keep them both the Legend and the Limited Edition (LE), but at least it will go to another cool Romanian collector. Now after I'll be selling the Vader LE helmet (talked to the buyer by phone and has half the money ready - thus soon... :)), there are also a few things I would like to get in the future like a MGC C1, a SL, MR AT-AT LE (to join my SE), maybe an Attakus Vader 1...

The SL is amazing if you ever get one bro ;) I will post some pics of mine once it gets finished, I would love to get a MR AT AT one day too.

Does anyone know where there's good pics of the "boogers" and things the Legend has that were removed for the idealized Limited? I've tried looking through lots of threads and the only noticeable things to me are the brushed aluminum paint job, and the scuffs and c-scar on the right cheek. I'm pretty sure there's more to it than that, which things am I looking for? Thanks.

Does anyone know where there's good pics of the "boogers" and things the Legend has that were removed for the idealized Limited? I've tried looking through lots of threads and the only noticeable things to me are the brushed aluminum paint job, and the scuffs and c-scar on the right cheek. I'm pretty sure there's more to it than that, which things am I looking for? Thanks.

+1, its so incredibly aggravating trying to get a sense of what is going on. My favorite are the side by side shots, that to the untrained eye (me) looks exactly the same. In fact, the entire prop replica genre has a high level of difficulty for beginning collectors.

For example, here

https://www.starwarshelmets.com/EFX_Legend Vader.htm

great write-up with amazing pictures. Sometimes I can't tell if the paint differences are paint or glare.

When this was first released there was a pic doing the rounds of a collector that had stripped his right back and you could see where things had been filled and smoothed over etc. That's why I just went with the limited, the "legend" tag is pretty much pointless IMO. It's the same helmet apart from the paint and a couple of the more prominent boogers left on it from what I've read.

When this was first released there was a pic doing the rounds of a collector that had stripped his right back and you could see where things had been filled and smoothed over etc. That's why I just went with the limited, the "legend" tag is pretty much pointless IMO. It's the same helmet apart from the paint and a couple of the more prominent boogers left on it from what I've read.

I believe that is on the rpf thread on this helmet.

Back