Post Your 1:1 Helmets and/or Props

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The SL is amazing if you ever get one bro ;) I will post some pics of mine once it gets finished, I would love to get a MR AT AT one day too.

SL will be mine one day as well as a MR AT-AT LE. :) But even before that a MGC C1 is my most wanted.

Does anyone know where there's good pics of the "boogers" and things the Legend has that were removed for the idealized Limited? I've tried looking through lots of threads and the only noticeable things to me are the brushed aluminum paint job, and the scuffs and c-scar on the right cheek. I'm pretty sure there's more to it than that, which things am I looking for? Thanks.

When this was first released there was a pic doing the rounds of a collector that had stripped his right back and you could see where things had been filled and smoothed over etc. That's why I just went with the limited, the "legend" tag is pretty much pointless IMO. It's the same helmet apart from the paint and a couple of the more prominent boogers left on it from what I've read.

The Legend is not perfect. Neither is the Limited. They both have been cleaned up. Legend still keeps some "ugly" warts which I really like, that are not present on the LE.

Some comparison shots from various boards and sites:

eFX Limited Edition Darth Vader Helmet - cleaned up a bit and spray painted faceplate:

IMG_2831.jpg

IMG_2839-1.jpg

IMG_2834.jpg

IMG_2836-3.jpg

spray1.JPG

spray2.JPG

spray3.JPG

cjh.jpg

SDC_1480_resize.JPG

DSC_0503.jpg

eFX Legend Edition Darth Vader Helmet - with most the warts and irregularities seen on the screen used, and hand brush paint face plate:

IMG_2815.jpg

IMG_2819-1.jpg

IMG_2860-2.jpg

IMG_2853-1.jpg

IMG_2822.jpg

IMG_2818.jpg

brush1.JPG

brush2.JPG

brush3.JPG

brush4.JPG

The molds on both helmets were the same (so the overall shape of the helmet is identical), but on the LE they cleaned up a bit the irregularities present on the LG faceplate and hand paint brush strokes are visible, where on the LE it was painted uniformly.

https://starwarshelmets.com/EFX_Legend Vader.htm

Legend irregularities and brush paint:

SWH_EFX_LEGVAD10.JPG

DSC_0514.jpg

SDC_1483_resize.JPG

Two new additions to my collection.

1:1 AT-AT Driver and Tie Pilot.

I want to say MASSIVE thanks to Jkno for his input/advice. He was very kind taking the time to look over these for me while I was in negotiations with the seller and gave me his much appreciated opinions. Thanks mate :)

I would love to be able to get my hands on a couple of the SDS bust displays like Jkno uses but at around $600 for me here in Australia I had to go a different route.

Hope you guys like them :)

Couple of photos......

IMG_7274_zps2e154ad6.jpg

IMG_7263_zps5699084e.jpg

IMG_7259_zpsd3f3078c.jpg

IMG_7276_zpsd06c685f.jpg

IMG_7293_zps5a0b2a4e.jpg

IMG_7267_zps8c82b1dc.jpg

Congrats Gartogg! :rock As we already discussed the armors look great and the way you displayed them is fantastic!

If you want to improve them in time you could look at trooperbay for his AT-AT Helmet Decals | TROOPERBAY (you could ask him for the tube decals and the small red ones only - your Imperial logos are perfect).

I have a set of resin BOC holders that I can offer to you for free, if interested (decently accurate - made from original BOC's, but with full interior - still better than yours) or you can talk to Madrid Boba on RPF.

You can also make yourself the final section of the clock greeblies on the forehead (between the mohawk fork), the cool thing is you already have the hardest to make part (the round clock parts) you just need two small blades to attach from the cogwheel parts.

With the TIE you need to repaint the buttons if want to as we discussed. But both armors and helmets are great!! CONGRATS AGAIN!!!

Here are the BOC holders I'm offering you for free if interested, they have a hole on top and you just insert them in the hoses next to the eyes:

boc holders 01.jpg

jkno, on the Vader pieces, it looks like the Legend has a two tone paint job whereas the Limited does not. Is that correct?

Thanks, that is more than I thought. I figured the SIG was in that range, NO SIG more like 1500 or so. Thanks

jkno, on the Vader pieces, it looks like the Legend has a two tone paint job whereas the Limited does not. Is that correct?

No that is incorrect. Both have two tone paint jobs, difference being the Legend is hand painted/brushed on effect.

Anyone know current going rate on the no sig edition At At? Ebay has no closed sales.

I got an SE recently. I'd say 2000-2500 is normal for the SE.

It IS fantastic though... the detail and size is amazing. I think the signature and the snow speeder crashed in the base with snow really makes it stand out. I'm of the minority maybe but I prefer the paint on the SE. I kind of like the leg up on the LE, but not enough to outweigh the rest of the SE extras.

Thanks for all the pics, sergiu! :hi5:

But unfortunately I still can't see where the irregularities of the mold itself are. I do see the brushwork of course, and the "scuffs," which I think(?) are painted. It doesn't really matter, I'm just curious as to what I'm missing out on as an owner of just the Limited. If people say they're there, I'm sure they are, and I'm happy for those who see the difference. :)
My eyes just aren't good enough to find them it seems.. :lol

Anyway, I've got my Limited covered by acrylic from Vicki at Acrylic Designs, and though I'm struggling to get a good pic of it, it looks great. Anyone looking for a case for one of these would do well to do business with them.

But unfortunately I still can't see where the irregularities of the mold itself are. I do see the brushwork of course, and the "scuffs," which I think(?) are painted. It doesn't really matter, I'm just curious as to what I'm missing out on as an owner of just the Limited. If people say they're there, I'm sure they are, and I'm happy for those who see the difference. :)

Anyway, I've got my Limited covered by acrylic from Vicki at Acrylic Designs, and though I'm struggling to get a good pic of it, it looks great. Anyone looking for a case for one of these would do well to do business with them.

Honestly the only real telltale differences in the cast of the helmets is the "divot" mark on (Vader's) right side of the nose area, as seen in the pic posted and there is another "divot" again on the right side on the nose bridge next to the eye lens. There may be some subtle difference in the cleanup of the nose teeth area. There are a few areas under the dome I think too, but not enough to make a difference. Bottom line, the Legend Edition is "HEAVILY" cleaned up when compared to something like an SL cast. The biggest difference in the limited vs. legend is the paint application, brushed vs sprayed.

Many original buyers(myself included) though the Legend was going to have the same details or at least close to an SL or TM cast. They are not even close. Which is why I proceeded to get an SL, I still have my Legend and will keep it, it is an awesome piece and it still has the lineage to the RB mold, but it isn't all that different from the limited.

What did the acrylic cost you if you don't mind me asking, minus shipping (I live in Phoenix).

Also, I would love to see a pic of the case if you have it. Hard to tell sometimes what the different options actually mean with respect to display, rolled edges, rounded edges, thickness of acrylic, etc.

Thanks for the comments crew,

Glad you like them. Gotta say the AT-AT Drive is now taking the number one position as favorite piece...

Looks awesome having this guy stare back at you :)

I paid $166 even, plus shipping (which was NOT cheap.) Dimension-wise, its listed as 16"x17"x18 1/2". 1/4" thick museum grade cast acrylic- what this apparently means is that it's higher quality than "extruded" acrylic. Someone else can probably make sense of that :lol It is *not* UV shielded (some can be 99%, etc), I think they would do it in that type of acrylic but the cost is about 50% more. Vicki said as long as you don't leave it outside, shouldn't be an issue.

And rolled front/back too corners on this, with rounded edges all around. Pics incoming!

Back