Post Your 1:1 Helmets and/or Props

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, and while it IS a few hoops to go through, it does somewhat protect the investment. Besides, getting a real screen used lid from someone who knows what they have would easily cost many many many many times over what the SL cast costs.

That does make some sense, thanks.

It's a shame that those who don't own one of these or know someone who does won't be able to see what makes them so accurate, because by all accounts (admittedly limited to the maker and those few who own the thing, of course) they're spectacular. But I guess that's part of what you're buying. For me, my efx Limited will have to do for now, significant accuracy issues and all. I love it, and for any of us that's really what matters I suppose :)

In the meantime I look forward to those pics, scottjua :duff

It's a shame that those who don't own one of these or know someone who does won't be able to see what makes them so accurate, because by all accounts (admittedly limited to the maker and those few who own the thing, of course) they're spectacular. But I guess that's part of what you're buying. For me, my efx Limited will have to do for now, significant accuracy issues and all. I love it, and for any of us that's really what matters I suppose :)

Here you go bro... check this thread out. It is an entertaining read:

https://forum.rebelscum.com/t1107751/

Oh rest assured your EFX limited is cast from the real deal. Maybe a generation down, considering mass production, but the lineage is there. Gino and crew may have removed almost all of the detail for the mass market, but you still have the best commercially available option. And it didn't cost you an arm and a leg probably.

I think EFX would have been good to leave most of the details, but I get it why they didn't. Same with the Scout... people hate the weathered version generally, and seem to want an idealized clean lid. It sucks for accuracy snobs, but it is what it is.

Only half an arm, and only thanks to secondary markup from just picking one up a couple weeks ago :) It's accurate enough for me, yeah, and candidly part of me prefers the "cleaner" look to one that matches the prop more accurately with all its imperfections. That may be my wallet rationalizing, though, as the Legend prices have inflated much more than Limiteds seem to have, and the "wonky" stormtrooper lids have been steadily growing on me... :lol

Thanks for the link, I'd read plenty about each individually but never a direct comparison like this. What this really does is makes me ok with having "settled" for a Limited over a Legend, as neither seems to be perfect. As for the Scout, I've preordered a clean Limited of that too, so I guess I'm part of the problem.. Heh, sorry! :wave

I know some people collect only the most idealized props out there, and that others go for Legend items just for the rarity, and not really for the roughness and wonkiness.

But if someone loves for real the wonky and rough props, this should be one of those ugly beauties out there that shouldn't miss from any serious collector.

RS Prop Masters - Pugman - Empire Strikes Back Stunt E-11 Stormtrooper blaster

https://www.rspropmasters.com/e-11-blasters/

"Building on the lineage of our suit we are very pleased and excited to offer an exact replica of an original Star Wars Episode V The Empire Strikes Back background blaster. The blaster was obtained from a private collector, John, AKA Pugman from the Replica Prop Forum. He has supplied the master that came from his original blaster and a mould. This piece is a must form anyone wanting to complete a Stormtrooper as closely as possible to a complete screen used suit.

This piece is a replica that has not subject to a ‘cleaned up’ or any ‘correction’. In this case the blaster has numerous score marks and ‘rough edges’ that were on the original piece as it came to the owner in fantastic condition for an original prop. This piece is not a polished finished piece, it is a background blaster replica. Limited to 10"

RS Prop Masters - Pugman - ESB Stunt E-11 Stormtrooper blaster:

RSPugmanESBStuntStormtrooperblastertile.jpg

RSPugmancomparison1.jpg

RSPugmanESBStromtrooperblasterLeia.jpg

It may be ugly, but it is so beautiful. ;) That is why I like it so much, it really shows how the real SW props were made.

I'd like a good E-11, but not a resin one. I've often thought about building my own, but keep figuring someone will come out with an official one like MR did.

I'd like a good E-11, but not a resin one. I've often thought about building my own, but keep figuring someone will come out with an official one like MR did.

There is the original licensed MR metal version. Not sure if eFX or Anovos will ever make a metal one anymore, but you can expect resin. Then you can get a few fan made ones like Doopys, Hyperfirm, DVH. Or get a Sterling conversion.

Do RS still make the E11. Their website is poor and they aren't very good at replying to email either.

They don't make this anymore from what I know. Only 10 were made by RS with the approval of the original owner of the screen used blaster. But keep writing them an email

Yeah... that looks incredibly cool. I wish I hadn't seen it now honestly.

It's a very cool unusual piece. I love it for its roughness.

Very nice.

The eFX Shadow helmet seems to go for crazy prices today. Even more than the much better MR LE version, which is kind of insane.

Very nice.

The eFX Shadow helmet seems to go for crazy prices today. Even more than the much better MR LE version, which is kind of insane.

I want a MR Shadow Trooper lid :( Do you know anyone/anywhere selling? I just don't see them for sale.

Awesome pics.

there is such a huge hole in the weapons, etc. prop market that hopefully Disney will fill. Hopefully with the new movies coming out there is still hope for some OT stuff. I won't hold my breath though.

Back