Lord Vader, Rise!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was looking for an update on your amazing figure...

Sorry no new updates, got side tracked again. Here's a preview:
DSC01420.jpg

Out of frustration trying to get the ESB Vader reveal finished, I got side tracked with this. Picked up this 3 3/4" Damaged Darth Vader figure a few months ago, thought it was pretty cool and it inspired me to do a 1/6 scale version. Figured I had all the parts lying around and an extra cathode saber that a fellow member never traded for so I thought I would give it a shot. Does any one know the full story behind this figure? Who could have done this to him?
DSC01418.jpg

DSC01414.jpg
DSC01416-1.jpg

DSC01411.jpg
DSC01409.jpg

Well, I'm pretty sure he's from Star Wars, The Force Unleashed.

If you haven't played the game/read the book adapted from the game, I won't spoil it for you, but it's from when Starkiller (Vader's secret apprentice) fights Vader, Vader gets beat up pretty bad.

It looks absolutely awesome! So are you gonna tell us how you did it? A recipe, if you will?

A great looking custom for sure, but I don't get the concept of Vader without the mask on, for me no mask means death for Vader.
I think that was a great missed opportunity in ROTJ to show Vader gasping for air without the mask before he dies

A great looking custom for sure, but I don't get the concept of Vader without the mask on, for me no mask means death for Vader.
I think that was a great missed opportunity in ROTJ to show Vader gasping for air without the mask before he dies

Yea, but he was worse off than normal after being fried by the emperor, and in ep 3 he was fine as they were putting the mask on him. I would think that for breathing the little tubes on each side of his mouth and what ever the chest piece on his suit is doing to help him breath are more important, but it seems the most important part is the dark side of the force keeping him alive, because as soon as he broke that tie he started to die.

Amazing figure Katkuru. Just amazing... The expanded universe has great figures and hopefully we see more of them.

Well, I'm pretty sure he's from Star Wars, The Force Unleashed.

If you haven't played the game/read the book adapted from the game, I won't spoil it for you, but it's from when Starkiller (Vader's secret apprentice) fights Vader, Vader gets beat up pretty bad.

It looks absolutely awesome! So are you gonna tell us how you did it? A recipe, if you will?

Dude, Spoil it for me! So his apprentice did this to him? What happened to the apprentice? And which book is this story line from?

Recipe was pretty easy, the chest armor, mask, gloves and chest box were butchered up with a dremel and wire cutters. The head is from the Hasbro Vader with added neck to fit the sideshow buck body. The body was done a few years ago, its an extended buck with epoxy putty smeared all over and textured using ceran wrap. The clothes were the most fun, just took a lighter to them to give it that ripped burnt look.

Dude, Spoil it for me! So his apprentice did this to him? What happened to the apprentice? And which book is this story line from?

Recipe was pretty easy, the chest armor, mask, gloves and chest box were butchered up with a dremel and wire cutters. The head is from the Hasbro Vader with added neck to fit the sideshow buck body. The body was done a few years ago, its an extended buck with epoxy putty smeared all over and textured using ceran wrap. The clothes were the most fun, just took a lighter to them to give it that ripped burnt look.

The storyline is from the game itself, then adapted into a novel...

anyway...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
The storyline is from the game itself, then adapted into a novel...

anyway...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Thanks for the info, I really enjoyed the video's. Crap now I gotta make an apprentice!

Thanks for the info, I really enjoyed the video's. Crap now I gotta make an apprentice!

your welcome! :D

I wouldn't be doing my part as a star wars nerd unless I could tell everyone almost anything about the SW universe! :lol (I don't accept Clone Wars as canon, I mean the show used Tom Kenny, AKA SPONGEBOB as a guest voice actor who played some stupid, annoying sounding coruscant security officer. He had security droids too! Completely defeats the purpose of the shocktroopers and the 41st elite! I keep thinking "well, maybe the CW isn't that bad, maybe it's gotten better" and then I watch an episode and I end up screaming inaccuracies at the nearest human being... :dunno anyway, rant over)

I was trying to work on an apprentice at one point, but things didn't work out and I just can't find good ways to make certain parts of him... it sucks because I spent about $50 getting him started...

your welcome! :D

I wouldn't be doing my part as a star wars nerd unless I could tell everyone almost anything about the SW universe! :lol (I don't accept Clone Wars as canon, I mean the show used Tom Kenny, AKA SPONGEBOB as a guest voice actor who played some stupid, annoying sounding coruscant security officer. He had security droids too! Completely defeats the purpose of the shocktroopers and the 41st elite! I keep thinking "well, maybe the CW isn't that bad, maybe it's gotten better" and then I watch an episode and I end up screaming inaccuracies at the nearest human being... :dunno anyway, rant over)

I was trying to work on an apprentice at one point, but things didn't work out and I just can't find good ways to make certain parts of him... it sucks because I spent about $50 getting him started...

I know how that goes, buying materials to do a project then it stalls for misc reasons. Welcome to the hobby! Well if you ever get around to finishing him, let me know I could hook you up with a cathode saber if you like. I'm thinking on going with the masked version.

Back