Mystery Science Theater 3000

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Giant Spider Invasion FTW!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/g9mEUOpoWdg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/g9mEUOpoWdg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I am a MSTie from almost the very beginning. I used to tape the shows off Comedy Central (or I think it was actually The Comedy Channel back then) starting around 1990, and I have almost every episode on VHS. Which sucks because the VHS tapes have started to deteriorate from sheer age. So now I collect every episode or collection released on DVD. Looking forward to the next set that comes out soon.

Here's hoping there are no copyright issues with any of the movies and they all get released to DVD.

Oh and IMHO Mike = Joel. Both were funny, Mike maybe a smidge funnier in his delivery, but Joel was the pioneer. :angelsmil

BUMP. All I can seem to watch lately is MST3K Space Mutiny, Pumaman, Jack Frost, and Merlin's Shop of Mystical Wonders. HELP ME! ADDICTED!

Got every episode on my hard-drive ..takes up a huge chunk of memory because each episode is pretty much a feature length film.

I finally managed to buy a complete collection of every single DVD release off a guy on eBay and only recently finished watching them all. I also found some recordings of the original KTMA episodes and have burned them onto DVDs as well. I think volume XVIII of the DVD collections was either recently released, or will be soon. Looking forward to it.

I finally managed to buy a complete collection of every single DVD release off a guy on eBay and only recently finished watching them all. I also found some recordings of the original KTMA episodes and have burned them onto DVDs as well. I think volume XVIII of the DVD collections was either recently released, or will be soon. Looking forward to it.

Wow, seriously? Mind me asking how much it was? Just curious, because most volumes by Rhino are Out of Print, and some go for $100+ nowdays

Watch the Devil Doll episode. It's hilarious.
I loved that episode! I had it on VHS recorded off of TV but I don't know what happened to it. I wish I had it on DVD.

The Rhino sets are out of print? I picked up the Space Mutiny volume on eBay for $30 about a year ago. They were available on MST3K's official site too but it was cheaper on eBay. Someday I'm'onna collect all the DVD sets. *sigh* When I win the lottery. Maybe if I sold my Crow and Servo life-size replica puppets I could afford them!

CrowandServotalking.jpg

Bump for a great show that should be discussed! I've seen a couple Rifftrax movies at the theater recently, and discovered some of the great Cinematic Titanic stuff on Amazon Prime. C'mon Sideshow, do some 1:1 scale prop puppets for us.

I miss this show - I used to get up early Saturday morning to watch it. I've been seeing the movie pop up on one of the premium channels again lately - this island earth and even though its not one of my favorites I always have to watch it.

Anybody ever hear of Mad Movies? It's what actually got me into MST3k in the first place. Mad Movies with the LA Connection used to air in the mid-late 80s on Nick at Nite and this comedy troupe would take an old movie and re-edit it and perform new dialogue live to an audience, so the old movie would have a completely new comedic storyline. I was asking my roommate/friend about it in college in the early 90s, and he said, "you mean MST3K?" and introduced me to that show.

Anyway, the two shows are similar in that they take old movies and make fun of them. But I like how Mad Movies manages to create a whole other story out of the old movie, and how they are able to dub scenes with great jokes that often involve funny dialogue that matches perfectly with what's happening on screen. Some of the jokes are a little childish and hokey, but my 14 year old self used to LOVE it.

Here is their version of Night of the Living Dead:

Their Little Princess with Shirley Temple is also pretty good:

Mystery Science Theater has returned on Netflix. Anyone else seen it? I'm pleasantly surprised at how good and funny it is, and way more episodes than I was expecting. Jonah and the new bots do a terrific job.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Mystery Science Theater has returned on Netflix. Anyone else seen it? I'm pleasantly surprised at how good and funny it is, and way more episodes than I was expecting. Jonah and the new bots do a terrific job.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I'm almost through the season - 1 more episode to go. It took me a while to warm up to Jonah, the new robot voices and hosts since I felt like Mike, Kevin, Pearl and Bill were absolutely perfect and I would have preferred them to return. I'm not sure why Joel wanted to switch things up, if there is some beef with Joel and the others or maybe they didn't want to do it again but once I adjusted to the new cast it was just good ol MST3K to me. The new cast does a good job and some of the shows are perfect, I wish the voices were a little more unique because most of the time all three sound alike. That is my only complaint and its really just a minor thing for me.

I would highly recommend watching the new season and I'm so glad its back. Hopefully season 2 happens and I want Neca to make Crow & Servo toys - c'mon Neca!

Yeah, Crow and Tom don't sound as distinctive as they did in the past, and don't seem to have as distinctive a personality, either. But that's a minor quibble. As to Mike, Kevin, and Bill, they've been going pretty strong with Rifftrax, and Cinematic Titanic (with Joel, Trace Beaulieu, Frank, Pearl and others) was their rival for awhile. Could be that led to some conflict, or it could be that Mike and the crew didn't want to change from what they were doing. Could also be that Joel wants to start fresh and attract a new audience using folks who could be doing this for another 20 years.

I also hope we get more! From the Kickstarter support, I suspect the audience is there.

Yeah, Crow and Tom don't sound as distinctive as they did in the past, and don't seem to have as distinctive a personality, either. But that's a minor quibble. As to Mike, Kevin, and Bill, they've been going pretty strong with Rifftrax, and Cinematic Titanic (with Joel, Trace Beaulieu, Frank, Pearl and others) was their rival for awhile. Could be that led to some conflict, or it could be that Mike and the crew didn't want to change from what they were doing. Could also be that Joel wants to start fresh and attract a new audience using folks who could be doing this for another 20 years.

I also hope we get more! From the Kickstarter support, I suspect the audience is there.

Interesting, I could see why the old gang didn't want to commit to going back to the grind of MSt3K when it seems like what they are doing is just fine. Still, I don't know that the group that was there until the end could be ever be topped imo. The new crew is growing on me, it just took some time. I also like how the new cast throws in little nods to past seasons with some 1 liners that some may not pick up on unless you really followed the past seasons closely.

Back