Trevor Grove's Firefly Sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Trevor's Firefly Sculpts

On a related note, what tool should I use to create more belt loops?

Do you mean more holes? I would just use a thin nail and a hammer. Throw the belt on a piece of wood, hammer the nail all the way through and voila!

Beeshaws way would work but if you want it a bit cleaner I would suggest going to a shoe store and asking if they have a leather hole punch. I work at the shoe company ( for one more week then SDCC!!) and we have one.

I actually have one too (in a drawer somewhere) but I wasn't sure how small the punch got.

Oh BTW, I have an extra pair of suspenders for a Mal custom if someone is in need, just PM me and they're yours!

Lot of great figures in here, but this is still my favorite!

100_6953.jpg

Totally the definitive Mal! :bow

I will never tire of seeing pictures of it!

:yess:Hey fellow Browncoats, I just got my Zoe head back from Josh and as always, he did a perfect job of painting Trev's sculpt. Looks better in hand than in the photos. I'll be posting pixs here this weekend and on Josh's site as well. These figures are surpassing my wildest dreams. :rotfl:rotfl

Old Grandpa

Last edited:

So Trev, who should we expect to coming down the line next?

Hey Jiminydog, it'll be Wash next, though he's at a very early stage right now. :) I probably won't have him ready until the end of summer. We'll see! Right now Kaylee castings are taking all of my free time up.

Old Grandpa- Can't wait to see your crew together!!
Trev

so I got Mal rig from Stevo but I seem to have lost the pants I was gonna use. I was digging around my 1/6th clothes box and I found a pair of german pants that looks very similar to Mals from Serenity.

this got me thinking that maybe I should just take my favorite parts from the show and movie and make a figure thats in between the 2. this is a WIP right now, still waiting on my TT narrow to come.

also made another duster. like this one a lot better then my old one.

here it is...

IMG_0141-1.jpg

IMG_0142-1.jpg

IMG_0144-1.jpg

IMG_0145.jpg

comments and criticisms welcome.

Hey cadaver, I'm seeing you improve by leaps and bounds every time you make a new duster! Great work man! This thread is for customs and I'm excited you're doing something different with yours!

Hey cadaver, I'm seeing you improve by leaps and bounds every time you make a new duster! Great work man! This thread is for customs and I'm excited you're doing something different with yours!

Thanks man! Making your duster was a big set for me. Your input definitely pushed me to another level. I am not sure if I want to do a full on serenity Mal because the shirt and suspenders would be impossible to find. I am thinking of attempting a shirt and suspenders but we will see. I would also have to find his ammo pack on his belt thats in the movie.

Here are some additional shots I took of pairings to give a closed look at the great work done by Trev and Josh:

img6833u.jpg

img6839d.jpg

img6848wy.jpg

img6871d.jpg

img6856p.jpg

img6837.jpg

img6864b.jpg

These should be the last of my pics for awhile. I may post some photos of my bashes as I get them completed. Almost there on Simon and Inara. I welcome all and any feedback on these. You guys have been a big help in the past in getting these right.
Thank you,

Old Grandpa

an absolute inspiration! Your group of figures look TERRIFIC! I really can't wait to get some free time to work on Wash....Thanks for sharing, Old Grandpa, I always get a jolt of inspiration to continue on these when I see your figures.

cadaver202- Love the shoulder patch on your Mal's coat! I always liked that detail on the Serenity coat.

Here are the group shots of the first 4 of the magnificent 9:
img6851t.jpg

img6830n.jpg

img6857w.jpg

img6843h.jpg

Old Grandpa

:bow Now those are some serious custom figures. All the outfits look spot on. You did a great job Richard and im glad i could have been apart of helping you out. You set the bar with the crew. :hi5:

Can't be beat, just can't be beat, brings a huge smile on viewing. That says it all! :hi5: :clap

Here are some additional shots I took of pairings to give a closed look at the great work done by Trev and Josh:

img6833u.jpg

img6839d.jpg

img6848wy.jpg

img6871d.jpg

img6856p.jpg

img6837.jpg

img6864b.jpg

These should be the last of my pics for awhile. I may post some photos of my bashes as I get them completed. Almost there on Simon and Inara. I welcome all and any feedback on these. You guys have been a big help in the past in getting these right.
Thank you,

Old Grandpa

Back