Trevor Grove's Firefly Sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Trevor's Firefly Sculpts

Any news on Simon? He is the one I am most looking forawrd to.

Just finished up Shepherd Book! Clothes are all from older Sideshow figures, except for Hot Toys Tony Stark shoes. Modified the shirt's collar and front to match Book's.

book1s.jpg

Your Book is looking amazing!! It must give you great pleasure to look at him and know that you did that. I'll be using your idea of the leather thong to tie Book's hair. I've already picked up a Bible and Crucifix to add to my figure. Keep up the good work.

Old Grandpa

Still waiting for a complete set of 3 before ordering Book...River and Simon where art thou? lol

Oh, they will be happening...just MUCH later than I had hoped, dragonsleeper. :)

I'm sculpting myself ragged this month to keep up with my Sideshow work.... so I won't have any updates in May, but maybe in June we can finally get another crewmember released! River is very close, but she's a difficult girl to capture, and I don't want to rush it.

Love visiting this thread!
Trev

Hey Trevor, take your time, no hurry. Still piecing my crew together as I was a late starter. :) This has been by far the most enjoyable project I have ever taken on. So, thanks to you good Sir.

jon

Thought I would check in again, I was wondering if there is anyone who dremeled out their trevor Mal boots and knows how it needs to be done would be interested in making a little money to do mine. PM me if interested.

EDIT: BuffyGirl lined me up with someone to help with the boots.
Thanks!

Last edited:

Ok, body type question. I'm caving and getting hot toys cuban female body. But how hard would it be to make Takara hands fit on a hot toys body type ? OR can that not be done ? Thanks !
JERMS !!!

Thought I would check in again, I was wondering if there is anyone who dremeled out their trevor Mal boots and knows how it needs to be done would be interested in making a little money to do mine. PM me if interested.

EDIT: BuffyGirl lined me up with someone to help with the boots.
Thanks!

Excellent to hear that it is sorted for you!

Well I am finally starting to get a bunch of stuff together so it's about time I started posting pics here. My main problem is I jumped into the deep end and started way to many bashes at once so I have been grabbing a piece here and there and not making much progress on a single figure :panic:

Anyway I am next up to recieve my order from Chad, I just got my altered Mal pants and custom suspenders from STar Puffs, and just shipped my Trevor Mal head off to Greggo for paint. So Mal should be pretty much finished in about a month! Then I can take some real pictures to replace these iPhone images!

Here is some pics of my WIP Mal:

and you can check out the rest of my WIP's here:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94567

I will start to post some of my Firefly bashes here:

Mal Recipe:
Body: HT Advanced
Pants: Battlegear toys altered and brown stripe added by: Star Puffs
Suspenders: Star Puffs
Boots: Newline Japanese officer boots
Rig and gun: Stevo's
gloved hands(not shown): HT Joker
Shirt/Jacket: ordered from SMCG Customs (ETA 2 weeks)
Head: Trevor, sent out to be painted by Greggo

To do: Weather Boots, paint gloved hands black, weather belt and rig. Possibly paint suspenders.

Mal-2.jpg

Mal-1.jpg

Mal-3.jpg

Hello all, I am new here and new to 1/6th scale collecting as well.

I am not interested in real-world stuff like military figures, etc. I am an huge science fiction fan and will be getting into Star Wars, Predator, Terminator, etc.

Firefly is one of my all-time favorite shows, and figures of the crew would be exceptionally awesome!

So, with that out of the way I have one question: Are these magnificent head sculpts still available?

In the event that they are, any info on whom to contact would be awesome. I am going to assume it would be Trevolver, but one never knows.

Thanks in advance.

~Eric

I am not interested in real-world stuff like military figures, etc. I am an huge science fiction fan and will be getting into Star Wars, Predator, Terminator, etc.

Firefly is one of my all-time favorite shows, and figures of the crew would be exceptionally awesome!

So, with that out of the way I have one question: Are these magnificent head sculpts still available?

In the event that they are, any info on whom to contact would be awesome. I am going to assume it would be Trevolver, but one never knows.

Thanks in advance.

~Eric

Yes, contact Trevolver. He will get you started! Welcome!

Any word on the Tams, Trev?

He posted this just a few posts up less then 2 weeks ago.

Oh, they will be happening...just MUCH later than I had hoped, dragonsleeper. :)

I'm sculpting myself ragged this month to keep up with my Sideshow work.... so I won't have any updates in May, but maybe in June we can finally get another crewmember released! River is very close, but she's a difficult girl to capture, and I don't want to rush it.

Love visiting this thread!
Trev

~Eric

Welcome Eric. This is a fantastic, though sometimes spendy hobby. It's a real treat to see a character you love come together in a 1/6th action figure you have made. Each one an individual work of art.

I got my sculpts of Wash and Inara back from Josh today and I'll be posting photos of the 2 figures this weekend. As always, Josh did a fantastic job on the paint apps. The photos that he posted earlier didn't do them justice.
Can't wait to share them with you.

Old Grandpa

Welcome Eric. This is a fantastic, though sometimes spendy hobby. It's a real treat to see a character you love come together in a 1/6th action figure you have made. Each one an individual work of art.

I got my sculpts of Wash and Inara back from Josh today and I'll be posting photos of the 2 figures this weekend. As always, Josh did a fantastic job on the paint apps. The photos that he posted earlier didn't do them justice.
Can't wait to share them with you.

Old Grandpa

Glad they made it to you safely Richard. Looking most forward to Inara. :yess:

Back