Trevor Grove's Firefly Sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the link. I was reading through the thread.....and have e-mailed that company.
Have you purchased from them or heard about the quality/pricing?

They only offer painted sculpts so I never bought from them, as I like to paint my own stuff. I believe the price for painted head was $200, but I'm not sure.

Thank you for the response!

Paypal payment made for:

B: Muscle Thighs and Connectors = $30
C: Muscle Calves = $15
D: Articulated Boots =$40
E: Face-Painted Buckle =$15
H: Bullet Cuffs Painted Black =$20
I: 7-piece Harness Painted =$30
J: 8 BELT POUCHES PAINTED =$25

I just finally completed River and Jayne a couple weeks ago.

River - This is ShadowX81's dress pattern I had printed onto fabric by my brother's co-worker.

Jayne - Still looking for a knife, but he's complete, otherwise. My original intention was to have an iron-on image on the front of his T-shirt too, but the small little Chinese character just didn't stick well. The larger Blue Sun logo on the back was fine. Had I known there'd be a problem, I would've put Blue Sun on the front. May try again some day, but I'm giving up on it for the moment. Belt and gun rig was completely scratch built. The gun is Steve-o's Lemat with some modifications to make it screen accurate.

I've also had Simon done for a year, but guess I never posted pics of him (will have to correct that soon!). Now only Inara remains before my crew is complete!

101_15531.JPG
101_1550.JPG

101_1557.JPG
101_1560.JPG
101_1559.JPG

101_1563.JPG
101_1564.JPG

Your Jayne and River look Fantastic!!! I am finally about to get most of my painted heads back for my Firefly figures. Does anyone know of anyone who does the outfits for these figures? I unfortunately can't sew, but I want outfits that looks fantastic especially for Mal.

WOW!!! Love your River dress. Just what I'm looking for. She's one of two figures I'm not completely satisfied with. Her and Inara. I put Inara in a Ada Wong dress, but it's not exactly what I want.

Old Grandpa

Your Jayne and River look Fantastic!!! I am finally about to get most of my painted heads back for my Firefly figures. Does anyone know of anyone who does the outfits for these figures? I unfortunately can't sew, but I want outfits that looks fantastic especially for Mal.

Here's my recipe for my Mal:

Mal’s Firefly recipe

Head sculpt: Trevor
Paint app: Josh Small
Body: Hot Toys Basic or Narrow Shoulder
Shirt: Hot Toys Wolverine (modified)
Pants: Battle Gear Toys Butternut with 1/8 Brown ribbon
Glued down side with Fabric-Tak
Suspenders: Custom made by Star Puffs or eBay German
Military
Boots: Custom made by Trevor, or New Line Miniatures
Japanese Officers Boots
Pistol: Custom made by Darth Viper, or Stevo
Holster: Stevo
Belt: eBay WWII German Panzer Officers belt
Duster: Chad

Hope this is of some help. I have the recipes for all 9 figures if it will be of any help.

Old Grandpa

Picture from Emerald City Comic Con in Seattle:

Alan is the nicest person you could hope to meet. He really seemed to like the figure I built of him. So much so that I'm putting together a figure for him. Trevor has donated a sculpt and lined up an artist. Star Puffs is doing the Hawaiian shirt & dinos, and I have the rest on hand in my parts box. Just ordered a stand decal from Chris. Looks like this project will come together as soon as everything arrives.

IMG_8501_zpscf31c6bb.jpg

Old Grandpa

Last edited:
Here's my recipe for my Mal:

Mal’s Firefly recipe

Head sculpt: Trevor
Paint app: Josh Small
Body: Hot Toys Basic or Narrow Shoulder
Shirt: Hot Toys Wolverine (modified)
Pants: Battle Gear Toys Butternut with 1/8 Brown ribbon
Glued down side with Fabric-Tak
Suspenders: Custom made by Star Puffs or eBay German
Military
Boots: Custom made by Trevor, or New Line Miniatures
Japanese Officers Boots
Pistol: Custom made by Darth Viper, or Stevo
Holster: Stevo
Belt: eBay WWII German Panzer Officers belt
Duster: Chad

Hope this is of some help. I have the recipes for all 9 figures if it will be of any help.

Old Grandpa

Are the other recipes posted already someplace?

Back