Trevor Grove's Firefly Sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Trevor's Firefly Sculpts

Old Grandpa: :clap:clap:clap

Seriously, making these can get expensive I think, which is why I was glad I just focused on Mal piece by piece. I would love to make a Jayne or Zoe. Maybe in the future. Awesome job!

Here are the group shots of the first 4 of the magnificent 9:
img6830n.jpg

Old Grandpa

OH.....MY....GOD!!! Everytime I see your figs, I'm still blown away, but to see Kaylee and Zoe all finished up along with entire group photos of the gang - I'm breathless!! I had rationalized and talked myself down into doing only Mal, Jayne, and Zoe because of the expense of these customs, but after seeing your group shots, you have me re-considering this thought big-time! You're like a little devil on my shoulder telling me, "You should have, no - not should - need to have all 9 of the crew!", if they can look near as good as yours!!

Stunning, absolutely stunning OG!! :bow

an absolute inspiration! Your group of figures look TERRIFIC! I really can't wait to get some free time to work on Wash....Thanks for sharing, Old Grandpa, I always get a jolt of inspiration to continue on these when I see your figures.

cadaver202- Love the shoulder patch on your Mal's coat! I always liked that detail on the Serenity coat.

That means so much coming from you! I really like it too.

OG- those are amazing! I love them all. The only thing I'm not a huge fan of are Mals pants. Other then that they are spot on!:clap

Last edited:

Wow, those are awesome, I think Zoe looks the best. What body are you using for her?

Thank you, thank you. I used a HT TT Cuban American body. She worked out great because she's a little bit taller then the Caucasian version, and Zoes taller than the other females in the cast.

Old Grandpa

Old Grandpa: :clap:clap:clap

Seriously, making these can get expensive I think, which is why I was glad I just focused on Mal piece by piece. I would love to make a Jayne or Zoe. Maybe in the future. Awesome job!

Thank you. Yes they are expensive, but they are one of a kind, original works of art, not a mass produced, cookie cutter, 1 of 10,000 figure. Plus I'm old, rertired, widowed, and aside from my grandchildren, what do I have to send my money on.

Honestly, I loved the TV series and the movie, and have wanted 12" figures of the crew for years. I'm looking forward to Wash and Inera as much as I was Mal and Jayne. Stay tuned.

Old Grandpa

FYI, Just left the SMcG site and he is taking orders for Mals coat and Zoes vest starting on the 23rd of July. This should be good news for all you boardies waiting for these items. Good luck.

Old Grandpa

Absolutely amazing. Great attention to detail. Love Jayne's hat!

Haven't been on this board in awhile - kind of lost interest after they cancelled the Buffy/Angel line. Just saw these posted on Whedonesque and just had to comment! Absolutely beautifully done and I wish these were being mass produced so I could get my own set!

Hey guys, I'm ordering up stevo's rigs. Could anyone tell me the sizes you used? Im using a HT reg tt for mal and HT cuban for Zoe. Thanks

I made Mals red movie shirt last night and I think it turned out great! I am gonna make his beige shirt from the final showdown more movie accurate pants and attempt to make suspenders. I need to grab some thead today for the other projects. I will post pics tonight.

I started making stuff for Zoe on the weekend. I made the first version of her vest but it's not fitted properly. Also made pants. I need to get some fabric for her shirt today too. I will post pics when I get home.

as promised....

IMG_0150.jpg

IMG_0151.jpg

IMG_0152.jpg

that past image is my figure so far. I hate those pants so I am gonna make movie accurate(ish) pants. I also tested these nylon patches to do the leg repair as in the movie.

any comments? feedback? it will help me make my shirts better.

These look wonderful. Absolutely gorgeous. But there's something off about Kaylee's eyes, but that could be the light.

Yeah Skytte, it's the light. The eyes look great sculpt in hand. It's the sunbeating down on her in the pictures. We took some indoors, but they looked to yellow. We're haveing trouble getting perfect photos, but I have to give credit to my son (Protozaius) for the photos I do have. I'm really no good with a camera, or posting them on this thread.

Old Grandpa

Back