STORMTROOPER PF officially in development!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm due this soon and i'm a bit worried about all the comments on bad packaging,can anyone be more specific on why its so bad?,does the figure have room to rattle around or something?

I'm due this soon and i'm a bit worried about all the comments on bad packaging,can anyone be more specific on why its so bad?,does the figure have room to rattle around or something?

Basically, yes. A lot of people including myself received this with the smaller parts loose inside the packaging. Everything from the belt, thermal detonator, hands were just floating in the packaging. And the statue itself was wrapped in very thin plastic and paper. Yeah, you read that right. PAPER.

Basically, yes. A lot of people including myself received this with the smaller parts loose inside the packaging. Everything from the belt, thermal detonator, hands were just floating in the packaging. And the statue itself was wrapped in very thin plastic and paper. Yeah, you read that right. PAPER.

:gah:

I really can't believe that,why have they suddenly cheaped out on this PF?, i suppose praying is my only option then.....

It boggles the _____***g mind

Thanks for the info Mclass

Just noticed something a bit odd on my Stormtrooper. The right mic tip (left if you're looking at it) has a bit of what looks like casting residue. I already emailed Sideshow about it to see if I can get a replacement. This isn't a big deal to most but it is to me. I paid $300 for something, I expect it to be perfect. Anybody have this issue with theirs? Hopefully I get a timely response from Sideshow. My replacement antenna for my Commandy Cody still hasn't been taken care of. :dunno

6873053013_0b7d8097fd_z.jpg

So a little update with this:

I contacted Sideshow about getting a replacement part but since I didn't order it directly from Sideshow, I'd have to contact the retailer I got it from (Alter Ego Comics).

Quote: "Unfortunately, you need to contact Alter Ego Comics since you purchased it there. They should be able to contact us for any replacement."

This makes absolutely no sense. Why does it matter where the **** I purchased it from? Sideshow should deal with their customers' problems regardless of where they bought it from. Why make it more complicated? The replacement part is coming directly from Sideshow anyway so why can't they deal with the customer directly? Take for example Apple products, when you need a replacement or a fix do they ever ask where it was purchased from? Do they say, if you didn't buy it from an Apple store, we can't fix it for you and make you go back to where you purchased it from? No, they don't. Companies like Sideshow piss me off. /End rant.

I contacted Sideshow about getting a replacement part but since I didn't order it directly from Sideshow, I'd have to contact the retailer I got it from (Alter Ego Comics).

Quote: "Unfortunately, you need to contact Alter Ego Comics since you purchased it there. They should be able to contact us for any replacement."

This makes absolutely no sense. Why does it matter where the **** I purchased it from? Sideshow should deal with their customers' problems regardless of where they bought it from. Why make it more complicated? The replacement part is coming directly from Sideshow anyway so why can't they deal with the customer directly? Take for example Apple products, when you need a replacement or a fix do they ever ask where it was purchased from? Do they say, if you didn't buy it from an Apple store, we can't fix it for you and make you go back to where you purchased it from? No, they don't. Companies like Sideshow piss me off. /End rant.

actually, in all fairness, it does make sense. You have a deal with Alter Ego Comics, not with Sideshow directly.
In Apple's case, they are kind enough to repair it, but they could just as well say that you have to go back to where you bought it and have them send it to Apple.

Got mine and it is OK just. From the base to the neck it is great but that helmet is just way wrong. They even have photos of real troopers on the box next to the PF and anybody can see the difference. Who ever sculpted it I would not get them to sculpt my dog.
Base was where it should be in the foam compartment but im not sure if Case Fresh might have repacked it before it was sent to me. I dabbed a drop of WD40 on the joint under the helmet and this loosened up the joint some to make positioning the helmet easy.
The left knee is wobbly and there was a scratch in the base. I don’t like the plastic covers as the leg one rubbed the paint and marked it.
I ended up selling my vader PF cause of the helmet issues but the stormtrooper is the one PF i always wanted so hope it grows on me

actually, in all fairness, it does make sense. You have a deal with Alter Ego Comics, not with Sideshow directly.

Care to explain? How does that make sense? It just makes things more complicated. There is no reason that Sideshow can't deal with me directly. I don't see Alter Ego Comics on the box. I see Sideshow, therefore I will contact Sideshow if there is a problem. It's no big deal really, Alter Ego is great to deal with and I purchase most of my Sideshow products through them. All this means is I have to send another email to someone else and explain the situation again which is irritating.

Got mine and it is OK just. From the base to the neck it is great but that helmet is just way wrong. They even have photos of real troopers on the box next to the PF and anybody can see the difference. Who ever sculpted it I would not get them to sculpt my dog.
Base was where it should be in the foam compartment but im not sure if Case Fresh might have repacked it before it was sent to me. I dabbed a drop of WD40 on the joint under the helmet and this loosened up the joint some to make positioning the helmet easy.
The left knee is wobbly and there was a scratch in the base. I don’t like the plastic covers as the leg one rubbed the paint and marked it.
I ended up selling my vader PF cause of the helmet issues but the stormtrooper is the one PF i always wanted so hope it grows on me

I would send it back and get a new one.

Care to explain? How does that make sense? It just makes things more complicated. There is no reason that Sideshow can't deal with me directly. I don't see Alter Ego Comics on the box. I see Sideshow, therefore I will contact Sideshow if there is a problem. It's no big deal really, Alter Ego is great to deal with and I purchase most of my Sideshow products through them. All this means is I have to send another email to someone else and explain the situation again which is irritating.

Sorry dude, gotta go with Took on this one - but you're right it doesn't make sense.
I used to work in retail so Alter Ego (as the retailer) is responsible for that particular stock they purchased from Sideshow. Even though it is double handling, this is how (most) companies work...you have to deal directly with the people you purchased from and then they get a RA (return authorization) from Sideshow.
:(

Unfortunately for all involved the replacement will come to your dealer and only then to you. Will arrive to you directly, only if you ordered it from Sideshow, and not from a retailer. It might be stupid, but this is how it works.

That means your trooper's leg is broken. Replacement is the word here.

Finally got my Trooper a day early and despite the very poor packaging:gah: I'm please to say that I don't have any of the reported issues...He's PERFECT!!!!!!:yess:

P1030203.jpg
P1030211.jpg

P1030214.jpg
P1030209.jpg

P1030212.jpg

P1030215.jpg

P1030208.jpg

I just received my third replacement body today, again the right leg/knee is cracked off! First time both shoulder pads were broken, second the right knee is wonky but displayable.

I'm really concerned if i'll ever recieve a perfect stormie. I really love the statue but I'm wondering if I should ask for a refund or risk another damaged one...

That means your trooper's leg is broken. Replacement is the word here.

Didn’t realize that it was broken just thought it was loose. Im down here in Australia and bought from a dealer (case fresh) so would probably be more hassle than its worth.

Didn’t realize that it was broken just thought it was loose. Im down here in Australia and bought from a dealer (case fresh) so would probably be more hassle than its worth.

Actualy Casefresh are good with returns. Just call them, let em' know
what the problem is. They will have you post it back then send you
out another. Provided they have stock.

Back