STORMTROOPER PF officially in development!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just received my third replacement body today, again the right leg/knee is cracked off! First time both shoulder pads were broken, second the right knee is wonky but displayable.

I'm really concerned if i'll ever recieve a perfect stormie. I really love the statue but I'm wondering if I should ask for a refund or risk another damaged one...

How are you opening these boxes!?!?! With a sledgehammer!!

it has nothing to do with how they are opened and everything to do with the crappy job SS did in packing them.

How about this one for a change :lol

f2b85a62.jpg

Nice trooper. The legs are a bit longer than the armor though. :D

Mine:

SDSStormtrooperarmor44.jpg

Care to explain? How does that make sense? It just makes things more complicated. There is no reason that Sideshow can't deal with me directly. I don't see Alter Ego Comics on the box.

Because someone could buy a broken statue from a forum member or eBay and then just email Sideshow for a replacement. People can very easily take advantage of a manufacturer's replacement policy to get free stuff. So, the manufacturer has to have specific guidelines in how to obtain replacements.

Every business policy was put in place to prevent 'theft'.

Yeah would like to now it too... :exactly:

jkno? :)

Ok this is what i know, Lucas filmed the sandtroopers first (sandtroopers don’t have these boxes) and before he started filming the space scenes with stormtroopers he didn’t like the gap that there was between the armour so they came up with the boxes just for looks. I don’t know what there suppose to be in the star wars universe maybe just extra armour for protection.

Last edited:
Hi I cant seem to add any pictures they just come up real small. Ive got terminator, predator, star wars, master replicas, Nice pix of the optimus prime maquette. Add me on facebook if anyone wants to see my collection. Billy Costigan my pro pic is of the dodge from the fast and the furious. Look forward to sharing my pictures
Cheers

Awesome 1:1 shots :clap

BTW, random question - what the hell are those hip flaps supposed to be anyway?

stormy.png

From the Star Wars: The Visual Dictionary and Wookieepedia
Blast Energy Sink

A Blast Energy Sink was a component of Stormtrooper armor. Designed to reduce damage by reducing blaster effect, it wasn't too efficient. Even with two of these, the chances of a Stormtrooper surviving was low. Often, the sinks failed to properly reduce damage from direct blaster hits. Thus, large numbers of its wearers were left dead in numerous parts of the Galaxy.

Ok this is what i know, Lucas filmed the sandtroopers first (sandtroopers don’t have these boxes) and before he started filming the space scenes with stormtroopers he didn’t like the gap that there was between the armour so they came up with the boxes just for looks. I don’t know what there suppose to be in the star wars universe maybe just extra armour for protection.

Exactly, 3phase gave you the answer. Sorry for the late response but do not forget the time zones differences :). As for what they are supposed to be, some say they are ammo packs. Anyway they look cool and I'm happy with that ;)

Hi I cant seem to add any pictures they just come up real small. Ive got terminator, predator, star wars, master replicas, Nice pix of the optimus prime maquette. Add me on facebook if anyone wants to see my collection. Billy Costigan my pro pic is of the dodge from the fast and the furious. Look forward to sharing my pictures
Cheers

Simply try and use www.photobucket.com or www.tinypic.com and get the direct link you obtain there between

Last edited:

Now you've said it, never noticed that on my Sandtrooper! Thanks for the info :hi5:

Well I received my replacement last night and opened it this morning. The left arm was broken at the elbow and it didn't sit on the base properly. Back for another exchange :censored:banghead:censored:mad:

Back