Geil's humble beginnings

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geil

Super Freak
Reaction score
Time to revamp and update my page and going to reuse the first page to post all updates somehow and now I finally know why ppl reserve the entire first page worth of posting to themselves AHA!

My Setup
The beginning of the end:
livingroomg.jpg

My first case:
living1.jpg

Batman full force:
livingtdk.jpg

Shiet more and MORE I go down the rabit hole:
livingroomdec09.jpg

A New Beginning:
livingroom2t.jpg

WIP again:
photoryt.jpg

My Blog

Last edited:
VERY classy set-up!!! :rock

And the fact that you watch Warehouse 13 means you've earned my vote of approval!! :lecture :lol j/k

Batman:

The Gang:
tdkgroup.jpg

Let's get ready:
tdkjokerbr.jpg

Interrogate me already
tdkinterrogation6.jpg

Gorden vs Joker:
hitme9t.jpg

HT TDK V1 vs Medi TDK vs HT DX02
lineup2r.png

My TDK OC!!!
slkr.jpg

Latest Getogether: DX holding TDKV1 head (repaint Seb), TDK OC (repaint Seb), DX, MEDX with Medi HD (mod & repaint Seb)
shutup.jpg

latest Addition yipee!!! Thanks to Woody, SickBoy and WaiMan
batsignal1.jpg

Last edited:
Terminator

The Governator!
t2t8005.jpg

case2.jpg

t2hk4165.jpg

jc9i.jpg

t21i.jpg

The Ladies are in the HOUSE!
bwvssc4.jpg

Ironman

Tony Stark
tonyjz.jpg

Latest Setup
imd3.jpg

Last edited:
great set up man and great tutorial on display making.
i've made a couple boxes myself but haven't got into it big time yet.
i was making straight cuts, but really wanted to make curved front cases and didn't really want to buy a heater at retail.
i'll have to read you whole story/link

ps: btw do you buff the edges at all or just router them smooth after cutting them with a table saw?? i didn't have to much luck buffing, that's why i ask.

Star Wars & Others

swsag04.jpg

mfs02.jpg

mf6m.jpg

mf4.jpg

0394 of 1500 THIS CANNOT BE BEAT

mf8b.jpg

I got the lights working !!!!

hljmfa.jpg

encore

c3po0.jpg

blade3d.jpg

House my fav TV show and character
house4o.jpg

A Custom Case for my fav toy supplier www.Toys2.net
toys2b.jpg

Last edited:
That case is so sweet. I hadn't realized Batman fit inside it. My Batmobile is so jealous. It's just sitting on an old ottoman, an earthquake away from disaster.

Really nice cases. Have been thinking of doing the same but not sure where to start in terms of sourcing materials and of course living in a 1 br apt doesn't give you much room for saws etc. Will have to think of another way.

Thanks to all your feedbacks :D

kentox - exactly my trouble at first. If you only build a case or two that are not big you could consider getting it from a home reno store as they tend to carry acrylic for those whatyoucallit windbreaker doors? Its a bit more $ but no mins to deal with and they may even be able to cut the pieces for you for a small surcharge. If you just want a budget case get thin pieces and the edges are really not noticeable anymore. Gluing is another hurdle, I have not tried but you might be able to accept consumer grade doublesided tape that is transparent? I got hold on some heavy duty stuff but its $$$$
gdb, Havok - I was going to build two cases 21"x32"x15", for me and another local but MAN am I glad he decided to just buy it cause that allowed me to go full blown on the size 26"x34"x14":D
mr. thrifty - can I quote you to my wife when the time comes :angelsmil

Last edited:
Really nice cases. Have been thinking of doing the same but not sure where to start in terms of sourcing materials and of course living in a 1 br apt doesn't give you much room for saws etc. Will have to think of another way.

just set up in the hallway.:naughty

Beautiful setup man and I do believe you are in the clear to start selling.:D

I just realized I cannot sell cases here yet :monkey2
I do have the count as I talk too much :D but I have only been a member for a month so no go for me yet :monkey2

I was just about to start a thread in FS section to start a local "jamming" session for all locals to make cases together cheap :(

Back