Hot Toys-MS 110- IRON MAN-MARK III (Battle Damaged) spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys-MS 110- IRON MAN-MARK III (BD) spec + pics (new head shot added!)

Since I'm an old school Transformer collector, I like the idea of die cast. Now that's in the world of Transformers. I'm interested to see what die cast will look like on a highly detailed figure. If Hot Toys can pull it off, I think we will be very happy ....

Oh and Gave you a Rep point :clap
Thanks! That will counter balance the neg I got elsewhere :lol

I used to collect G1 Transformers too! :hi5: I miss my Dinobots and Constructicons!

I used to collect G1 Transformers too! :hi5: I miss my Dinobots and Constructicons!

Anytime ..... Yeah sometimes I ask myself what am I doing collecting Transformers, and Hot Toys, Plus I just dove into 1/4 scale now. :family

Funny you mentioned Dinobots. My mother, as a joke, gave me a Grimlock as a gag Christmas gift in either 1984 or 85 (when I was about 18), if memory serves me, but it back fired because I thought it was the coolest thing. I still have it too, somewhere. If I find it, I'll post a pick for you :). I still think it is so cool :)

Funny you mentioned Dinobots. My mother, as a joke, gave me a Grimlock as a gag Christmas gift in either 1984 or 85 (when I was about 18), if memory serves me, but it back fired because I thought it was the coolest thing. I still have it too, somewhere. If I find it, I'll post a pick for you :). I still think it is so cool :)
That's great! :lol

I had Grimlock too :hi5: and kept mine for years in good shape up until I joined this forum, where I ended up selling all of my Transformers to Galactiboy shortly thereafter :)

Edit: This may be the only pic I have of my old Dinobots

001.jpg

That's great! :lol

I had Grimlock too :hi5: and kept mine for years in good shape up until I joined this forum, where I ended up selling all of my Transformers to Galactiboy shortly thereafter :)

Lol, nice. It's good being a big kid, isn't it? :lol

Edit.. Yep, that is what my Grimlock looks like. Nice pic of them!

Lol, nice. It's good being a big kid, isn't it? :lol

Edit.. Yep, that is what my Grimlock looks like. Nice pic of them!

Thanks! :hi5:

It was a great time to be a kid indeed, I can't even begin to list all the awesome collectible lines we had to choose from!

So, a pretty weird thing happened to me in the past week - I was going through the 'oversized figures' section of Midtown Comics' website, when I saw a listing for the BD Mark III figure at retail price.

I check their listings relatively frequently, and this was the first time I've seen it pop up, so I assumed it was an error... however, I made my order and it seems to have been processed and shipped! Hopefully it turns up NIB and without any issues. I've seen anything this happen before, but thought it'd be worth mentioning in case it happens again!

Midtown's prices aren't anything special but they do have an automatic 20% discount on any in-stock item when you make a purchase via their app for the first time, so there are deals to be had potentially (though in this case, it just cancelled out the tax / shipping for me).

So, a pretty weird thing happened to me in the past week - I was going through the 'oversized figures' section of Midtown Comics' website, when I saw a listing for the BD Mark III figure at retail price.

I check their listings relatively frequently, and this was the first time I've seen it pop up, so I assumed it was an error... however, I made my order and it seems to have been processed and shipped! Hopefully it turns up NIB and without any issues. I've seen anything this happen before, but thought it'd be worth mentioning in case it happens again!

Midtown's prices aren't anything special but they do have an automatic 20% discount on any in-stock item when you make a purchase via their app for the first time, so there are deals to be had potentially (though in this case, it just cancelled out the tax / shipping for me).

That's pretty awesome, keep us updated when you get the figure

Yeah, Midtown had it listed as $189.99, so with the 20% off it was $152 (though with tax and shipping, it got bumped back up to $186).

Their search function kinda sucks because they often don't include 'Hot Toys' in the title of the products, but if you go to the oversized figures section and order by price, you can find stuff easily enough https://www.midtowncomics.com/store/search.asp?cat=65&scat=82&pl=189. The 20% discount when you use the app is nice (especially on more expensive stuff) but shipping can be pretty pricey - it was $21 for the Mark III but looks like the more expensive the item, the more the shipping.

Just arrived! No brown shipper and box had a little dust but well packed and unopened. I was worried it had been displayed in one of their stores and then repacked, but doesn't seem like it. Came with a slight case of pink panties straight out the box, though I guess that's just an inevitability!

Putting it together was one of the more stressful experiences I've had with a figure, specifically slotting the wing flaps in the back. Very stiff and tricky to get in, but managed to get them in there without any issues. I really like the figure but ironically, it does feels like a prototype for the Mark II Armor Unleashed figure. Everything works, but it's not quite as smooth or as well put together as the Mark II AU.

Still, very glad to have it as a replacement for my original Mark III which got a little scuffed up and was the victim of a pretty amateur repaint job by myself. Will be interesting to see what the inevitable diecast version looks like! I'm guessing it might not have as many of the features as this one, or at least it'll have them reworked (the pop-out bits on the hips and the shoulders are cool but very rickety, and I'm not sure if they could be replicated in diecast).

Glad to hear you got a pretty decent figure tb. Last I checked he was fetching ~$450-550 so finding him for retail is really incredible. :clap

I took mine out of storage ever since I bought this bad boy. I'm joining the the pink panties, abs and neck club. Never saw day light and still pink panties.

Someone is selling this $222 shipped. IS it a good price? I want to add an Iron man to my collection.

Back