The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's honestly already getting old. That particular formula. Frankly, its why I'm looking forward to this new spin-off.

I have no interest in a spin-off for exactly that reason. The only place to take this show is into the characters. It has to get more and more intensively into their heads and their relationships, and that's what it has been doing. Starting over from square one with a new group of people holds zero appeal for me.

Well yeah, I'm not complaining about the character development. I'm complaining about the plot formula or have you guys not really noticed?

They saw the CDC with barricades fail (explodes)

They saw the farm with fences fail (burns down)

They saw Woodburry with fences fail (burns down)

They saw the Prison with fences fail (tank blows it up)

They see Terminus with fences is BS (Rick gets a helicopter and blows it up??) :lol

what should we do Rick?

That place over there has a fence and people we can't trust, we'll head there.

We want to pretend Rick's going to be a smart bad-*** now but in reality, we already know he's about to make the same mistake he just did, again, next season.

How exciting would the show be if they finally found a zombie proof place they could call home with no bad guys around that want it for themselves? It would more or less be the end of the show. I know some people I've talked to felt they stayed at the prison for too long even. Terminus is a little different in the fact that it is a safe place from zombies, but the people inside are a much greater threat. And the fact they are actually being held prisoner - something the prison wasn't actually doing :lol Ironically they just got out of prison only to end up in a prison and they need to come up with an escape plan. Great twist there when you think about it.

this is the reason I stopped reading the comics, it really seemed just like the same thing over and over. We all knew the show was going to do the same thing...I mean there isn't much else you can do and it will eventually just get to the "omg just end it before jumping the shark" point but that will take a few more seasons until people start getting bored of it. Personally....the first season was my favorite, anyone else think so?

Spoiler Spoiler:

this is the reason I stopped reading the comics, it really seemed just like the same thing over and over. We all knew the show was going to do the same thing...I mean there isn't much else you can do and it will eventually just get to the "omg just end it before jumping the shark" point but that will take a few more seasons until people start getting bored of it. Personally....the first season was my favorite, anyone else think so?

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

That's the plot formula to every zombie story ever. :lol

How exciting would the show be if they finally found a zombie proof place they could call home with no bad guys around that want it for themselves? It would more or less be the end of the show. I know some people I've talked to felt they stayed at the prison for too long even. Terminus is a little different in the fact that it is a safe place from zombies, but the people inside are a much greater threat. And the fact they are actually being held prisoner - something the prison wasn't actually doing :lol Ironically they just got out of prison only to end up in a prison and they need to come up with an escape plan. Great twist there when you think about it.

Spoiler Spoiler:

That's why I'm looking forward to the spin-off. They could do things slightly differantly but still keep the threats of zombies and people out there. Several small old west like towns that actually get along with a few maraduers here and there would be cool to see. Not every community needs to collapse after 2-3 months. You will still always have the need to go out on runs to put people in danger. And not every safe harbor needs to be a massive locked down gijoe playset. That's all I'm saying.

Think Game of Thrones. Kingdoms can last for a long while (hundreds of years) but still be very dangerous places and other kingdoms around them are collapsing. The travel is still dangerous as well.

Last edited:
Looks like Rick is taking a **** the proper way.

I want to get one of those stool stools that fits around the column on the terlit when not in use, that you put your feet on when it's time to play stupid games on the iPad for 10 minutes. :D They're supposed to be remarkably helpful in such situations. And with bad knees, I'd never be able to do it Rick's way anyway. :lol

I think complaining about teeth and a few other things is kinda dumb. The way I see it is this, just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it didnt happen. Not everything has to be in front of the camera.

I think complaining about teeth and a few other things is kinda dumb. The way I see it is this, just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it didnt happen. Not everything has to be in front of the camera.

No ones complaining, it's just some things I'd like to see them talk about. Survival of the fittest. We're a very weak society. So many people these days are dependent on prescriptions, inhalers, insulin, etc. I'd like to see them deal with real issues that affect millions of people and how that would play out and be impossible for some in their situations. Weather, nutrition, etc happen everyday and wouldn't just cease to exist.

Well yeah, I'm not complaining about the character development. I'm complaining about the plot formula or have you guys not really noticed?

They saw the CDC with barricades fail (explodes)

They saw the farm with fences fail (burns down)

They saw Woodburry with fences fail (burns down)

They saw the Prison with fences fail (tank blows it up)

They see Terminus with fences is BS (Rick gets a helicopter and blows it up??) :lol

what should we do Rick?

That place over there has a fence and people we can't trust, we'll head there.

We want to pretend Rick's going to be a smart bad-*** now but in reality, we already know he's about to make the same mistake he just did, again, next season.

Spoiler Spoiler:

that is what I was thinking. If this formula is boring and "Same old same old" how has the comic been going for so long and stay relevant?

I'd love to see the spin off start the way Darabont wanted season 2 to begin. Have army Rangers start in Atlanta when it was still for refuges and then have it all go to hell and they're trying to get out of there. They can head in the opposite direction ricks group went in. I'd just love to see a group like that surviving in this world. Seeing if they keep up as the professional soldier or throw it to the wind as more civilians arrive and they realize there is no army anymore.

Or for that matter it could talk place in Cali or Nevada or Maine but I'd like to see a military unit or survivors of one and then slowly build up their group. Usually in these films the military is just cannon fodder. Or complete douches.

that is what I was thinking. If this formula is boring and "Same old same old" how has the comic been going for so long and stay relevant?

I think it was relevant up until the latest arc, since it seems like Prison vs. Woodbury redux.

I'd love to see the spin off start the way Darabont wanted season 2 to begin. Have army Rangers start in Atlanta when it was still for refuges and then have it all go to hell and they're trying to get out of there. They can head in the opposite direction ricks group went in. I'd just love to see a group like that surviving in this world. Seeing if they keep up as the professional soldier or throw it to the wind as more civilians arrive and they realize there is no army anymore.

Or for that matter it could talk place in Cali or Nevada or Maine but I'd like to see a military unit or survivors of one and then slowly build up their group. Usually in these films the military is just cannon fodder. Or complete douches.

You'd enjoy the original Day of the Dead script.

Back