Premium Format C-3PO & R2-D2 Premium Format Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! Super nice. Now there's the base the ex should have come with.

Looks boss.

That base looks fantastic, great job mate!

Looks awesome. Well done!

Simply stunning!

Sideshow could learn from this...

Well done Roberto. :hi5:
Looks much better than the two separate bases they came with and more appropriate.

It looks great. I really think that SSC made a bad call with individual bases for the EX. This totally redeems that.

Fantastic job on the base!

Sent from my SPH-M840 using Tapatalk

So flattered by the amazing support and fantastic feedback from all you great guys....thank you so much :bow :bow :1-1: really glad you like the base...so much of the credit really goes to my friend who sculpted it...all I did was send him the dimensions to work with by measuring up the droids and making sure it was all in scale :)

So thanks once again everyone and here are a few more snaps of the droids with the lights on :)

a8avu6ad.jpg

u4u6u4aj.jpg

yjuja8un.jpg

And a cool sketch I found on Google Images which I though would look really cool with those who have the Regular Version!! ;)

e2uqanu4.jpg

The best representation of the Ex Droids by far. The droids have always been fantastic, but that base takes it up several notches and makes it what it should be - an iconic representation of A Galaxy Far, Far Away . . .

No doubt!
Much better base than what they came with.

GREAT JOB !! Came out fantastic !

The best representation of the Ex Droids by far. The droids have always been fantastic, but that base takes it up several notches and makes it what it should be - an iconic representation of A Galaxy Far, Far Away . . .

No doubt!
Much better base than what they came with.

@ myc, Slynger and Centurion - just wanted to say thanks so much for your kind words and support on this project. Really means a lot to have such great feedback as it makes the whole project so much more worth while. As you can guess, I'm so happy with the final base design as it was always my intention to have these two iconic droids together on one base just like the regular version. These guys were just made to be side by side ;)

aduve5e9.jpg

you're welcome !

The paint job is great. how did you simulate the granite look ? washes ?

@ myc, Slynger and Centurion - just wanted to say thanks so much for your kind words and support on this project. Really means a lot to have such great feedback as it makes the whole project so much more worth while. As you can guess, I'm so happy with the final base design as it was always my intention to have these two iconic droids together on one base just like the regular version. These guys were just made to be side by side ;)

aduve5e9.jpg

that is incredible! well done! :D

Happy to dish out praise when it's deserved and this is, most certainly, deserved!

you're welcome !

The paint job is great. how did you simulate the granite look ? washes ?

that is incredible! well done! :D

Thanks again guys :duff really appreciate it :) in regards to the paint apps myc, I'll get in touch with the guy who painted it for me and find out how he came about recreating the granite effect ;)

awesome ! thanks !

no worries myc :hi5: I believe he said it was just washes of greens and yellows that he used...originally he painted it just concrete grey but I wanted to give the base a bit more character so asked him to weather it slightly and that's what he came up with ;) he also made the top of the base glossy and reflective to create a shiny marble like effect for the flooring.

To think I was actually contemplating selling these guys to get the Reg version because I was so fed up of having them both on separate bases. What I loved about the reg was that you could recreate that classic iconic display of threepio patting the head of R2...so glad I didn't now....

dyreve3u.jpg

Back