The Official Jerry Vanderstelt LOTR Remarque Registry

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking about getting the Sauron Canvas to display with the PF.

I just wanted to hear some thoughts on it or any of the other Canvas pieces. It's a little on expensive side for a print. I'm having trouble justifying that type of cash. I'd really only be interested in the Canvas not the paper.

I just wanted to hear some thoughts on it or any of the other Canvas pieces. It's a little on expensive side for a print. I'm having trouble justifying that type of cash. I'd really only be interested in the Canvas not the paper.

Personally I like Canvas...It creates an old world feel and with the Giclee quality today as long and you dont punch a hole or ding it they will last a lifetime...buy a nice frame for a painting and you have something that looks richer than any framed paper...Even though Paper is cheaper the framing and matting if done right can cost a fortune...I love my Canvas pieces and sorry for the late response...I did not look at this thread in a while

Last edited:
Put a nice frame around it like this other Giclee L/E of 12 and you'll get some nice comments when people visit

Last edited:

I would like to know this also. Thinking about doing the same thing, only concern is the PF Sauron is larger than the Sauron in the picture. I would think that may look strange.

I would like to know this also. Thinking about doing the same thing, only concern is the PF Sauron is larger than the Sauron in the picture. I would think that may look strange.

The PF Sauron is bigger...The Canvas(which is actually alot bigger than the paper print image) is about 27 inches tall while the Sauron PF is about 36 inches tall

I take a glance at the Hobbit Canvas everyday...Better than any of the movie Posters IMHO...I just saw a sneak peak on JV's Facebook page of JVs Balrog print coming later this year...Looks impressive...The Balrog has a very aggressive appearance..I like it!...I would get the canvas version and have had JV do the stretching and Gallery wrap as on my other giclees .....well worth it IMHo and when it gets to me it's ready for the wall!

Last edited:
The Balrog print is going to be freaking great!! :rock

Oh that's coming out??!! I thought I'd missed it , I'm sure it said "sold out" on his website because that one was actually my preference (unless it actually is sold out and you guys have all Pre-ordered?)

Good news! When does it get released?

only concern is the PF Sauron is larger than the Sauron in the picture. I would think that may look strange.

It will look good even if the art is smaller than the statue...That's like saying a hung photo of your family looks strange because it's smaller than your family...It's all good...as long as it's hung right and on the right spot...

I don't know if this is the right thread but I just wanted to share one of my lifetime grail; "Daughter of Mirkwood" ‪‎Tauriel‬ Lithograph, personalized by both Jerry Vanderstelt and Evangeline Lilly. Thank you once again. :yess::rock:love

f2knPMV.jpg

Last edited:
Back