Show your pet, best friend, partner .....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Said goodbye to two great friends today. :(

f941a9c2.jpg

What happened? :(

Jordan the one on the right side of the picture has had diabetes for quite a while. Over time he's lost his eye sight and eventually got the point he literally wasn't comfortable in his own skin. So we were in the process of making plans to have hit sent on his way to a better place, and during that process the other puppy Joy basically stopped eating. Well, come to find out she most likely had liver cancer which moved very quickly. She also had arthritis in her back in from an injury when she was a pup and stress from a knee surgery. Those two combined to make it to where she didn't have the strength the last few days to do anything, and she probably wouldn't have made it through the weekend. So we decided today to send them on their way together much the same way they came into our lives 12 years ago as puppies. Needless to say my family is hurting pretty good. Both were ready and for them they needed to move on to heaven (yes, I believe my pets move on and will be there to give love to us again) but its odd after 12 years to not have them around anymore.

Jordan the one on the right side of the picture has had diabetes for quite a while. Over time he's lost his eye sight and eventually got the point he literally wasn't comfortable in his own skin. So we were in the process of making plans to have hit sent on his way to a better place, and during that process the other puppy Joy basically stopped eating. Well, come to find out she most likely had liver cancer which moved very quickly. She also had arthritis in her back in from an injury when she was a pup and stress from a knee surgery. Those two combined to make it to where she didn't have the strength the last few days to do anything, and she probably wouldn't have made it through the weekend. So we decided today to send them on their way together much the same way they came into our lives 12 years ago as puppies. Needless to say my family is hurting pretty good. Both were ready and for them they needed to move on to heaven (yes, I believe my pets move on and will be there to give love to us again) but its odd after 12 years to not have them around anymore.
I'm really sorry to hear that Josh. :(

12 years is quite a lifespan. Sounds like they were an awesome pair buddy!
:grouphug

I'm sorry for the loss of your pups, Josh. There is a small silver lining in knowing they are no longer in pain and that you will see them again. :duff

I am so sorry. :(

Blimey that is heartbreaking :(

So sorry for your loss! Like somebody correctly pointed out they are no longer in any pain now and they can both rest in peace and you should take some comfort from that.

Blimey that is heartbreaking :(

So sorry for your loss! Like somebody correctly pointed out they are no longer in any pain now and they can both rest in peace and you should take some comfort from that.

Thanks Teddy. :duff

It does take the edge off a bit. :duff

I'm so sorry for your loss. That would be so hard. They were probably so close and wanted to go together. They knew.

Big hugs to you! :1-1:

2 at once?God, that's terrible.My deepest condolences, for what it's worth.While I realize that you can never replace them,you should think about it,at least.Believe it or not, it will lessen the pain(I speak from hard experience)...PS

It took me close to a year before I could get another one and when I saw my Sawyer, I had to have him. He's 10 now and is having leg problems. :(

I got two older pups as well, a lab and a timberwolfe/husky. Their legs are bothering them too.

It's just the life cycle. Their like people, if their in enough pain, letting em' go is the best decision. It might be the hardest, but they'd thank you for it. It always sucks losing a pet, no matter what it is but just know they no longer have to suffer.

Back