Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish they'd make a civilian semi auto AA-12

Yeah, it's one of those dream guns.

I kept my streak going for another month. Went to start the paperwork on the PX4 and holy crap they had a sig P238 available. I have wanted this piece for a while, but it has not been available in CA. I would see them on occasion, but always LEO. But my shop had the HD model in today, which I guess is the only variant out of the 20 something models they make that is on the CA list. Given my experience with guns falling off the list, I put my money down immediately.

I don't know how long I can keep this pace up though.

Bought my first gun the other day, I'd been wanting to get into shooting for fun and originally thought of getting a rifle but also considered pistols but I was looking at 22s to start out. With the disappearance of 22 ammo I moved up to 9mm to start with and found a good deal on this pistol at a local store:

IMG_20140401_195602_zpsm92o8w8r.jpg

IMG_20140402_075349_zpsqioqeekr.jpg

Its a SAR Arms b6p of the pistols I handled it felt the best size and weight wise and with a price of just under $300 it was something I could actually afford.

Now my wife has ended up getting a cheap 380 pistol on layaway so we can both go shooting.

I just picked up a Beretta 92A1 on my lunch break. I've been wanting to get one for a while, and Saturday I went to look for one. They didn't have one in-stock, but the certainly didn't mind placing an order for one. I'm not sure when I'll be able to take it to the range, but I'll post a picture later when I get home. (I just need to figure out how to sneak it in past the wife)

I just picked up a Beretta 92A1 on my lunch break. I've been wanting to get one for a while, and Saturday I went to look for one. They didn't have one in-stock, but the certainly didn't mind placing an order for one. I'm not sure when I'll be able to take it to the range, but I'll post a picture later when I get home. (I just need to figure out how to sneak it in past the wife)

You can buy a gun and take it home on your freaking lunch break??? I have to get out of CA.

You can buy a gun and take it home on your freaking lunch break??? I have to get out of CA.

Yes, you do. Concealed Weapons Permits have their privileges....no wait periods. You just fill out the paperwork, wait for a background check, pay, and leave with your new item.

As promised:
10wi4pe.jpg

Yes, you do. Concealed Weapons Permits have their privileges....no wait periods. You just fill out the paperwork, wait for a background check, pay, and leave with your new item.

As promised:
10wi4pe.jpg

In GA you don't even need the permit to walk into a store and buy what you want. The permit saves you from having to wait while they do a phone call/back ground check though.

In GA you don't even need the permit to walk into a store and buy what you want. The permit saves you from having to wait while they do a phone call/back ground check though.

Yeah I wish it was like that here in Fl, but it typically only takes a few minutes. Now, back during the big scare the other year I know someone that waited 45 minutes while the salesman at a gun store was trying to get through for a background check.

Yeah I wish it was like that here in Fl, but it typically only takes a few minutes. Now, back during the big scare the other year I know someone that waited 45 minutes while the salesman at a gun store was trying to get through for a background check.

Oh jeez, 45 whole mins. I have to wait 10 days.

In Va you buy and walk out same day too. Don't need a concealed carry permit either although I do have one.

Bought a gun the other day - in and out in about 20 minutes, no permit required! One thing about Montanans, we love our guns!

I didn't know anyone else on here was into guns! Looks like I'll be spending more time on the boards!

I have the following:

AR-15 5.56
Winchester 1987 Riot Shotgun 12GA
Lee-Enfield No4 MKI
FN Five Seven
Glock 19
Browning Hi Power 9mm
Walther PPK/S .380ACP
Colt Cowboy .45LC

Loving that civilian G36! Ive been waiting for them to make one for awhile. One of the first guns I fell in love with when I first saw it.
I had a chance to pick up a German-company made reproduction STG44 in .22LR, thing handled beautifully! Now if only they'd make one in the original 7.92 Kurz...

nice collection Rob!

just found out that Wilson Combat is doing custom work on Beretta pistols!

wilsoncombat.com/new/custom-beretta.asp

i'm going to send my M9 in to get the "G" (decocker only) conversion done. i really hate the idea of accidentally engaging the safety.

now if i can get my PX4's decocker levers replaced with less protruding ones..

Digging this VISM discreet carry case, knock off of the Larue Tactical Convert case at 1/3 the price.
jzy1.jpg

utti.jpg

92gg.jpg

Thats a nice looking case.
I'm still looking for one but sadly enough it is not available here in the Netherlands.
Where did you get this one?

Back