Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
10538468_10203655594366440_910116456_n.jpg

With Hi ambidextrous thumb safety and Mag-well.

Does anyone collect vintage guns? I always wanted to own a M1 Garand.

:rock I'm going with a CMP rifle the first of the year. I plan to take a road trip to their Alabama location to pick one out.

~~I decided to get the VP9. I just received tracking information and I'll hopefully have it in my hands on Tuesday next week. I already have some Trijicon HDs sitting in the safe waiting for it's arrival. My only problem is tracking down affordable magazines. The P30 mags are compatible, but they are pretty $$ and I've seen them for $70 each at some of the places that have them in stock (I prefer to have at least 5 extra for each firearm I own).

Anybody competing at NRA National Championships at Bristol next week?

Does anyone collect vintage guns? I always wanted to own a M1 Garand.

I don't really seek them out, however a number of WWII eras have made their way into my collection. I have a P08, P38, and 1903A1. Have also always wanted a Garand or Carbine.

I picked up my VP9 on my way home from work. IMO just from initial impressions HK has a serious striker-fire pistol contender. The trigger is pretty much the best I've ever used (I have owned Glocks and M&Ps with trigger jobs), and of course the HK finish is awesome. I'm gonna take her out to the range on Saturday, and then I"m going to put some Trijicon HDs on her when I get home.
33kyveu.jpg

crmah.jpg

5xifrk.jpg

s4s9k7.jpg

What's a good price for a standard WWII-ear M1? I believe they still make them but I'd prefer an old one myself...

What's a good price for a standard WWII-ear M1? I believe they still make them but I'd prefer an old one myself...

All depends on condition. I know there are a lot of service rifles out there that had parts replaced and are made up of tons of different pieces and I'm pretty sure they can be had $500-750ish range, depending on how ugly they are. You're probably looking around $1,500-$2,000 for something nice. IDK if there's much price difference between the carbine and the Garand, as far as I know they run about the same but I could be wrong.

All depends on condition. I know there are a lot of service rifles out there that had parts replaced and are made up of tons of different pieces and I'm pretty sure they can be had $500-750ish range, depending on how ugly they are. You're probably looking around $1,500-$2,000 for something nice. IDK if there's much price difference between the carbine and the Garand, as far as I know they run about the same but I could be wrong.

Hmm, thanks, good to know!

Five gun-control girls (one of them named Abe) go to a gun range, and are impressed but conflicted ...

Funny stuff.

SnakeDoc

The CAR modified guy is the one I see the most. I just shake my head. To avoid most of this I recommend getting there early to avoid the crowd, and to find a spot on the end of the firing line.

~~I haven't posted in a long time because I haven't really had the spare money to buy anything. I bought a new house back in June, and most of my free money is going into that stuff. But I do have some excellent news...........My suppressor form 4 came back on Tuesday. My Specwar 7.62 is finally in my possession, and I will be taking it out in the next week or so after I get all of the muzzle devices attached to my rifles.
vwpr1g.jpg

Back