"Spinal Tap" Stonehenge figures surfacing after all these years?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the price for this correct? I'm seeing $15 for a CD, DVD and 3 Sideshow figures?

I'm confused....:eek: That just seems too good to be true.

They've taken the picture off. If they're just cutouts of the Sideshow figures, why not just do cutouts of the actual guys?

So confused.

Wonder if they found a warehouse full of old Tap figures and are planning on adding them in?

They've taken the picture off. If they're just cutouts of the Sideshow figures, why not just do cutouts of the actual guys?

So confused.

I'm confused too.....because on the amazon site it says 3 12 inch ACTION FIGURES (courtesy of Sideshow Collectibles).

Nothing anywhere about them being cutouts based on figures.

Don't matter....I ordered anyway....if they are just cutouts..I will enjoy the CD and DVD....if they are figures...:D :rock :rock That will kick all kinds of ass because I have always wanted them.

Even Amazon has it listed with figures:

Product Description
Back From The Dead is a deluxe CD/DVD package containing 19 original Spinal Tap songs, a one-hour DVD and unique pop-up diorama package that unveils three 12-inch action figures (courtesy of Sideshow Collectibles) of the band along with a proportionally sized Stonehenge. Back From The Dead is destined to be a collector's item, especially among collectors.

https://www.amazon.com/Back-Dead-Sp...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1241816111&sr=8-1

I think someone just screwed up.

It says pop-up diorama... so maybe they really are cardboard cut-outs? But why Sideshow, when Sideshow has nothing to do with it?

Either way, I ordered it from Amazon... its worth $15 just to have the commentary DVD.

I have a new interpretation of the press release: I'm starting to wonder if the CD doesn't even include these pop-up "paper dolls" but rather folds into a stage for those of us who already have the figures.

One thing is for sure: if people have to decipher your press release you have failed at PR.

I just saw Nigel Tufnel displaying this thing on the Tonight Show. They are just cardboard pop-up paper dolls.

I just got their new album, Back from the Dead. It's pretty much awesome. I don't care for the new versions of their original songs, but the new ones are great. Jazz Oddyssey II and III are so much fun. I think (just about) the best part though is the DVD. They sit and talk about the songs, so, naturally it's classic Tap.

If you enjoy Spinal Tap and crave more like I always have, get this new album.

They obviously don't get a big cut of money from the soundtrack sales because this new album was essentially a re-recording of the soundtrack for the most part. The vast majority of the songs are straightforward re-recordings with no twist.

It's undoubtedly a situation where X amount of the licensing dough for stuff like "Rock Band" would have gone to the original label and/or the producers of the film and re-recording those tracks would give them a bigger piece of the action.

Luckily it was cheap enough to sorta make up for the retreads of existing songs.

On another forum I once pointed out that there are like 5-7 worthwhile songs in addition to the remakes and buying them all on something like iTunes was something like $2 cheaper than just buying the $9 CD, plus you didn't get the DVD.

Also, for the Tap die-hard the two rehashed songs that were reinterpreted for the album ("Sex Farm" and "Flower People") were available as new recordings done in the original style on iTunes and Amazon.com. Each was exclusive to one of the retailers, though I don't remember which was which.

But yeah, between the album itself and the online-only bonus tracks the full original album was remade from beginning to end.

Back