King Kong Armature

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lcummins said:
I didn't get that email because I canceled my order with Sideshow and went through Adam.

First I have seen it too, mine is coming from Mr. DSC as well. :cool:

pitchin said:
TBH I can't see what all the fuss is about........it's just a big lump of metal.....if it had all the fur ets thatwould be a different story.

The thing that made the original one cool was that it was the actual prop but even it now looked nothing like the original kong in film
https://youtube.com/watch?v=ZxfIg7Ge9LY

check the very end, you can make it do anything ;)

Well, I received the 15-days out notice yesterday, so it's finally on it's way to LA.

dd.jpg

FrankenFan said:
Well, I received the 15-days out notice yesterday, so it's finally on it's way to LA.

Wait! We haven't received any news or even a "Shipping in the next 30 Days" notice in the newsletter, but you've already gotten the 15-20 day email???

Why Sideshow, why??? Just a little notice, that's all we ask! :banghead

Read it and weep, Lonster:
Sideshow Estimated Arrival: King Kong Stop-Motion Armature Replica (item #7181)

Dear Valued Collector,

Thank you for your pre-order of our 1933 King Kong Stop-Motion Armature Replica (item #7181) from The Bob Burns Collection Replicas. We appreciate your patience in waiting for the arrival of this Limited Edition, Sold Out item, and would like to inform you that this item will be arriving in our Los Angeles warehouse within approximately the next 15 days.

tol.jpg

havent received any notice of any kind yet.
but I did order FlexPay back when I placed the order.

which Im kind of happy about. Only 1 payment to pay and not the whole lump.

At least mine is coming from Adam! I took Sideshow up on their offer to cancel Flexpay without a penalty once they knew it was going to be delayed! Well, at least the good news is it's finally coming, but I just wish the notices would be as timely as they used to be.

lcummins I have to ask again, but are you rich? lol Man, Sideshow should kiss your butt for giving your entire weekly earnings to them. hehe

You gotta be their No. 1 customer!

Eli26 said:
lcummins I have to ask again, but are you rich? lol Man, Sideshow should kiss your butt for giving your entire weekly earnings to them. hehe

You gotta be their No. 1 customer!

No, I'm not rich... just ask Adam!!! :lol I buy the Exclusives from Sideshow and just about everything else from him!

There are others here who purchase as much or more than me, and I'd be willing to bet there are people out there who buy a lot more than me!! Especially now that I've trimmed a few lines down.

LOTRFan said:
Adam is from Darkshadowcollectibles. :wave

What he said!!!

Adam is the man!!! I truly wish I could support all of our fine retailers, but as Adam is local (about 15 minutes away), I save a lot on shipping!!! :D Of course I have to pay taxes instead, but they are still less than shipping and if an item has damage, there is a lot less hassle without the return shipping, etc. :D :D :D

My kong no longer is proud and tall. The uppermost spine piece can no longer be tightened. Does anyone here have that spare part so that I can have Kong lift up his head and shoulders?

Thanks, Michael

My kong no longer is proud and tall. The uppermost spine piece can no longer be tightened. Does anyone here have that spare part so that I can have Kong lift up his head and shoulders?

Thanks, Michael

I realized this with mine when I had consistently had to tighten it every few months.

When SS originally solicited this they had a clear plastic piece that supported the head in some photos that would serve to take the weight off the spine. I made one for mine and have never had to tighten it since (over 4 years).

I hope you find a spare but I highly recommend this going forward to help reduce wear-and-tear.

I'll post a pic of set-up in a bit...

Mine is also slouchy.Because it's made from white metal(the stuff they use for gaming miniatures)the long pieces have a very low strength-to-weight ratio.Mine has been in a 4 point stance for several year, ever since he slumped and nearly fell on my wife.Sorely tempted to see what it would cost to have some parts duplicated in alluminum...PS

Back