Welcome to SideshowCollectors.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Radioactive Blood
    Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Default Why do you like The Lord of the Rings/Hobbit? (books/movies)

Be specific. Is it the adventure? The nature? The races? Or do you just like Hobbits? LOTR is pretty new to me. (2001) With the movies i became interested again. I read the Hobbit in 7th grade but it never really stuck. And i plan on reading LOTR soon. ( i read the hobbit again last fall and really dug it)

I think the reason i am starting to become more and more interested is the Nature. How they talk about the lands, the beasts, the forests etc. (little things like mentioning Hawthorn berries in the Hobbit) And of course the Mystic creatures. It's all still fairly new to me, again 2001. I don't know a lot of things in depth, like The Grey Havens etc. Why the wizards were sent to ME. So i'm still learning. (i'm sure a lot of this will come with reading the book)

But i just wanted to get an idea of why others specifically like The LOTR universe.

2. Fanboy Collectibles  300x250 Collectibles Direct UK-300x250 Collectibles Direct UK-300x250
    Feedback
    25 (100%)
    The beginning of each movie with the narration of the Ring's history still gives me goosebumps.

What can you say, PJ spared no expense on the scenes/sets, actors/actresses, or the props. Huge production value. It will be hard for any trilogy to do what this movie has accomplished.

Edit: and Fantasy is my favorite genre to read/watch. More so than sci-fi, horror, or comics.

Hammer of the Underworld
    Feedback
    88 (100%)
    When you ask "Why do you like Lord of the Rings", are you specifically referring to Peter Jackson's films, or the entire story as a whole?

Feedback
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoDB1975 View Post
    When you ask "Why do you like Lord of the Rings", are you specifically referring to Peter Jackson's films, or the entire story as a whole?
    I think Krayt meant the books, which I realized after posting.

I read most of the trilogy when I was in high school, but the movies really brought about new life and created a whole new era of fans.

I AM GROOT!!!
    Feedback
    24 (100%)
    And LOTR is one of the best stories out there.

What is a Bagginses?
    Feedback
    2 (100%)
    its just a great story and tolkien was a literary genius, just so great to read .

plus it has goblins in it

Radioactive Blood
    Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by THE SLUG View Post

plus it has goblins in it
    That's the kind of specifics i'm going for.

(and i mean books and movies or both)

Ringer @ Heart MODERATOR
    Feedback
    34 (100%)
    Follow The Josh On Twitter Follow The Josh on Flickr Visit The Josh's Youtube Channel
    The story itself is amazing. The adventure, character development, the meanings of the story. That doing what's right isn't always the easiest thing to do and that risking oneself is something that has to be done. That goes for several things like getting rid of the ring, Aragorn going ahead and accepting his fate, etc. That Friendship/Fellowship are something we should cherish and take to heart making it something of a bigger part in our lives.

I could go on but thats just the tip of the iceberg.

The are decent movies that are well made and cast. I won't ever bother with the books though.

Collector Extraordinaire
    Feedback
    2 (100%)
    I love the movies because of the richness of the story and the characters in it, same with the books, I was very intrigued by the Númenóreans and their journey through Middle Earth and off course the various other cultures. The Gods and demigods.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast