Any Vegetarians on This Board?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Government water subsidies are what facilitate such high meat consumption and also cattle and methane production. Farmers only pay a few pennies while residents pay dollars for water. 80% of all water goes to agriculture and 80% of that goes to animal agriculture.

There is massive drought in many U.S. states because of all the animal agriculture going on.

The aquifers are being emptied far faster than rainwater can replenish them, and that's all because farmers don't pay enough for water and the beef is so cheap for consumers that they cause such high demand for beef, causing the drought.

If meat wasn't so subsidized, people wouldn't eat as much of it and we wouldn't be in drought now.

Imagine a $50 Big Mac. That's what it really costs to produce, but because of Government subsidies, ie WELFARE for the beef industry, it costs far less for the consumer.
https://usmfreepress.org/2013/04/29/meat-subsidies-strip-other-food-industries-to-the-bone/

Of course, the Government also subsidizes McDonalds by paying out social security to their workers because Mc Donalds doesn't pay a living wage, and SOMEONE must give the workers enough money to live on if they are going to live so they can work at Mc Donalds.
That is another topic, though.

If people really want to eat meat, they should at least pay the full cost, and if they can't afford to eat it as often, they will need to eat less, just like they did for tens of thousands of years, before Government subsidies.

That is why most people didn't eat that much meat for thousands of years, and because for thousands of years, heart disease, strokes, osteoporosis and arthritis were all rich people's diseases.

Now the Government subsidizes meat production so that almost anyone can afford to have a heart attack or a stroke.

Most people just don't realize how much meat really costs. Desertification, drought, topsoil loss, methane gas, water pollution, e coli, ect.

I like meat but meat producing is kind of destroying the environment. The amount of resources that it takes is pretty high.
Forgetting about feeling guilty about the animals for a moment, the effect on the environment is pretty bad too.
there is a lot of waste and polluting involved, land destruction, water waste, it's pretty bad guys

Cattle just replace the millions of buffalo that used to live in the wild here. And they lived longer so I'm sure they produced just as much gas and ****. They killed off most of the buffalo and replaced them with cows.

There are many, many other bigger reasons for the environment being harmed.

Government water subsidies are what facilitate such high meat consumption and also cattle and methane production. Farmers only pay a few pennies while residents pay dollars for water. 80% of all water goes to agriculture and 80% of that goes to animal agriculture.

There is massive drought in many U.S. states because of all the animal agriculture going on.

The aquifers are being emptied far faster than rainwater can replenish them, and that's all because farmers don't pay enough for water and the beef is so cheap for consumers that they cause such high demand for beef, causing the drought.

If meat wasn't so subsidized, people wouldn't eat as much of it and we wouldn't be in drought now.

Imagine a $50 Big Mac. That's what it really costs to produce, but because of Government subsidies, ie WELFARE for the beef industry, it costs far less for the consumer.
https://usmfreepress.org/2013/04/29/meat-subsidies-strip-other-food-industries-to-the-bone/

Of course, the Government also subsidizes McDonalds by paying out social security to their workers because Mc Donalds doesn't pay a living wage, and SOMEONE must give the workers enough money to live on if they are going to live so they can work at Mc Donalds.
That is another topic, though.

If people really want to eat meat, they should at least pay the full cost, and if they can't afford to eat it as often, they will need to eat less, just like they did for tens of thousands of years, before Government subsidies.

That is why most people didn't eat that much meat for thousands of years, and because for thousands of years, heart disease, strokes, osteoporosis and arthritis were all rich people's diseases.

Now the Government subsidizes meat production so that almost anyone can afford to have a heart attack or a stroke.

Most people just don't realize how much meat really costs. Desertification, drought, topsoil loss, methane gas, water pollution, e coli, ect.
words from a tin foiled vegie :lol
270183-592318-37.jpg

As Toylion's Consigliere, I can tell you that he is no bully.

Bully or not, they're acting very immature about a serious issue. Not that it bothers me, just lets me know who you can debate and who's not worth your time..

I thought you said you didn't read his posts? why be such a hypocrite bro? :lol:lol

I gave up on devil. No point in debating someone like that.

I know fruits are delicious, But you can't eat just fruits. (I do eat a lot of fruits) some veggies I just can't eat, I try but either the taste is weird or the texture.
And I hate having to put dressing on salads.
Do you use any dressings?

Well I personally don't eat fruits only and not saying you should substitute meat for watermelons. Though, there are people who are thriving on a frugivorous diet which amazes me still to this day that it's possible. I was just saying that yes, while we do enjoy many bad things and hate good things, there are good things we like as well. And in my case, watermelons are more tasty than meat. Though I wouldn't call meat tasty, it's addictive. But without any spices, herbs, sauces.. well anything made by plants to add flavor to it, it's not that great really.

I use certain dressings that are vegan, but I don't only eat salads. Sometimes I eat the vegan versions of the food I grew up liking. Spaghetti with minced beans or meatless-meatballs, burgers, pizza, hot dogs, falafels (love falafels haha) etc. I used to eat them a lot when I made the transition into vegetarianism and later veganism. We try to make homemade food as much as we can. The vegan cuisine is so much more than just fruits and salads. It's a combination of fruits, nuts, seeds, legumes and vegetables. There so many recipes out there you're sure to find something that you'll like as much as you did with non-vegan foods.

Cows are destroying the environment because of their abundant amounts of flatulence that contributes to greenhouse gas. In the absence of a natural predator, man is there to fill in the balance - to eat their delicious meat and to make soft, subtle leather from their hide. It's the way how nature intended it :lecture. And do you want to go against nature? Well, do ya?

Go against nature? What's so natural about factory farming? And you're basically saying that we are there to fill in a balance of a problem that we caused in the first place.

if people hunted and killed their own cows then yeah, that would be great.

It wouldn't be great. Killing animals when it's not necessary can never be great. But I would agree that it would be less awful.

words from a tin foiled vegie :lol
270183-592318-37.jpg

He's presenting facts and making rational arguments and you call him tin-foiled vegie? Talk about being close-minded.

Go against nature? What's so natural about factory farming? And you're basically saying that we are there to fill in a balance of a problem that we caused in the first place.

Well, why should we take the blame for being humans, and give the farting, polluting cows a pass? :dunno If you believe in evolution, then you should accept that nature engineered us this way - to propagate our species, and to use our god-like intelligence to seek the most efficient means of survival (which also, includes food production). Quite frankly, I enjoy being human, and being at the top of the food chain where I can eat an abundant source of animals that were produced from industrial farming. Thank you, nature!

Just remember, if the roles were reversed, the cows would be eating us.

Cattle just replace the millions of buffalo that used to live in the wild here. And they lived longer so I'm sure they produced just as much gas and ****. They killed off most of the buffalo and replaced them with cows.

There are many, many other bigger reasons for the environment being harmed.

you didn't watch the video but I'll tell you, Cows used to eat grass. now they eat corn, Cows are not meant to only eat corn.... that's also the problem. the Methane the cows produce

Also Buffalo lived free in the land, they were not put in cages where the soil erodes and becomes unusable. it's totally not the same thing, (Also there was no transportation of buffalo meat all around in cars, which adds even more to the problem

Well, why should we take the blame for being humans, and give the farting, polluting cows a pass? :dunno If you believe in evolution, then you should accept that nature engineered us this way - to propagate our species, and to use our god-like intelligence to seek the most efficient means of survival (which also, includes food production). Quite frankly, I enjoy being human, and being at the top of the food chain where I can eat an abundant source of animals that were produced from industrial farming. Thank you, nature!

Nathan-Fillion-Loss-For-Words-Reaction-Gif.gif

What the heck did I just read. My head, it hurts. You're not serious are you? You're just joking, like the others, right?

It wouldn't be great. Killing animals when it's not necessary can never be great. But I would agree that it would be less awful.

It would be great in the sense that people wouldn't take meat for granted. People see a burger and to them it's just like seeing a potato or something. They don't think of all the work behind it. We are like that as people. I love to take everything for granted.

If people had to raise and kill their own cows I doubt they would waste them on burgers like that. Of course people would still be eating meat but it wouldn't be as wasted as it is now. Seriously there is so much waste of meat that goes on, it is ridiculous

perhaps we are the reset button, Perhaps we were made this way to "end this world" so that a new one can take place?

It's us against the animals; eat or be eaten. Whenever I sink my teeth into a delectable, medium-rare steak, I have remind myself that this animal's descendants (hundreds of thousands of years into the future) may evolve into man-eating minotaurs - hell bent on making human dairy farms, and interbreeding with our women for human-bull hybrids. And who the hell wants that?!

It's us against the animals; eat or be eaten. Whenever I sink my teeth into a delectable, medium-rare steak, I have remind myself that this animal's descendants (hundreds of thousands of years into the future) may evolve into man-eating minotaurs - hell bent on making human dairy farms, and interbreeding with our women for human-bull hybrids. And who the hell wants that?!
but you don't kill your own animals.

you let a company do the killing for you, your hands are clean on that :lol you get the meat in a little neat package already cut and everything. (Or Worse, you go to a restaurant and you pay someone else to cook it and prepare it for you)

for what you are saying to be true you would have to hunt down and gut your own food, that would be the TRUE meaning of "Us against the animals" where you could die trying to find food.

the way it is now, you might as well have someone feed you the meat themselves lol :lol

but you don't kill your own animals.

you let a company do the killing for you, your hands are clean on that :lol you get the meat in a little neat package already cut and everything. (Or Worse, you go to a restaurant and you pay someone else to cook it and prepare it for you)

for what you are saying to be true you would have to hunt down and gut your own food, that would be the TRUE meaning of "Us against the animals" where you could die trying to find food.

the way it is now, you might as well have someone feed you the meat themselves lol :lol

I like how this guy said it:

If you believe in evolution, then you should accept that nature engineered us this way - to propagate our species, and to use our god-like intelligence to seek the most efficient means of survival (which also, includes food production).

we earned the right to be on the TOP of the food chain.
if something happens and we are no longer on top of the food chain.....the human race is on the menu.

i hope i wont see that in my life time.

"its a COOKBOOK!!!!!"

He's presenting facts and making rational arguments and you call him tin-foiled vegie? Talk about being close-minded.

facts? rational arguments? you honestly believe a tin foil nut could produce that? LOLz....i call that one sugar coating bullcrap. :lol

you didn't watch the video but I'll tell you, Cows used to eat grass. now they eat corn, Cows are not meant to only eat corn.... that's also the problem. the Methane the cows produce

Also Buffalo lived free in the land, they were not put in cages where the soil erodes and becomes unusable. it's totally not the same thing, (Also there was no transportation of buffalo meat all around in cars, which adds even more to the problem

You're talking to someone from farm country so
talk-to-the-hand-sign-smiley-emoticon.gif

Dracula, the reason you can't get a sensible exchange of ideas going on in here is because you can't exchange ideas with a zealot. You may share The Reverend's position on this particular issue, but his lack of respect for opposing ideas means he just doesn't play nice enough for others to bother.

Back