Any Vegetarians on This Board?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For many people murder means the unjust and deliberate killing of an innocent being. But only because some humans back in the day limited the definition of it to only apply to the human animal doesn't make it any more right to kill nonhuman animals when it's not necessary. Just my opinion, I know you disagree, Devil.

You are welcome to yours, sir. :duff

My cat kills mice and birds for sport. Deliberately. She's off the hook because she's not human? I don't buy the double standard.

CHICKEN.jpg

You are welcome to yours, sir. :duff

My cat kills mice and birds for sport. Deliberately. She's off the hook because she's not human? I don't buy the double standard.

Cats are predators and act on instinct. There's no double standard. We're not saying all predators should become herbivores. We're saying we, you and me, are human beings with the capacity to reason and make a choice. Cause harm or don't cause harm. Which one do you choose? It's really that simple.

A lot of people in this day and age don't need meat because they have access to such a wide variety of food that they can acquire the needed nutrients they're used to getting from meat, from other food.

So, if you're in this situation, which I imagine 99.9% of Americans are, killing animals for food is wrong. You're killing them for no other reason than "they taste good". At one point in time, for a long time, we didn't have many other options if any at all, and needed to eat animals to survive. It's something we've done for thousands of years. It's practically embedded in our DNA.

I still eat meat and probably won't ever stop, but I feel slightly bad about it and acknowledge that technically, it's wrong.

Also this:

reuMDRK.jpg

direct this question to an omnivore...

which is more deleeshaaaz?

my stock answer, without hesitation.....BACON.

:lol

Love the turtle pic!
I am not vegetarian, but I do find myself making more meals without meat - something I used to feel I needed - but really don't miss. I use a fair amount of tofu, beans (I make a killer black beans and rice), and I've recently taken to quinoa (love it with fried eggs for breakfast, and add a hard cider if after noon). Main thing is throw in a bunch of spices. Food is all about the spices.

I'm not anti-meat but our family makes a practice to eat it no more than once a week. There are zero health benefits now with the FDA-approved regulations, and the waste of this country is nothing short of sin.

Simply put....the world's gotten ****ing gross.

Killing animals is not murder. There is a word for a specific type of killing because not all killing is the same.

You do the same thing with morality, equating your particular code to morality as such. As it were, your morality is horse****. Also, thank you for demonstrating my point in spades.

I didn't say killing animals was murder.
I asked if it was wrong to feel that murderers are morally inferior to non murderers or not. I meant killing humans in the way that murder is commonly defined.
The point was whether there are some groups that were bad enough to justify feeling ok about feeling superior to,and where you would draw the line and why.
If you would feel morally superior to a murderer because it's justified, why couldn't you also feel morally superior to someone who needlessly kills animals to eat them?

You totally missed the point. Now re read it and answer the questions.

A lot of people in this day and age don't need meat because they have access to such a wide variety of food that they can acquire the needed nutrients they're used to getting from meat, from other food.

So, if you're in this situation, which I imagine 99.9% of Americans are, killing animals for food is wrong. You're killing them for no other reason than "they taste good". At one point in time, for a long time, we didn't have many other options if any at all, and needed to eat animals to survive. It's something we've done for thousands of years. It's practically embedded in our DNA.

I still eat meat and probably won't ever stop, but I feel slightly bad about it and acknowledge that technically, it's wrong.

Also this:

reuMDRK.jpg
You also have to keep in mind that most people didn't eat as much meat and eggs and dairy as they do today, because they weren't as affordable.
For thousands of years, most people probably ate 1/ 15th of the amount of animal products they do today. Government subsidies have made animal products so cheap that people can eat them at every meal now.
That didn't used to be the case.

They only people who could afford to eat as many animal products as most Americans eat today were the ultra rich, the kings and queens, ect.
They all got the heart disease, strokes, diabetes, gout, arthritis, kidney stones and cancer that poor people and average wage people couldn't afford to have.
Those were rich people's diseases that even poor people can afford to have today.

The argument that people ate meat for tens of thousands of years and humans got along pretty well health-wise and so it is normal to eat animal products today in mass quantities is flawed.

When you start eating 10 or 20 times as much of something as your ancestors did, it radically changes your health.

People maybe ate meat once or twice a week tops. A lot ate it only once every two or 3 weeks, if not 4.

If people ate meat with the frequency of their ancestors thousands of years ago, heart disease, strokes, arthritis, and gout, along with cancer and other diseases would become much more rare again.

I am not vegetarian, but I do find myself making more meals without meat - something I used to feel I needed - but really don't miss. I use a fair amount of tofu, beans (I make a killer black beans and rice), and I've recently taken to quinoa (love it with fried eggs for breakfast, and add a hard cider if after noon). Main thing is throw in a bunch of spices. Food is all about the spices.

Quinoa is great! And I absolutely agree with you, the magic is in the spices!

I'm not anti-meat but our family makes a practice to eat it no more than once a week. There are zero health benefits now with the FDA-approved regulations, and the waste of this country is nothing short of sin.

Simply put....the world's gotten ****ing gross.

:lecture

The world would be a much better place if more people thought like that. Acknowledging our faults, being capable of self-criticism, is the first step to a better and, in this case, peaceful society.

One thing I don't understand is why do the bad things for us taste so extremely delicious, and why do the good things for us taste so bad sometimes.

Meat and Sugar and Dairy are meant to be bad for us, (humans shouldn't even be drinking milk to begin with) yet they are so extremely tasty.

onions and garlic are meant to be good for you, yet they are so awful, It's not like you could pick up an onion and bite it. A lot of stuff that is good for you ends up being pretty awful,

What's the deal? why do our taste buds crave the bad things and dislike the good things? is there a flaw in our design?

One thing I don't understand is why do the bad things for us taste so extremely delicious, and why do the good things for us taste so bad sometimes.

Meat and Sugar and Dairy are meant to be bad for us, (humans shouldn't even be drinking milk to begin with) yet they are so extremely tasty.

onions and garlic are meant to be good for you, yet they are so awful, It's not like you could pick up an onion and bite it. A lot of stuff that is good for you ends up being pretty awful,

What's the deal? why do our taste buds crave the bad things and dislike the good things? is there a flaw in our design?

The pace of our food technology has outstripped our pace of evolution. Historically - ie even a generation ago - we haven't had access to so much yummy food.

I was driving past a herd of cows the other week. I do so frequently. And what were they doing? Standing there, eating. Or sitting there, sleeping. I asked, what the f **k do they do? They lead their lives doing nothing but processing grass into fertiliser and methane. They don't even hang out together. Now if that is an animal that isn't serving a better purpose furnishing the best part of a delicious steak sandwich, then, well, what else would they be doing to make the world a better place?

Cats are predators and act on instinct. There's no double standard. We're not saying all predators should become herbivores. We're saying we, you and me, are human beings with the capacity to reason and make a choice. Cause harm or don't cause harm. Which one do you choose? It's really that simple.

No one cares why they die. Necessity makes you no less dead.

The pace of our food technology has outstripped our pace of evolution. Historically - ie even a generation ago - we haven't had access to so much yummy food.

I was driving past a herd of cows the other week. I do so frequently. And what were they doing? Standing there, eating. Or sitting there, sleeping. I asked, what the f **k do they do? They lead their lives doing nothing but processing grass into fertiliser and methane. They don't even hang out together. Now if that is an animal that isn't serving a better purpose furnishing the best part of a delicious steak sandwich, then, well, what else would they be doing to make the world a better place?

they make good cowhide leather jacket and leather boots.

forget that synthetic leather ****e...what am i? an effin hot toys figure?:lol

Probably because we grew up eating those foods from the time we were born and developed taste for them during many years. These unhealthy foods are like drugs, literally. Obviously sugar is addictive but dairy products contains casomorphins which are also addictive. It's only natural that milk would be so that the infants of any species would crave to drink the vital nutrition designed specifically for them. Problem is humans don't learn when to stop and grow up, or who's mother they should drink it from. We continue to drink it way beyond infancy. And I gotta say that meat, dairy and eggs are way overrated. They're nothing without plant-based food. Try eating those three things only and you'll see what I mean. Just a thing like watermelon alone (or cashew nuts) is more tasty than just meat. Those are healthy foods. It might sound biased but vegan food is the best food I've ever eaten (not just watermelons and nuts, lol). I say this as someone who came from a family who worshiped meat and made parilladas almost everyday.

Do you really mean this, 100% serious? Or this another one of your jokes? :dunno

Back