Any Vegetarians on This Board?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had. (not in fast food) I was never rude to any new customers. Why take it out on people that are innocent of that? that makes no sense lol
If anything I was extra nice to the nice people, not the opposite :)

I've seen what some put up with, from their bosses, co-workers and customers. I was lucky I didn't stay in it long.

And anyone saying that working fast food or in a restaurant is a menial job has never done it.

All I'm saying is that i never took my frustration against a random person that just happened to walk into the place. Specially if they were being nice to begin with.
But I've also seen people be extremely rude to customers that were actually not being rude to them, People that come into the store smiling and leave upset or confused. I understand the job sucks and the managers can be awful but why take it out on some lady that just came in or something. (some people tend to be mean no matter what also, every day with an attitude)

and the machine was nicer to deal with in the video :lol

Last edited:
A menial job is a low skill job. Are you telling me it's a high skill job?

I take menial to mean no skill or easy. Those jobs are far from easy. I've had many a job so far in my life and I've never had a job I didn't need trained for or that required some kind of skill to be good at it.

It's usually the people with no skills or education who end up at fast food chains. Whenever I go to McDonald's late at night, I see cashiers mopping the floors, or covering their noses as they have to scrub some hobo's puke from the bathroom. That's as menial as it gets.

you need to know how to work a cash register? remember all the food items? i don't know lol

Anyone can work a cash register, and the receipts at BK and McD's have the orders printed on them so the cashiers don't have to remember anything :lol. But, a skill is something that you develop and perfect over time through training or studying. A low level fast food job doesn't qualify.

Ok explain to me what skill you need to work at a fast food restaurant?

Have you ever worked in one? Skill is just being able to do something well. Multi-tasking is a skill and you better know how to do that in a fast food restaurant.

I don't look down at these kinds of jobs because I know people who need these jobs to live. Too many hard hit places in the country.

It's usually the people with no skills or education who end up at fast food chains. Whenever I go to McDonald's late at night, I see cashiers mopping the floors, or covering their noses as they have to scrub some hobo's puke from the bathroom. That's as menial as it gets.

Well, I totally disagree, but I've been there done that. And guess what, service jobs are about all the jobs that are being created right now. So even if everyone went to school to get a high paying skilled job, there aren't enough of those to go around anyways, especially since there are people overseas willing to come over here and do a lot of those jobs for a lot less money, so companies are going that route.

I'm done with this convo though because both of my jobs are considered unskilled and that's ****ing ********!

Have you ever worked in one? Skill is just being able to do something well. Multi-tasking is a skill and you better know how to do that in a fast food restaurant.

I don't look down at these kinds of jobs because I know people who need these jobs to live. Too many hard hit places in the country.

But, multitasking is required for any job, for that matter. I wouldn't call it a skill, as much as a requirement if you wish to get employed somewhere.

Anyone can work a cash register, and the receipts at BK and McD's have the orders printed on them so the cashiers don't have to remember anything :lol. But, a skill is something that you develop and perfect over time through training or studying. A low level fast food job doesn't qualify.

trust me I had to wait 30 minutes for a burger once and the lady had that "Deer in headlights" look because she didn't know s--- and the manager was gone :lol

At the end she ended up giving me a combo and told me to just go, got free fries and a drink :rotfl (She was nice about it. it was all good)

But for someone that has never used a cash register it is not that simple, Specially if they don't use computers often

trust me I had to wait 30 minutes for a burger once and the lady had that "Deer in headlights" look because she didn't know s--- and the manager was gone :lol

At the end she ended up giving me a combo and told me to just go, got free fries and a drink :rotfl (She was nice about it. it was all good)

But for someone that has never used a cash register it is not that simple, Specially if they don't use computers often

The service at McD's and BK are piss poor :lol. I've seen employees who've been there for months, and they still don't know what they're doing; especially with the restaurants that I frequent. The cashiers always rude with their ghetto attitudes, and they get my orders wrong on a constant basis. I wouldn't say it's a matter of the job being too hard. But, maybe they never paid enough attention in school and are unemployable :dunno.

Of course, I don't mean to generalize anything, because there are some great service people at fast food chains as well. But, the majority of them aren't anything to speak of.

Back