Hasbro appreciation thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No kidding. To me, "Vintage" means 1977 to 1985. ;)

That's usually why I refer to it as "The Vintage Collection" as vintage means the old figures.

Speaking of vintage, I remember in the early to middle 90's you could walk into a comic shop and they would have tons of loose vintage figures for sale.

I also remember going to Flea Markets and seeing blanket layer out with tons of vintage spread out on it with vehicles lined around the ends. Don't see anything like that now sadly.

2a9apetu.jpg

qudada9u.jpg

I've cut down my collecting to just getting some of the more standout clone characters from the cartoon/animated series. Need an Echo, a Neyo, Bly, and a few others. Waxer is on his way.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Just set up a number of the 12" Hasbro figures in my display case. Forgot how awesome these guys are. Bad sculpts, virtually zero paint apps, and horrible bodies can't stop one from appreciating many of the details on the outfits and accessories. Will take pics when my display is finished. It's hard to narrow down the vast options to just one shelf. Will share pics eventually when I get it all just right.

I picked up Pablo Jill last month and picked up Vizam and Merumeru this past weekend. My first three 3.75 figure in the black series. It has been very slow collecting this line mainly due to the poor and boring character choices/rehashes in addition to the “blister” adhesive issues. WOW all the figures at Walmart and Toys R Us are taped up. Anyways with these three purchases a very tiny spark has been ignited and finding myself anticipating the release of Toryn Farr, Sereant Doallyn and Ree Yees!

I think the Vintage Collection had a huge selling feature as you wanted to purchase the figure for the card (even if the figure was boring). Black series focuses on the figures. So if the figure is boring it becomes a easy pass!!

I think we are due for another “Cantina” figure. My favourites have always been Cantina and Jabba background characters!! (even though they generally are peg warmers on shelves)

A super articulated update to Nabrin Leids would be pretty cool.

Anyway - speaking of the cantina, I've been wanting Hasbro to make this vehicle for years now:

Star%20Wars%20-%20D6%20-%20Vehicles%20Stats%20Netbook_img_36.jpg

One of my faves. :cool:

Ok, I need some advice. I just installed a nice thin shelf on which I'd like to display carded POTF2 figures - I can fit from 17 to 20-something, depending on whether I overlap the cards.

My dilemma now is which figures to display? I've got nearly a complete set of Hasbro figures from 1995 to 1999. Should I go for variety with only 1 of each character? Go for variations with multiple of only the core characters? Sort them by color, make a pattern? I'll have to get into my boxes to have a better look at some of these figures I haven't seen in over 12 years. Also, while I also have some carded PT and EU figures, I'm not interested in displaying those on this shelf, so OT only. :)

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but does anyone have any advice about getting the SDCC-exclusive Black Series Jabba the Hutt? People are asking $200+ on eBay which is just too much. Right now I'm waiting since I expect a rush of eBay listings once people actually have them in hand, which should drive the price down. Is anybody actually going to SDCC and willing to help out with something like this?

For those looking for a decent 1/6 x-wing pilot helmet hope may be on the horizon. The new 12" figures line has a pilot Luke and the helmet doesn't look half bad.
y3aqe6uq.jpg

janesu4u.jpg

9agadu7u.jpg

Last edited:
Back