New Ghostbusters Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My own version was painted by Skiman, and then touched up a bit by myself to make it fit with the rest of my figures. There are pics somewhere in the custom Ghostbusters thread from someone who did get it painted by Snyder-Man, though, and they weren't bad. Not sure if Vaughn went that route or not.

My own version was painted by Skiman, and then touched up a bit by myself to make it fit with the rest of my figures. There are pics somewhere in the custom Ghostbusters thread from someone who did get it painted by Snyder-Man, though, and they weren't bad. Not sure if Vaughn went that route or not.

Yeah, Snyder-man painted mine...turned out flawlessly IMO.

So here's a photo of the new Mattel two pack figure set of Egon and Peter with removable proton packs. Do you guys notice something.....strange?

No? How about now?

You still don't see it? How about now?

That's right!!! ******* Mattel reused Peter Venkman's legs on their ******** Egon figure to save money!!! And that's why Mattel sucks b****!! We all know Venkman is the only one in the group to wear the untucked pants, while the other three kept them tucked into their boots. Ahh...I love Mattel...can't wait to see how they ***** up the Real Ghostbusters cartoon figures.

:slap :lol Not buying those anyway but wow.

I also like how in package they are firing their proton streams even though their hand is on the hose instead of the grip with the fire control.

Mattel sucks plain and simple. Now I dont need to buy that 2-pack. I hope they dont #### up Winston and Ray 2-pack.

I stopped buying gb figures from mattel after I bought the first 12 inch ray to come out and realised how bad the head sculpt looked. Mattel just don't care..

lol @ Egon's pants. I'm not sure if these guys are just incompetent or genuinely enjoy spitting in their customers' eyes. They seem determined to ensure there will never be a definitive release of these characters, despite the multiple variants. Judging by Matty's track record, I knew not to expect any extra accessories (even re-used ones) or an improved Ray head, but surely the least you could count on was for a company to not ***** something so simple that they already got right? lol

Seems like someone would have noticed this issue at some point in the production process. Maybe it's an issue with the molds from the other legs deteriorating from so much use, as every other release for every flight suited character except Venkman used those same legs.

Apparently there are photos from the display at SDCC that show egon with the correct pants. I don't really care at this point. I'm not buying this set. Unless Matty do more props, I will not give them any more of my money to fund MOTU.

Are Mattel and Lego the only license holder of the Ghostbusters franchise? I really don't wanna get the Mattel stuff.

Are Mattel and Lego the only license holder of the Ghostbusters franchise? I really don't wanna get the Mattel stuff.

For action figures, yes. From what I remember Toyguru saying on the Matty forums is that matty has been holding on to the license with the hope of a 3rd movie being made. They have blamed fans for the lack of figures being made because they apparently don't make enough money on the line to make it worth their time. Therefore, they have dragged their feet and pissed off their loyal fans.

I just wish hot toys could get the license to ghostbusters, would be so happy

I would love for HT to get the line because of the level of detail they would do, but I would HATE the price tag. I would be fine with SSC getting a crack at it.

Mattel sucks. People have been begging them to re-release the trap for quite a while now but they refuse. The traps are going for $800-$1000 on EBay the demand is there and the people who cos play as Ghostbusters would likely buy a couple to have a spare for backup since they can be a bit unreliable. I know I would get two. Mattel just doesn't want to make money, apparently.

Mattel sucks. People have been begging them to re-release the trap for quite a while now but they refuse. The traps are going for $800-$1000 on EBay the demand is there and the people who cos play as Ghostbusters would likely buy a couple to have a spare for backup since they can be a bit unreliable. I know I would get two. Mattel just doesn't want to make money, apparently.

I also would buy a trap if they revisited it. I didn't know it existed until it was too late for me.

Back