The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises

Nothing about TDKR, just TDK. It was borderline "R"? The MPAA has literally raped movies of it's creators vision and blinded the entire public eye at how movies are looked at. OMG IT WAS SO INTENSE IT NEEDED TO BE "R". ____ those parents. :lol

Just like this new movie Bully, it almost got a NC-17 because it showed what kids say and do at school. So it's now going to be looked at as a bad movie for kids to watch, when in reality it's the one movie they should watch.

I just really despise the old ____s and stupid biases all the people on the ratings board have.

hungergamesimage.jpg

(I know that rating is outdated, but the fact that they had to fight it is ridiculous.)

Bad Ass Digest:

https://badassdigest.com/2012/04/09/the-dark-knight-rises-to-be-the-most-sensual-batman-film-yet/

The Dark Knight Rises got a PG-13 rating, which is like no ____ duh. The movie could have Christian Bale skull____ing Tom Hardy and it would probably get a PG-13 - the MPAA simply does not stand between massive blockbusters and their intended rating (see The Hunger Games, which should have an R rating based on the MPAA's own standard pussyfooting around violence against children)._

What's almost interesting, and what motivated me to write this bit of hit-baiting, is that the film's PG-13 includes 'some sensuality.' Now, sensuality has never been Christopher Nolan's hallmark as a filmmaker - he made the least sexual dream movie of all time, after all - but when you get Catwoman in your Batman film you expect at least SOME sparks to fly. And it looks like they will. So it looks like we're getting some sort of Batboner material this time around.

It'll be interesting to see how Nolan handles that aspect. Bruce Wayne has remained all but celibate in these films, and his love for Rachel was always very chaste. Batman's an inherently feti___ic concept (something Tim Burton and Joel Schumacher embraced in ways that enraged fanboys), and while Nolan could ignore that aspect of it once Catwoman gets involved it becomes way harder. No pun intended. And it gets doubly complicated if Talia al Ghul takes on any role similar to the comics, where she birthed Bruce's baby.

Anyway, sexuality has been notably absent from these 'realistic' takes on Batman, so I'm interested in seeing what Nolan does with his sensuality.

Hopefully it will be as sensual as this shot of Bruce Wayne getting a facial of bats.

:mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha Looking forward to Jye and Void's brief one-handed typing skills for the month following.

:mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha Looking forward to Jye and Void's brief one-handed typing skills for the month following.

typing with only one hand is not that hard. U just typed this right now and didnt really take me long either :wink1:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back