1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's surprising what we settled for before HT came along, they raised the bar and others have tried to get up there. I'd say that, on occasion, both DID and Enterbay go over it, as have Blitzway.

Thing is, there's never been a commercial Indy that has hit the right heights, there's always been something lacking

Agreed... HT's come the closest, but at least on the stock figure the head was fugly and the jacket too bulky and new looking. Accessories and the rest were pretty solid, not up to the level of something you could get from mfisher, or Kato but certainly what you'd expect from HT.

Maybe one day HT will release a v2 and deliver, but my guess is even if that happens the "Curse of the Imperfect Indy" will rear it's ugly head :lol

Toy anxiety has em for 57 I believe....but yeah kinda steep...you can snag a deal sometimes on ebay

Thanks for the tip. They're gone from TA, but I'll keep my eye out.

Agreed... HT's come the closest, but at least on the stock figure the head was fugly and the jacket too bulky and new looking. Accessories and the rest were pretty solid, not up to the level of something you could get from mfisher, or Kato but certainly what you'd expect from HT.

Maybe one day HT will release a v2 and deliver, but my guess is even if that happens the "Curse of the Imperfect Indy" will rear it's ugly head :lol

Agree. HT's should have been a home run. The clothing was definitely a step up from Sideshow's, but still not quite at the level it should have been. And of course the likeness. It gives me pause to be 100% enthusiastic on how HT will do with SW, particularly Han.

I don't even want to tell you what I paid for that relic hunter jacket back in the day!

Looking good,

I remember when the jacket du jour was the Relic Hunter one, would anyone seriously use that now!? When it comes to rights to do things, have even SSC or HT attained rights from Wested to reproduce their jackets!? Here's their site: https://www.wested.com/indiana-jones-9-c.asp

Gettin close now...repainted the upper chest and forearms on the HT Banner body, some more to do once head is finished. Should be done in the next few days.

Looking good, I hadn't seen that Banner body before, it suits the proportions of the head you've done. The arms wouldn't be right for a TOD figure though.

Gettin close now...repainted the upper chest and forearms on the HT Banner body, some more to do once head is finished. Should be done in the next few days.

9y9eqy4y.jpg

yes! looking great!! Is that the HT hat?? Looks a little different... but with SO many things out there, I'm getting all confused...

9y9eqy4y.jpg

yes! looking great!! Is that the HT hat?? Looks a little different... but with SO many things out there, I'm getting all confused... ALSO.... are those the arms that come with Banner? or did you swap out for non-muscle arms?

yes! looking great!! Is that the HT hat?? Looks a little different... but with SO many things out there, I'm getting all confused... ALSO.... are those the arms that come with Banner? or did you swap out for non-muscle arms?
Thats the dx05 hat yep! Thats how the Banner body comes with those arms...way better for posing. Add the jacket on it should be perfect to hide em as theyvare a bit too muscular but they could be shaved down. Im using one for a bill the butcher cutom as well it has the sculpted foreams basically the amrs are TTM21 arms

Yeah, looks like it's the torso from a TTM-19 and arms from the 21. A good option for a fixed neck with better arm articulation.

Ordered the complete Raiders set from Mfisher , to compliment my Indy with the Snyderman repainted SSC head . Saw all of the pictures people posted over the last couple of years and fiinally took the plunge.

Here's where things stand with my custom Medicom Crystal Skull Indy. He looks slightly scrawny on the Truetype slim (mostly when next to other Indy customs), so that might be changed out in the future. Repainted the head and shoes, reworked jacket from a few pages ago, scratch built belt, holster, whip keeper. I'm looking to redo the regular belt, so he's missing that in the photos. Hat is Hot Toys version - I'm no Indy gear expert so I'm not sure if this is the best one to use for Crystal Skull.
medi-indy1.jpg
medi-indy5.jpg
medi-indy8.JPG
medi-indy12.JPG
medi-indy13.JPG

Hi gang, I finally picked up a Sideshow Indy after having sold mine many years ago. What's the consensus of the best body to switch him over to?

Some would say the Assassin's Creed Ezio body. Others say TTM-19 or TTM-19 frankensteined with TT arms. Either will do the job, but, there are also bodies due out from Coomodel that do look promising:

Back