1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The HT sculpt benefits massively from taking out the entire Pers box and shaving it down, cut the chin peg out completely, I've been heating and reshaping the heads now since they came out. The other thing worth doing is adding a little bit of red to the face it kills that tan/cream look he has.

Thanks for that. I actually couldn't remember who it was that was doing all of this at first.

So what to your eye needs re-shaping now...? I have left the pers box out completely because it serves no purpose whatsoever. This is a Bruce Banner body, and all bodies like this i always take the neck plug out of the body's neck.

Sculpts look much better when just pushed on with no gaps and still fully posable, so i always take em out.

Here is my LC Indy from the climax of the film.

10509521_904430486240594_2858897868271785178_n.jpg
10462927_904430516240591_5676785722236706363_n.jpg

And just to throw in: here is my WIP Vogel.

Vogel.jpg

Well, this is nowhere near the awesome of that Kato jacket - but I'm working on upgrading the Medicom Crystal Skull Indy and trying to salvage most of the original parts at the same time. Starting with the jacket, I gave it an overhaul to remove the two most glaring pieces of ugly - the oversized zipper and the high collar. Then added some weathering and the snaps. Here's a before (top) and after (bottom):
jacket_front.jpg

jacket_back.jpg

Larger:
jacket_cu.jpg

I'm using a truetype slim at the moment for old Indy. I've got some other Hot toys clothes coming though, so may switch out to another body if the jacket will still fit.

Wested don't own the rights to that jacket or it's pattern. Peter Botwright tailored the jacket as a commission from the film production, under the direction of Debora Noodleman and Spielberg, althought he claims to have added elements to the design, people believe that he, despite his claims, only copied the work of other jacket makers (Cooper jackets) whom had created the earlier prototypes. There's a history of debate and research into this topic going back years and if you are really interested, go over to Indygear, it makes for fascinating reading. The arguments were intense and there were a fair few casualties, the debate is probably still raging.

There's a couple of guys on here that can attest to that.

I see, it doesn't surprise me that 1/1 rights are as contested and murky as 1/6 ones are. As for me, I just enjoy what I get regardless of who did or didn't have permission to do whatever it was they did. All I know is that, one day, I will have an Indy standing there that I am happy with. I will get there, I'm just taking my sweet time, he's mine so there are no deadlines to meet.

I see, it doesn't surprise me that 1/1 rights are as contested and murky as 1/6 ones are. As for me, I just enjoy what I get regardless of who did or didn't have permission to do whatever it was they did. All I know is that, one day, I will have an Indy standing there that I am happy with. I will get there, I'm just taking my sweet time, he's mine so there are no deadlines to meet.

:lecture You and me both, brother.

My first Indy looked like this:

That dates from 2005 and this next one was a year later:

There have been varying incarnations ever since, but none to get excited about....

Indy customizations have really come a long way... I do remember the Toys McCoy being the grail figure; but it looks about a step above a Hasbro now :lol

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_070609b.htm

What's crazy is how much that figure sold for when it was the only game in town... I've heard $600 was common. Just insane :lol

And for fun... I recall that the Sovereign Studio was even guest reviewed on MWCtoys; man was that fugly sculpt :lol

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_062303b.htm

What? :lol

Now out of curiosity... is it the best one out there, or just a fun nod to the OG figure? And please don't tell me you bought one just for the belt :lol

:lol

Not a nod, I actually like the belt buckle's muted, rusty finish! I recolored the web strap and added a metal tab to the end, though. I actually scored the pants with the belt a while back for next to nothing, well after the figure had lost its value and was virtually worthless. :)

Wested don't own the rights to that jacket or it's pattern. Peter Botwright tailored the jacket as a commission from the film production, under the direction of Debora Noodleman and Spielberg, althought he claims to have added elements to the design, people believe that he, despite his claims, only copied the work of other jacket makers (Cooper jackets) whom had created the earlier prototypes. There's a history of debate and research into this topic going back years and if you are really interested, go over to Indygear, it makes for fascinating reading. The arguments were intense and there were a fair few casualties, the debate is probably still raging.

There's a couple of guys on here that can attest to that.

Yes ...whenever a website forum gets dedicated to a subset of a subset of a single topic ...you know people will eventually be driven crazy :D

i posted there about 15 years ago and bought a Wested custom sized extra thick cowhide about 13 years ago.
Its weird to think I've had it so long now and have actively treated it shabbily with no care at all to let it naturally distress. 13 years on and its starting to get some cool Indy style distressing on it.

Indy customizations have really come a long way... I do remember the Toys McCoy being the grail figure; but it looks about a step above a Hasbro now :lol

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_070609b.htm

What's crazy is how much that figure sold for when it was the only game in town... I've heard $600 was common. Just insane :lol

And for fun... I recall that the Sovereign Studio was even guest reviewed on MWCtoys; man was that fugly sculpt :lol

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_062303b.htm

It's surprising what we settled for before HT came along, they raised the bar and others have tried to get up there. I'd say that, on occasion, both DID and Enterbay go over it, as have Blitzway.

Thing is, there's never been a commercial Indy that has hit the right heights, there's always been something lacking

Gettin close now...repainted the upper chest and forearms on the HT Banner body, some more to do once head is finished. Should be done in the next few days.

9y9eqy4y.jpg

That's looking great! I love the Banner body for Indy. I may have to track one down myself.

Edit: Nevermind. $70-$80 for the body!

Back