1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes! looking VERY good... for the record, I would never display him without the hat, so for me, no need for a hatless sculpt, but would love it if the hat was separate!

very excited about this one!
-r.

yes! looking VERY good... for the record, I would never display him without the hat, so for me, no need for a hatless sculpt, but would love it if the hat was separate!

very excited about this one!
-r.

I agree no need for hatless Indy...but if it can be pulled off and work well with a hat, im all for it.

this. need this!! ;)
image.jpg

Hi marf,

How did you apply the washes with angelus? Did you dip it in? Thinned it with water? Don't want mess up the jacket :p

I hear you! :) Here's the latest pic of mine, I really just took it to show the jacket mods. I want to take some more with my new Hasbro ark, maybe next week.

Best,

Robert

Hi Robert, I thinned the paint quite a bit and then applied washes in sections using a paintbrush. :duff

Thanks guys! Jake's skills can certainly do it justice ;)

A few more tweaks to the hat brim.

View attachment 133333

Badass work!!!

I'd lean more towards not having a hatless option, or just doing it as two sculpts. The problem with separate hair is you always get an unnatural gap somewhere in the hair line. And I imagine there would be enough interest in both options to make it worthwhile to do both.

Hi Robert, I thinned the paint quite a bit and then applied washes in sections using a paintbrush. :duff

Thanks marf. Will gather some courage snd will try :). How thin did you make it?

Drying the sleeves. Did you do that using a body or seperate from it?

Best,

Robert

Badass work!!!

I'd lean more towards not having a hatless option, or just doing it as two sculpts. The problem with separate hair is you always get an unnatural gap somewhere in the hair line. And I imagine there would be enough interest in both options to make it worthwhile to do both.

Well, technically, to ease painting the head should be hatless. You paint the head then add the hat, just like the WGP and SSC heads.

Thanks marf. Will gather some courage snd will try :). How thin did you make it?

Drying the sleeves. Did you do that using a body or seperate from it?

Best,

Robert

Unfortunately I didn't note exactly how much water/paint I used in my mixture, but I added about a tablespoon of water to a pea-sized amount of paint.

For the sleeves, I bunched them up on a body as far up on the arms as I could.

Snyder-man conquered the posable hat a couple of years ago. I believe they are casting the hat in urethane rubber now. This new sculpt looks promising but I find it hard to get excited about digital sculpts until I see them printed and on a body.

This new sculpt looks promising but I find it hard to get excited about digital sculpts until I see them printed and on a body.

Printed, touched up and then cast. Which Beast has already done with at least one other head to great effect. Take a look at the Bond thread if you want to see a stellar example.

Or, with the power of the internets…

The only reason not to get excited is that Beast has mentioned he's producing these for himself, not for sale.

Well, technically, to ease painting the head should be hatless. You paint the head then add the hat, just like the WGP and SSC heads.

Yes, I agree with that... I was referring to having a separate hair piece for an un-hatted look. Definitely nice to have the hat cast separately for a number of reasons. But if he goes with a hatless head, then I'd just make it all one piece rather than the swap out parts as the seam for the hair never looks good.

Found this on ebay, wondering if it would be a suitable body for 1981 Ford as Indy. It's the Sideshow Drake body.

$_57.JPG

It's a good body and build... but very dark, like Wolverine body dark. So I'd probably hold off for a lighter version, but if not you'll just have a darker complected Indy :lol

I would never pose my Indy wiothout his hat.... BUT I would prefer to be able to position the hat on the head to my personal liking.

Therefore: hat needs to be separate.

Back