1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_2893.jpg

That is one dirty Indy. You'd think he was dragged behind a truck or something. :lol

Hey buddy,

Long time, looks great again. Will post more pics of mine. Switched to the kato set on mine.

Best,

Robert

Here's a quick update on mine, impressive customs guys, glad to see this thread is still around
IMG_2893.jpg

When you make a mold of it and sell/trade castings to other people you are making a profit off of someone elses talent, regardless of how much you "reworked" it. Why not use the head as a reference and sculpt it from scratch? It's funny how everyone talks about how bad recasting is until something they want gets recast. I guess when the popular kids want to do it, it's alright.

If Trevor himself had a problem with his PF sculpt being shrunk to 1/6, i'm sure he would have let people on this board know

You perfectly illustrated the point I'm arguing with the photo you posted. I get what the sculptor was going for. I just think he failed. The expression was too exaggerated on the PF and looks even worse on the 1/6th recast. I understand that most collectors on this board think Trevor is the only sculptor who can capture HF. Though there are things about the HT's sculpt I didn't like it's just as good as the SS sculpts. Several custom sculpts have come as close as TG. I think that fan love for certain sculptor's work causes them to turn a blind eye to the realities of what looks good and what doesn't. I'll be the first to admit that there are some sculptors work that I like better than others. In the end the best sculpt of a character is what I'm looking for, regardless of who sculpted it.

I don't think Trevor is the only sculptor who can capture HF, he's just the one who I feel has been most successful. And you're right, other sculptors have come close, but that's the key word; close. I'll admit, I am a huge Trevor Grove fan, but that's only because every sculpt he bothers to create, ends up being widely accepted as the definitive version of that character. I am always looking for the best sculpt, same as you, I just happen to think the honors consistently go to Trevor.

And to say that the HT sculpt is as good as any one of Trevor's sideshow sculpts, whether it be the 1/6, Raiders 1/4 or ToD 1/4 is just...sorry, all bias aside, I can't take that seriously.

It seems you've spent so much time debating on this thread that you missed William Shatner's Toupee explaining what has taken the time. Indy is not the only head he has sent to be printed. There have been defects in some of the prints and he's hanging fire till everything is sorted. Indy wasn't actually one of the defective ones, but, I can understand his caution.

Better everything comes back hunky dory and we all get the best heads. Nothing to panic about!

I don't think Trevor is the only sculptor who can capture HF, he's just the one who I feel has been most successful. And you're right, other sculptors have come close, but that's the key word; close. I'll admit, I am a huge Trevor Grove fan, but that's only because every sculpt he bothers to create, ends up being widely accepted as the definitive version of that character. I am always looking for the best sculpt, same as you, I just happen to think the honors consistently go to Trevor.

And to say that the HT sculpt is as good as any one of Trevor's sideshow sculpts, whether it be the 1/6, Raiders 1/4 or ToD 1/4 is just...sorry, all bias aside, I can't take that seriously.

:exactly::yess::goodpost:

Trev's sculpts are the best. They are a bit oversized for HT style bodies and the Raiders 1/6 one was made of some nuclear shiny plastic unfortunately. :(

I'm really late to the party, but here is a custom Indy I've been working on on and off for the last year. It's not finished, but is very close. I am getting an mfisher whip and still need to attach the head (it's attached by tape at the moment)

IMG_1248.jpg

Jacket weather detail:
IMG_1246.jpg

Recipe:
Head: Paul Carson
Headpaint: smallstudios
neck removal and chest paint: SilentSurfer
Jacket, shirt, gloves, belt: Hot Toys
Pants, bag, whip: Sideshow
Shoes: not sure
Belt with gun holster: mfisher
Jacket and gloves weathering: me

I also added some quarters and dimes in the lining of the jacket to give it some weight and fall better.

He looks awesome, Neehar! :rock That is truly a one of a kind gem you have there with that sculpt/paint combo, especially with the excellent Job Nathan did dremmeling/paint matching.

Thanks Dane! You beat me to it, I was going to say that Nathan did a phenomenal job matching the head to the neck. He also painted some chest hairs which look very realistic. I'll take some good pictures once he is done.

I'm really late to the party, but here is a custom Indy I've been working on on and off for the last year. It's not finished, but is very close. I am getting an mfisher whip and still need to attach the head (it's attached by tape at the moment)

IMG_1248.jpg

Jacket weather detail:
IMG_1246.jpg

Recipe:
Head: Paul Carson
Headpaint: smallstudios
neck removal and chest paint: SilentSurfer
Jacket, shirt, gloves, belt: Hot Toys
Pants, bag, whip: Sideshow
Shoes: not sure
Belt with gun holster: mfisher
Jacket and gloves weathering: me

I also added some quarters and dimes in the lining of the jacket to give it some weight and fall better.

You win!

The best Indy I've ever seen, just needs a little stubble on the neck.

Last edited:
Very nice job indeed Reinhardt!

I too would like to see some close-ups of that head, it's one of the first custom heads I've seen for a while that I really like. Paul did a great job there.

Back